Recruiting Goth Kids Problem/Bug

Neko

Question

I am currently stuck on the objective "You've taken a picture that proves you're a non-conformist. Bring it back to the goths" under the Quest titled "Nonconformist". It is incomplete, indicated by the exclamation point beside it as opposed to a check mark. I just returned from the Taco Bell and completed the Quest for Randy, titled "PTA Problems". I skipped the cutscene that triggered when I gave Randy the recording device, and he didn't take the picture for me. When I talk to him he just says the same NPC line over and over.

I cannot progress unless he takes the picture. I'm assuming because I skipped the cut scene, it also skipped Randy taking the picture. I know for a fact he hasn't taken it because in the Home tab, he hasn't sent it to me. So this is a bug report. But also, I need help. Besides figuring out how to fix this bug, the only other option I know of is restarting with a new game. I REALLY don't want to do that. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this bug I would be extremely grateful.

5 answers to this question

Make sure you are wearing the full goth outfit or the goth kids won't talk to you. I usually put some real armor on for when I go to do the PTA mission and then to fight the nazi zombies but you have to put the goth outfit back on before the goth kids will acknowledge that you have the picture and you can continue with the mission.

1zq6793.jpg

Is it possible to go back to an earlier autosave?

I think the game does 3 auto saves that it saves over in succession, so provided you have one that is prior to talking to Randy, you might be able to pick up at that point (if you did a lot of running around, however, it may have saved over all your post Randy conversations).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Are you sure you're wearing all of the Goth pieces? I was wearing them to start the mission, and then changed thinking I didn't need them anymore, but when I got back to the Goth kids, it wouldn't let me talk to them. Just make sure you're wearing all of the pieces, and none are missing.

100% positive I'm wearing all the goth pieces I can. I just restarted from the beginning, twice now. Randy won't even give me the quest "PTA Problems" at this point. I uninstalled and reinstalled after the first complete restart failed, and still, the same bug. Repeated the same content three times in a row and got the same result, and my recorded game time is 20 hours. 20 hours wasted. I'm just about burned out, I have maybe one more go and then I'm calling it quits. I'll wait until a solution is proposed.

Edited by Neko