Dragon Age: Inquistion

Rosbjerg

Start of old Thread.

End of old Thread.

Shamelessly copied from MC's intro post of past threads (give me a yell if it needs updating):

dragon-age-inquisitiongeneraljpg-30bee4_

Official Website

A cataclysmic event has plunged the land of Thedas into turmoil. Dragons now darken the sky, casting a shadow of terror over a once-peaceful kingdom. Mages have broken into an all-out war against the oppressive Templars. Nations rise against one another. It falls to you to restore order as you lead the Inquisition and hunt down the agents of chaos - your choices will forever change the Dragon Age.

- trailer.

From IGN:

As the Chantry’s oppression of the mages comes to a head in the opening of Inquisition, a Fade tear splits the sky, leading dragons and other monsters into the fray, “and that kicks off the events." Following that, nations plunge into war, and “the decision is made to bring back an inquisition to find out what’s going on and stop this,” Flynn explains.

Release Date: Fall 2014

Supported: PS3, PS 4, XBox 360, XBox One, PC

Engine: DICE's Frostbyte

-----------------------------

Why Dragon Age: Inquisition isn't Called DA 3 - article

- video interview

First Look: DA:I Concept Art - blog

DAI Wallpapers

A Look Inside Dragon Age: Inquisition's Development

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I need it to be preorderable so I can cancel the preorder and make a "Preorder Cancelled!" post to emphasise how much I dislike [something] about the game and its publicity. That is the main purpose of preordering, after all.

(Actually I need a new computer before preordering anything)

• Like 6

I need it to be preorderable so I can cancel the preorder and make a "Preorder Cancelled!" post to emphasise how much I dislike [something] about the game and its publicity. That is the main purpose of preordering, after all.

Don't you mean buy it on discount so you can say triumphantly that you bought it for ten bucks less than full price?

I mean, that will really teach EA. I mean BioWare. It will teach BioWare. To, uh, not be bought out. Yeah.

• Like 1

Don't you mean buy it on discount so you can say triumphantly that you bought it for ten bucks less than full price?

I mean, that will really teach EA. I mean BioWare. It will teach BioWare. To, uh, not be bought out. Yeah.

Nah, the proper way is to say that you will buy it on a steam sale when ea caves in and releases it on steam, yet demonstrate an uncanny knowledge of the contents of the game that beats all who admit to having gotten the game from the day it's released. :p
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

actually, we has noticed that alan frequent is the one who misses the point. he gets focused on his (or bioware's) agenda, and complete misses the issue at hand. is tiresome how dogged he can be barking up the wrong tree.

Then by all means help me gain some perspective by explaining it to me. What you write here doesn't give me much to go on aside from you disagree with me, which would hardly be the first time. So I imagine there's more to it than that.

Ideally, if I may, I'd prefer you give your response in prose because I find the character provides an unnecessary layer of obfuscation that wouldn't be necessary and would increase the likelihood of me missing your point.

• Like 2

I like the "Why DAI isn't DA3article". "We wanted to emphasize that the game isn't a sequel but about the Inqusition" LOL. What they wanted is to downplay the connection between the new game and the DA2 disaster

• Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

All these subtitles are damn confusing.

*sigh* Why have keeping it simple with numerical values when you can make it difficult with different subtitles?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All these subtitles are damn confusing.

*sigh* Why have keeping it simple with numerical values when you can make it difficult with different subtitles?

Probably because they got called out for calling DA2 DA2 with the differences and all, when they had originally thought about calling it DA:Something or Other. Closing the gate after the cows have fled etc.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Actually best way is to get it from Skidrow. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I need this game to come out, play it twice with a combined playtime of 120 hours and then complain about it on the internet.

Exactly, that's the natural order of things.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

actually, we has noticed that alan frequent is the one who misses the point. he gets focused on his (or bioware's) agenda, and complete misses the issue at hand. is tiresome how dogged he can be barking up the wrong tree.

Then by all means help me gain some perspective by explaining it to me. What you write here doesn't give me much to go on aside from you disagree with me, which would hardly be the first time. So I imagine there's more to it than that.

Ideally, if I may, I'd prefer you give your response in prose because I find the character provides an unnecessary layer of obfuscation that wouldn't be necessary and would increase the likelihood of me missing your point.

I don't know in the 15(?) years I've seen Gromnir post that I've ever seen him post out of character.

If I did I purged it from my mind so I could only remember the in-character posts.

I expect no Monty Python references now after the sheer amount of times the Inquisition joke has been done to death on their forums.

That's why you do History of the World Part 1 jokes instead...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I don't know in the 15(?) years I've seen Gromnir post that I've ever seen him post out of character.

If I did I purged it from my mind so I could only remember the in-character posts.

I expect no Monty Python references now after the sheer amount of times the Inquisition joke has been done to death on their forums.

That's why you do History of the World Part 1 jokes instead...

actually, we has posted w/o Gromnir voice a handful o' times on these and the bio boards-- maybe 5 times total. am not thinking that a reply to alan necessitates such a rare break with tradition.  am certain that alan understood our post perfectly well, so the comment about "obfuscation" is, at best, misplaced. am agreeing we were not specific, but there were nothing 'bout our posting style that made our implication confusing to him.

furthermore, as alan now has the mantle o' "bioware employee" Gromnir must needs always be careful. the obsidian boards has a prohibition related to perceived attacks on the employees o' developers from other companies.  is a silly rule when applied to an employee that posts in this place, but so many rules is a bit silly. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps experience tells us that the threshold for what constitutes an "attack" is at least as vague as alan found our earlier post to be. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

More like desuetudo than silly, but, hey...

I had to look that up. Another term for my e-lawyer dictionary, I'm sure it'll bring me many glorious victories in threads to come. My thanks.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

sadly, while the prohibition 'gainst  criticism directed at specific, individual game developers may (or may not) have been in existence for a long time, its application is a relatively new phenomenon. as with all board rules, it is applied in an ad hoc fashion that beggars attempts to predict. *shrug* is rules, not laws. ultimately, regardless o' what is stated in posted board rules, obsidian may prohibit or allow as they choose. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

sadly, while the prohibition 'gainst  criticism directed at specific, individual game developers may (or may not) have been in existence for a long time, its application is a relatively new phenomenon. as with all board rules, it is applied in an ad hoc fashion that beggars attempts to predict. *shrug* is rules, not laws. ultimately, regardless o' what is stated in posted board rules, obsidian may prohibit or allow as they choose. 

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir we need to have laws and rules so we have order, without order we are no better than animals

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I do not think that Gromnir is referring to having no rules at all, rather to bad rules.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir we need to have laws and rules so we have order, without order we are no better than animals

Are you saying people who don't follow rules are animals?

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.