Map errors and other issues

iwabo

Question

You really built a nice and fun game but there really are some annoying issues. I finished my second playthrough some time ago. And both times I had several issues. I'm playing the PC version on Steam.

1. The map will display 3 remaining treasures at the school and 7 remaining treasures at Kyle's house, even though I collected everything there is in the game. I definitely didn't miss any equipment, as I got the achievements for it. Also I was following many different guides on my second playthrough to make sure I miss nothing. Yes I went in gnome mode too, I definitely collected all the stuff but the map won't stop showing this wrong information. I had a similar issue before, in which it would show that I'm still missing one Chinpokomon in the community center, even though I had collected them. Later when I collected another Chinpokomon at another place this false map entry from the community center disappeared. The school and Kyle's house mistakes never disappear.

2. During the last few cutscenes before and after the final battles of the game, in my second playthrough the characters started flashing and at some point disappeared completely. The cutscene was still going normally, just that you couldn't see characters anymore. At first only my character disappeared...shortly later only Jimmy remained.

These are the two main issues I had with the game. The other issues are the same as everyone else had. Broken save system, many things are misable which can be really frustrating (it took me a while to notice but I completely missed my chance to gain the achievement for interupting five channeling attacks and now have no way of getting it except for starting yet another game) and takes away a lot of the fun of the game. At least make it possible to go back to certain chapters after you beat the game in order to collected missing items or achievements.

Also, I think the game is much too easy, even on Hardcore mode. Had no problems in Fighter class, and Jew class was basically a god mode. And I never played games of this genre before. It's still a lot of fun though. I just hope you can fix those annoying errors. I didn't think I'd ever say that but I totally can't wait for DLC story content or even a second game that revolves around the Coon, Mysterion and co. story line.

Edited by iwabo

5 answers to this question

I've also had the same problem with vanishing characters in cut scenes.  Here's a few other problems I've been having:

- Breakable objects permanently stop dropping items after returning from Canada and leaving the game.  On my first play through, this didn't happen until after beating the final boss.

- The Chinpokomon "Shoe" does not appear in the final area.  I looked up a video to find its location, but it does not appear there when I play.

- Some cut scenes suffer audio desync.  Usually dialogue is triggered as each character speaks, but other sounds are trigger long before the event is shown.

- On one occasion, the first cut scene for the Abortion Clinic stopped while my character was taking a photo of the clinic records.  Other sounds continued except for character dialogue, but the video froze and I had to skip that scene entirely.

It would be great if a dev could at least comment on the issue, whether they know what causes the issue with the broken map, if it can be fixed...

(and spawning enemies that use channeling attacks even after the game is over would be great)

Edited by iwabo

While I can understand Obsidian is probably busy with stuff, it would be really nice to FINALLY get some feedback from the devs regarding the broken map and the possible addition of ways to get missed stuff.