I noticed something today that I found a little strange to me when it comes to backing the project on the website.

I paid for the signed collector's edition, the audio cd, and playing cards. Everything worked completely as is, all is good.

However, I noticed that if I were to later decided I also wanted the I don't know.. Digital Strategy Guide, I would have to buy the game an entire second time just to get that add-on that I wanted. I understand that add-ons are well.. add-ons they shouldn't be purchasable alone and that makes sense.

It would be a wise idea though to have some kind of system where people who have already made a purchase though can still access and pay for add-ons at a later time (even if it is only digital items for shipping reasons)

I say this because with the current system you're potentially throwing away money people may have been willing to give for things they would have gotten at a later date when they had the funds for it. If something like this isn't done though, I think it'd be wise at least to have the page explicitly state that there's no going back so you better have everything you want now.

I searched around the forums about this, but the last time it was discussed was in January with a dev saying they were looking into maybe adding it, and since it's April now I wasn't sure if it was a shelved idea for whatever reason or what.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain they're currently working on getting add-on management working as a separate thing, even for already-confirmed orders. They said they'll let us know when there's an update on that front.

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Ah, alright. That's good.

Like I said.. it's not even for myself really, I probably wont stumble into enough money to go past my signed collectors edition, and I don't really need any of the other digital things.

It just seemed odd to limit the money they could be making.

Yeah, I think it's just that they've got so much going on right now, and it was such a task just to get all the pledge/order confirmations in and processed, etc. People asked about that pretty early after the backer portal went up, 'cause they had actually added some new add-ons, if I'm not mistaken. One of the developers basically said "We're working on it." So, dunno exactly how long it's gonna take, but he made it sound like it wasn't something they were expecting ASAP, exactly. Sounded like the 2nd thing in priority on a list or something.

Like I said, seems like they've just got a lot going on right now. And they're a pretty small team, really. Maybe having Paradox around will help alleviate some of that stress, :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Here's what I did.

Wrote an e-mail to Obsidian about the issue, because there are some add-on's I'd like to get. A few days later Darren responds that he cancelled my order and returned my credit. So then I simply created a new one. Easy as pie.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Here's what I did.

Wrote an e-mail to Obsidian about the issue, because there are some add-on's I'd like to get. A few days later Darren responds that he cancelled my order and returned my credit. So then I simply created a new one. Easy as pie.

Oh that's good, at least they are willing to do that until/if they get the system set up on the site.