Abortion Clinic - Randy Marsh Abortion QTE Broken

Heather Lehane

Question

I've tried to complete this 20 times. I am on the Xbox 360.

I get into the room where Randy is dressed up like a woman. The two Men in suits come in and I'm forced to do a abortion. This is where the QTE comes in and it's broken. The first time it starts to fail is when I have to inject him, it fails to register my pressing down on the left analog stick two to three times. I've even been killed by the men for failing this due to the game failing to register my controller option. I've tried this with 2 other controllers with the same result so it's not my controller.

If I get past that I have to put the metal rod into Randy's behind and then move my analog stick in a counter clockwise direction. The game fails to completely register the movement of my analog stick. Again I've tried this with 2 other controllers and still it won't register. All I ever get is "Ooh that's cold" from Randy and then after a minute he starts to bleed I get shot. I've reloaded from earlier saves, I've reloaded from checkpoints. I'm still getting killed.

This is a major bug in the game. I've went online and looked at video's of this being done and completed successfully but those video's are of the PC version. I've only gotten the prompt from Randy saying that's as wide as he goes and then he still bleeds and I get killed. I never get the prompt to go to the next step and I haven't ever gotten the "that's as wide as I go" dialogue after the first and only time.

So this is a major game breaking bug on the Xbox 360 that needs to be addressed immediately. I cannot progress past this point in the game.

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Well it's not working for mine. When in that QTE I get killed over and over and over again. Any other time in the game my controller works fine. In other games I own the controller works fine. So it has to be the QTE itself. There is no other explanation.

In PC version QTE prompts weren't very clear how you actually had to push buttons, which was reason why I failed in scene several times before I understood what I had to do, so maybe there is similar problem in Xbox 360 version.

I found this help from http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/651581-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/answers?qid=367371

Part 1 - wait a second for it to go left or right, then back to middle. flick down
Part 2 - just spin it counter clockwise as fast as you can... being gentle isn't what this game is about.
Part 3 - just be ready to flick the stick in the opposite direction quickly.

I am not getting prompted to press right on the stick. Not at all there is no prompt on the screen. I have no way of taking a video to show you this but that is what is happening. I press A to start the vacuum, then press left to move it over to the left. I wait and wait for the prompt but no prompt and Randy screams "Get it off" and then he dies. I press right when he's screaming and he still dies. Nothing works. I've watched your video you linked to and it shows prompts but I'm not getting those.

• Like 1

Which would mean that some reason game don't register that your stick's position and I would also say that problem isn't in your controller as you can pass second phase of abortion.

Only thing that I can think to suggest you to try is to move stick quickly left and right after your push A and then hold stick to left and see if that helps game to react your action.

I have exactly the same issue, I can get all the way to the 3 part, there is no QTE all Randy screams is "Get it off!" and the ball rips out. I have tried this 20 times and there is no "Oww" warning and no QTE popping up. I am literally stuck and cannot contiue the game, it's a bit frustrating.

I have the PC Steam edition, I am using a Razer Sabertooth controller, I tried it with keyboard and mouse as well to no avail.

SO I got a workaround - for the PC I started the game with the controller connected, exited, started it with the keyboard and mouse and then I finally got the prompts.

When I tried this with loading the game and selected continue and then exited - the fix did not work.

Just start the game, with controller hooked up, exit game, discconect controller, start the game and just finish this section with the keyboard, you can then save and exit, hook up the controller and continue playing with a controller.

I have this problem as well. I can get through steps one and two with absolutely no issue - when I get to step 3, neither Randy or the game give me any prompts and I just keep killing him and getting myself shot by the government men. It's very frustrating. 

I have the subtitles on - I've had them on the whole game, I have tried moving the thumbstick without the prompts and my character does nothing...

I also have issues in combat occasionally where I have to rotate the thumbstick around for about 30 seconds to a minute when it lands on my buddy so that I can pick what I want them to do because it acts as though you're not moving the thumbstick at all. It sits on the basic attack and you can click A and attack, so it's not that it's momentarily locked up or not recognizing the control, it's just spazzing out about the thumbstick. 

I've both heard and read in some forums and even walkthroughs (Pewdiepie said it best I think) that the update actually made the game glitchier than it was before the patch. In fact, Pewds said "It's glitchier now than before the update - it was fine before the update, now it spazzes out sometimes." Can we get another update soon to fix these issues? Please? I really, really want to keep going! Please please?

In PC version QTE prompts weren't very clear how you actually had to push buttons, which was reason why I failed in scene several times before I understood what I had to do, so maybe there is similar problem in Xbox 360 version.

I found this help from http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/651581-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/answers?qid=367371

Part 1 - wait a second for it to go left or right, then back to middle. flick down

Part 2 - just spin it counter clockwise as fast as you can... being gentle isn't what this game is about.

Dear Elerond

I am playing this on PC and I didn't quite understand how to pass the second part.

For spinning counterwise fast, do you mean I should press A several times? Or what?

I am so frustrated about this and other websites didn't help me either.

Can you please help?

Dear Elerond

I am playing this on PC and I didn't quite understand how to pass the second part.

For spinning counterwise fast, do you mean I should press A several times? Or what?

Can you please help?

Those instructions were for Xbox 360 version, they probably work also for PC if you use Xbox 360 controller or some other pad that are similar.

With keyboard you need in my understanding make indicator cursor move several times between most left and most right, as fast as you can.

• Like 1

Dear Elerond

Can you please help?

Those instructions were for Xbox 360 version, they probably work also for PC if you use Xbox 360 controller or some other pad that are similar.

With keyboard you need in my understanding make indicator cursor move several times between most left and most right, as fast as you can.

Thanks a lot. Let me try to see if it works.

Nope! It didn't work!

I did move the cursor to left and right very fast

If it's the mouse I should move, why does it sad mash A and D?

I really donno what to do now. And I really like to see Canada after this!

Dear Elerond

Can you please help?

I DID IT! 

Thanks a lot Elerond :)