282 members have voted

1. 1. What race will you play as?

• Human
    • Elf
    • Dwarf
    • Godlike
    • Orlan
    • Aumaua

I always tend to play a human rogue in my first play throughs in games like these.

I could get behind an Aumaua like this though:

-image-

Totally forgot about that character! He's basically an Aumaua ninja, haha. Never thought of that.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Probably male human Death Godlike for my first serious playthrough, unless something else catches my eye between now and then. During beta I'll try everything out but I'll gravitate towards Orlan and Godlike characters. Maybe Aumaua, too. 

I don't think I've ever played human in a game where you're allowed to choose other races. 

I'm undecided at this time. I typically go with a human, but a godlike could be a fun variation on that (even though god-like aren't necessarily a human sub-race, as they were in DnD).

I rarely play shorties, so Orlan probably won't be my choice. But the Aumaua is a possibility.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Aumaua protagonist and one Godlike ally.
The Godlike are just too fascinating to pass on.
And the Aumaua... well, it's the first time that a "brute" race really attracts me. So I want to try them out.
Maybe it's because they remind me of the fish-men in One Piece...

The racial stat bonuses cause me to change my vote. I really don't like that. never  been a fan of racial stat modifiers.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.