Graphical Settings

Hey guys, it's my first post and topic on here, so here we go.

I was wondering when a game gets developed there is an immediate urgency to make a game playable for the lowest common denominator, and granted that's the right thing to do since that's where the money is. But speaking for people with beefy rigs I hope there is some fun stuff built into the settings as well, like uncompressed textures and even super sampling, all the crazy stuff should be built in so there wont be any need for custom profiles.

Anyway, maybe this has already been taken up and beaten to death, but if not I would love to know what kind of statement, if any the team has done in response to this. 

Uncompressed textures would make the game download size prohibitive. Anti-aliasing would be pointless for the environments since they are pre-rendered (the pre-render will have already taken care of that), but for the characters which are rendered in real-time, that would be a good idea.

Anyway, if you're looking for a game to challenge your brand new Titan Z, PoE is not it :p

Hey guys, it's my first post and topic on here, so here we go.

I was wondering when a game gets developed there is an immediate urgency to make a game playable for the lowest common denominator, and granted that's the right thing to do since that's where the money is. But speaking for people with beefy rigs I hope there is some fun stuff built into the settings as well, like uncompressed textures and even super sampling, all the crazy stuff should be built in so there wont be any need for custom profiles.

Anyway, maybe this has already been taken up and beaten to death, but if not I would love to know what kind of statement, if any the team has done in response to this.

What part of hearkening back to the golden age of CRPGs made you expect "cutting edge graphics to justify the $1k I dropped on that Titan Black"?

IIRC, Josh Sawyer once mentioned in an update (or in an interview—can't remember) that even though they're trying to support older machines as much as possible, and PoE won't certainly rank among the most graphics-intensive games out there, there will be eye-candy to enable via graphic options for users with higher-end machines.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I just hoe to be able to adjust the resolution settings easily. I got BG2:EE and had to go through alot of BS to change my settings.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Graphics... 

They already looks amazing.

I just hope some cool effects for spells and other light ambiance... 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★