282 members have voted

1. 1. What race will you play as?

• Human
    • Elf
    • Dwarf
    • Godlike
    • Orlan
    • Aumaua

Just your standard "what x will you play as?" topic where no one reads the posts as you're only here for the poll. Doesn't make for interesting conversation but someone had to do it.

I'll probably be rolling aumaua as I usually prefer to play as one of the 'unique'/non-standard races and I thought the aumaua portrait in this week's update looked pretty cool.

All of the above, at some point.

First playthrough going Druid, but still deciding between Orlan and Human

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I will check the stats of the races first, but if it's no matter, I'll pick human, maybe godlike.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

First... as always, human. 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

All eventually, priority is human, orlan, godlike, not necessarily in that order.  Dwarf too, since they don't get noticed so much these days despite being awesome.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I never liked playing as non-humanoid races, so I don't know if I'll ever play a Godlike, orlan or an aumaua

But the Godlike are humanoid. In fact, I think all the races are humanoid. Even if you meant "very, very human-like," I believe the Godlike are variants of any race, like a sub-race. So, you could make a Human Godlike. Just for what that's worth (you're still free to wish to not do that.)

If I understand correctly, godlike get a bonus to dex, and since I always play a speedy stabber or boxer I'll likely go that rout. I do hope you can be a short godlike being though.

I don't know that DEX, in this game, actually affects attack speed. I think just your base weapon speed, plus your armor detriment (heavier armor = slower action speed), plus maybe some bonuses from things like talents, skills, or specializations? That's your attack speed, that we know of.

As far as I know, DEX will only grant you increased accuracy (and, consequently, fewer misses and grazes and more hits and criticals, overall.)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I voted elf, because that is likely what I'll have as my first main character, but I expect that I'll play them all eventually in one form or another (be it as more characters in that party, or as later main characters). Of course, that's also just what I'm thinking is most likely right now -- I might have a different idea by the time the game actually comes out and I'm playing it.

knightofchaoss.jpg