Multiple Saved Games

AugmentedFire

Question

This is desperately needed. I currently have a Thief with most of my side-quests done, and all of my Chinpokomon collectibles. I want to start a new game so that I can grab the last few achievements I need like "Re-buttal," and acquiring all of the friends (I think I missed talking to Clyde at the beginning, because I was trying to rush through the main story).

Is there really no way to save another game without overwriting my current progress?

Edited by AugmentedFire

3 answers to this question

Yea! What you do is you load up your current game and make a manual save. You can do this by opening the menu, and selecting "Save Game". Then, you just have to start a new game. Your checkpoint saves will be overwritten, but the manual save you made will still be there. The save files are located here: 'C:\Users\you\Documents\My Games\South Park - The Stick of Truth\save'.

Yea! What you do is you load up your current game and make a manual save. You can do this by opening the menu, and selecting "Save Game". Then, you just have to start a new game. Your checkpoint saves will be overwritten, but the manual save you made will still be there. The save files are located here: 'C:\Users\you\Documents\My Games\South Park - The Stick of Truth\save'.

I'm on Xbox. =/

The Xbox is the same as the PC when it comes to saving in this game, except where the save games are located on your storage devices. Just do a New Save in the Save Game menu. That will give your new character his own save game file. Make sure you do the same thing for your old character to make sure your new character doesn't overwrite him permanently.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.