Armored Warfare - Obsidian User Thread

C2B

AKA "Monty's MMO adventure - Romance Must Die Edition"! :biggrin:

Courtesy of joke: ManifestedISO and Humanoid.

There was a time
When all on my mind was love
Now I find that most of the time
Love's not enough in itself

P.S. I'd totally try this game out. It looks like total mayhem, and being exposed in it as a single tank could be entertaining and most definitely fatal.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I could never get into WoT because of how arcadey it looked. but I liked rolling in tanks in Battlefield 3. if this is more like the latter, I'll be all over it

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Can't say I ain't a bit disappointed. I was hoping the announcement to be at least something to speculate and have an eye out for. Oh well...

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Since it's free... well, obviously one can easily check it out.

But, like most MMO's... I forsee a short life-span and a waste in an already filled to the brink and 3x over it market...

Why do we need 1 billion MMO's again?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

OE caused Ukrain to sell their MMO.

That's marketing! Who says Paradox does nothing for them? :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Why do we need 1 billion MMO's again?

Because the next attempt will finally produce the WoW-killer. Like, totally, guys.

Also, I'm sure there's a market study there somewhere that shows microtransactions to be the ultimate nickle-and-dime scheme.

I'm... ambivalent on this one. I have no interest whatsoever in a WoT clone, but if the scenario structure and strategic elements are expanded, I may change my mind.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I could never get into WoT because of how arcadey it looked. but I liked rolling in tanks in Battlefield 3. if this is more like the latter, I'll be all over it

Playing Steel Beasts this game seems to have precious little to offer to me beyond a more diverse selection of playable steeds. One of the things that form of game doesn't quite get down right is how a vehicle interacts in a combined arms environment as compared to Steel Beasts or DCS. For instance, the tank as a fighting platform did not come into its own until the problem of tactical mobility for the supporting infantry was resolved, embodied by the success of the Panzergrenadier concept of the Second World War. Will the game for instance model mechanised infantry dismounting from IFVs to secure an objective? If not then it's a serious misrepresentation of modern mechanised war of maneuver.

Which isn't to say there's no place in the market for it, far from it insomuch as there are the Ace Combats of gaming to the Falcon 4.0s or the Warthunders to Il-2 Sturmovik.

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Gotta say I'm disappointed, hopefully not that many people are working on this and there's an actual CRPG in the making that we haven't heard of yet...

There probably are, but if anything they more or less just started. Also you can see it this way, the reason Pillars can have as many specialized Obsidian rpg devs is because there is no other project that would gravly need them.

Also, you'd be surprised how many Obs and ex-Obs devs actually worked on MMO's. :biggrin:

Well might be fun.  Maybe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's weird how I can enjoy running around a game firing gunz and tossing grenades, but somehow mayhem with tanks and planes and all of that interests me not at all. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They nailed the mandatory 412 different shades of brown and it even looks like they threw some green in there for highlights.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They nailed the mandatory 412 different shades of brown and it even looks like they threw some green in there for highlights.

:lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If this is anything like their Skyforge deal, than it is a low risk project for Obsidian that helps keep the money flowing in.  Nothing to really be worried about.  It's a bit odd to think what their role is in this though.

• Like 2

If this is anything like their Skyforge deal, than it is a low risk project for Obsidian that helps keep the money flowing in.  Nothing to really be worried about.  It's a bit odd to think what their role is in this though.

They're the developer. This is their other big game announcement.

Disappointed like most everyone else. At least around here. I hope it's good, though, and helps bring in money to the studio. I just don't see it strengthening the brand. But it may help them expand the brand for more opportunities in the future.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."