The other project?

Since my disinterest in KotOR2 is rather well-known, I dare one of the devs to give me a reason to become more active in this community. What's the other project you hired people to work on?

^_^

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I bet Atari is asking them to make BG3... or Interplay asking them to make Fallout3...

Anyway Interplay is the most stupid company I have never seen, it appears that they have even lost the rights to the BG DA series... lol

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Since my disinterest in KotOR2 is rather well-known, I dare one of the devs to give me a reason to become more active in this community. What's the other project you hired people to work on?

^_^

actually, last I heard, VERY few people are attached to that project as of now. I'd expect it to kick in to full gear near the end of the summer (7-6 months form KOTOR release)

EDIT: It is NOT FO3, trust me

Oh, I know it's not FO3. I suppose it could be BG3 (non-TBH-related), but I'm hoping for a new IP. And nothing like TORN, please.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

EDIT: It is NOT FO3, trust me

I hate inside informants :p

the best part 'bout folks who suggest they gots inside info, is their reactions when confronting them with their own statements weeks or months after the fact, when it becomes evident that they didn't know near as much as they thought they did.

is petty? sure it is, but the folks who act like they gots some sorta special knowledge is kinda asking for it, ain't they?

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. if you wants inside info, just shmooze some developer... those guys is generally pretty excited 'bout their jobs, and they not need much coaxing to spill stuff.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I did think Gore would win the election so...

Technically, you're right. He did get the most votes, but thats a story for the WoT forum :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Here's hoping for something new and original. I hope Obsidian comes up with some great series of it's own rather than purely warming up other company's leftovers.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I personally would also prefer something completely original.

For Obsidian as a company, the decision about their next game will depend alot on how succesful they expect KotOR2 to be, I guess. If KotOR2 is a success, and seen as one as the result of Obsidian's efforts (not simply because it's a sequal to KotOR1), Obsidian might be able to take the risk and go with something original for their next game.

Also depends on how much pull Fergie has among publishers. :p

Well, I can understand why they would do hand-me-downs (which KotOR 2 technically is for that matter) if they can put out a few good games using estabilished "names" and settings, that could give them some serious credability. Which is a valuable thing.

Oh, I agree. While I may want an original game, I also fully understand the reasons for jumping at the chance to make a game like KOTOR2.

It actually makes me happy. I mostly enjoyed KOTOR, so I'll probably mostly enjoy KOTOR2. And in the process of playing a game I like I'll probably be helping get a cool original new game out of them. Hopefully it will be a win-win situation.