The Walking Dead

Arkan

This isn't about the show in general, but the opening of the most recent episode. It opened with "Maybe" by The Inkspots and really had a Fallout-y vibe to it.

The episode itself was also crazy as balls.

• Like 2

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

One good episode per season doesn't save this boat from sinking though. I lost interest in this show halfway through season two. Now it just drags and drags, none of the characters are capable of the most basic logic thinking, they don't try to reach a safer place (north), they can't use the sights of their firearms, one of the main  characters weapon (crossbow) doesn't even have sights equipped yet he makes head shots all the time. Characters camp and move around in the woods where they are easy pray for walkers and so forth...  

I could fill a book with the illogical things happening in that show, and it gets worse every season. 

I'm not going to tell you how much more awesome GoT is, but it really is much better. Which is funny since TWD is way more popular than GoT and thus they should have much more budget. Budget to hire a weapons advisor for example, or cash for better CGI. Oh, and better writers too, yes, that would be money well spent. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I love Game of Thrones, too.

What is it, two weeks away?

• Like 1

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The episodes since the break was over have been boring as heck, I agree.

They should bring the band back together, instead of take an entire episode for 2 people... which really drags on...

Or maybe that's just me, have been having it longer than that that I fell asleep watching the series with my gf...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I like the solo/chr. building/story episodes, but they do tend to drag them out too long. TWD is definitely very uneven but I still like it overall, so I still tune in even as sometimes I'm rolling my eyes.

GoT is the one that got boring to me, fast. Not my style at all. Well, except for Peter Dinklage as Tyrion. He was awesome.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Another big mistake is that they got rid of Shane and Andrea (Sane Andrea before Woodbury), they were dynamic characters that brought life into the group and story. Now Daryl is Ricks yes-man, Glenn has totally changed into Maggies lapdog, the others feel like supporting characters with very little development. Well, except Carol.
I hope they'll soon introduce some more interesting characters.

Is Abe going to stick?

GoT is the one that got boring to me, fast. Not my style at all. Well, except for Peter Dinklage as Tyrion. He was awesome.

Each to their own, but I couldn't find anything boring about GoT if my life depended on it.  :blink:

What is it, two weeks away?

April 6th.   :dancing:  :aiee:  :wowey:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

Which is funny since TWD is way more popular than GoT.

On IMDB alone GoT has more than twice as many votes and a much higher score.. GoT is widely popular and loved while TWD is hooking the zombie crowd, who are loosing interest fast.

Otherwise I agree, I watch every episode I can, but I always just end up groaning and fast forwarding through the stupid.. which is basically 80-90% now.

The comic however is all kinds of awesome.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

GoT is a subscription-cable HBO series, which probably makes its (original air) viewings less than TWD simply for access reasons. I don't think I'd take it as TWD actually being more "popular" than GoT. Not that I'm a ratings expert.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@ Ros

I've heard TWD is more popular because its on cable, but since I'm not from the US I have to believe what I'm told. *shrugs*

*EDIT* Thats what I meant, LC. 

Edited by Woldan

HBO typically costs an extra $18-$20 a month. Sometimes if you haven't had it in a while they'll give you one of those "$10 for first year" deals. But considering cable (with AMC access) usually runs $60-100+ a month (depends on area, company, package, HD or not etc), plus any on-demand rentals you may also accrue, many don't want to pay the extra for stuff like HBO/Showtime/Starz, especially these days.

This isn't about the show in general, but the opening of the most recent episode. It opened with "Maybe" by The Inkspots and really had a Fallout-y vibe to it.

Yep, my first thought on seeing it and so much so that I really doubt it was coincidence. Apparently it was mentioned on the Talking Dead post ep show as well, but we don't get that here.

And whatever else can be said about TWD it didn't duck in that episode.

Not often you'll get one child murdering another child then being executed for it by her (effective) mother at 9.30pm on broadcast TV here in NZ.

I read the comic for a while then ditched the show. Zombies just don't do it for me.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I read the comic for a while then ditched the show. Zombies just don't do it for me.

Kaine do you get scared when you watch shows with Zombies? Do you think Zombies are real so you prefer not to watch a series  like TWD because you feel its tempting fate?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Kaine do you get scared when you watch shows with Zombies? Do you think Zombies are real so you prefer not to watch a series  like TWD because you feel its tempting fate?

No on both counts.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No on both counts.

Okay, because you know there is nothing wrong with admitting you are scared about something. Thats one of the advantages of this new equality movement,  its okay for men to show emotion. Men can cry and men can say " I'm scared about xx or yyy". This doesn't  diminish your role in society :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce, are you on something?

Not often you'll get one child murdering another child then being executed for it by her (effective) mother at 9.30pm on broadcast TV here in NZ.

True, but until that point the episode was just a snooze-fest...

Opposite KOTOR2-syndrome.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Bruce, are you on something?

Wow for someone who likes making jokes you don't have much of a sense of humour....I was joking KP....I don't think you can be scared of Zombies in RL because they don't exist , I know you know this, therefore everything after that is just me having some fun (I'm funny hey KP :lol: )

John Milton 

I just watched it. It definitely had a creepy vibe to it, especially the way Lizzie kept looking at Judith. At the last 5 minutes I just sat there thinking "F--k!" Kudos to the producers & writer for not flinching away from the awful though.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The writing wasn't great, but the overall concept worked. It was quite ham-fisted, but it still worked, to their credit. It was really about Carol and Tyreese, anyway.

Just dropped dead weight, in the end. Moderately interesting dead weight in the form of Lizzie, but dead weight nonetheless. Ignoring the fact that Judy should be dead. Not to mention a certain. Special. Someone.

Edited by AGX-17

I didn't find it surprising, because I was familiar with the comics up to a certain point. There's a similar plotline in them and it was easy to see that's where they were going in the TV series. But it was nice they didn't wimp out at the end and they did it very well ... it might have been cool if they'd switched it around, but at the same time I suppose that wouldn't have had the same shock value for most.

The comic is awesome. The show is getting to the point that I can't watch it every week now. I'll just get all the episodes and watch it in one go. I still can't get over how they turn an awesome comic book into a bad TV show. Even characters like Andrea who is still alive in the comic and is a great character, was awful in the show.