282 members have voted

1. 1. What race will you play as?

• Human
    • Elf
    • Dwarf
    • Godlike
    • Orlan
    • Aumaua

^ I feel ya, Faerunner. Obviously, we'll have to start a new game with every single race, all at the start, then play each one for approximately 15 minutes at a time. Do a quest with Class A, save, load Class B and do the same quest, on until Class Omega, then progress further with Class A, rinse, and repeat. 8)

Totally doing it...

Indeed, though I'm not sure I can play the entire game "roulette style," switching between characters of different races every fifteen minutes. It'll get confusing very quickly. I'll probably play the starting area with a character from each race at least once, and whichever one "speaks to me" most, I'll play through the game with that character. Then I'll play again with a character of another race and try taking different companions and quest choices, then another, etc.

I also hope NPC reactions are different enough with characters of every race to make it all the more interesting. ^^

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Probably Aumaua for my first character.  After that, I'm open to playing anything, other than elf.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

@Faerunner:

I was mostly being silly. Although, the class/race choices are all so interesting, I kind of almost want to really do it roulette-style, haha. I probably really won't, though. I'll just replay the game a lot.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Probably a human of the Vailian Republics for my first run, because they sound fun with their culture's emphasis on wit and intelligence -- and being, IIRC, technologically advanced, they're likely to have what's needed to support the gun-toting ranger I'm aiming to play.

Aspiring author, beer connoisseur, and general purpose wiseguy

@Faerunner:

I was mostly being silly. Although, the class/race choices are all so interesting, I kind of almost want to really do it roulette-style, haha. I probably really won't, though. I'll just replay the game a lot.

Oh, I'm sorry. I missed the tongue-in-cheek aspect of your post. I agree 100% though. It'll be so hard to choose. The only thing I know for certain is I'll play the "rural" version of each race. A wild orlan, a wood elf, a boreal dwarf, etc. The less urban, the better.

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

^ No worries. It started as a total joke, but then, halfway through, I realized "Man... I kind of want to do that...", haha. If I'm ever 100% just joking, I try to make it obvious. But, since it wasn't completely a preposterous idea, I stopped myself short on making it blatant. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Probably a human of the Vailian Republics for my first run, because they sound fun with their culture's emphasis on wit and intelligence -- and being, IIRC, technologically advanced, they're likely to have what's needed to support the gun-toting ranger I'm aiming to play.

The more that I think about it, the more interested I am in seeing how culture works as opposed to race.

If possible, my first character is also going to be from the Vailian Republics. I like the Renaissance Italy aesthetic.

Human and/or Elf.

I always prefer my main to be of the 'pretty-to-the-eyes' races.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

the thought o' playing a character that is "godlike" sets our teeth on edge. all others is possible.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 2 months later...

I'll be playing as human, at least for the first play-through.  I love being immersed in games and to experience that fully I feel I need to try and represent myself in the game, so I almost always play as a human, and base my traits and attributes on what I think are my own if I were in that world.  After a few play-throughs I may create a new character that is mostly human but with variance, but that doesn't happen often.

Human Druid or Elf Ranger.

After plating Divinity I wish more games will allow you to create two characters. Not necessarily for role playing, but just so I can create two complimentary characters right from the start. I think it encourages you to be unique with unusual builds when you can build a second character designed to compliment their strengths and cover for their weaknesses.

I usually make an Elven Fighter/Thief or Ranger on first playthroughs, so I reckon I'll roll with an Elven Ranger in PoE. After that, all the classes and races will in due time get their turn, no doubt about it.

Despite all my jokes about playing a Big Head Mode Godlike I will more than likely play a boring ass Human.  I am sort of an anti fantasy player that likes fantasy.  My favorite type of character to play as is the gritty in the trenches dude who fights up close in melee and perseveres through skill, luck, and daring.... not my standing 20 feet off and throwing a lightning bolt or going "lol plot armor you cant damage me through my magic protections".