What are you playing now

Finished the Walking Dead season 1. SPOILER SPOILER I was sorry to see Lee go, he was such a likable main character. SPOILER

I'm somewhat lost interest in pursuing the series further at this point because of that. 

Bioware should take note of how to write good dialog. Unlike ME when I picked a choice I could count on the character to say something appropriate. And there was always a response I could see myself making in a situation.

That said, more then a few of the situations were contrived, but I guess the drama has to come from somewhere. Overall, its easily better than the (agonizingly boring) TV show and I enjoyed it a lot most of the time.

I thoroughly enjoyed season 1, it was easily the most emotional game I have ever played and the ending brought me to tears. It amazed me that a game could have such an impact on me

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It had an impact on me as well, there were a few quite emotional moments.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Tsk, I thought you were made of sterner stuff than that, DE. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was weeping for the bullets wasted on NPC's I don't like.

:biggrin:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well ok that's alright, was going to think you were getting weepy over a game!   

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Malc have you ever cried watching a movie before?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

started yutzing and putzing around in Champions Online... doesn't scratch my Itch to play an EM/EA brute/scrapper in City of Heroes though.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

started yutzing and putzing around in Champions Online... doesn't scratch my Itch to play an EM/EA brute/scrapper in City of Heroes though.

If you need company/help/whatever give me a shout and I'll log in.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Guest Slinky

grinanimated.gif

Never. Closest I've come is being incredibly depressed watching Stalingrad, but that movie just dog piles on you. Likewise with When the Wind Blows, the sadness just evaporates when you realize the manipulation at hand.

Played a little Dark Souls 2 yesterday. Made it through 4 or so bosses that were giving me trouble. And now I'm not sure where to go next except down the hole.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest Slinky

That's Charlton Heston and Charlton Heston does not cry.

Except maybe a little when he accidentally travels to future and finds out apes are running the planet. Which is a little weird since it doesn't really change anything.

If you don't cry during the Lion King... you have no soul.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

There was something sad in the Lion King ? :p

Playing Baldur's Gate. Had fun with it though I do find myself getting bored with it, and it's around the same time where the boredom usually sets in for me. Right before heading into the Cloakwood mines. Guess we'll see if I can keep my interest going this time around. I can barely remember playing through Baldur's Gate (the city I mean) since I always quit around this time.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Playing Baldur's Gate. Had fun with it though I do find myself getting bored with it, and it's around the same time where the boredom usually sets in for me. Right before heading into the Cloakwood mines. Guess we'll see if I can keep my interest going this time around. I can barely remember playing through Baldur's Gate (the city I mean) since I always quit around this time.

Yes, I've always found that BG1 drags on a bit through the Cloakwood portion, especially if you spend the time to clear some of the optional wilderness areas.  The last time I replayed it, I really rushed to the City as quickly as I could, which helped-- I could space out the "compulsively mowing the fog-of-war off this unimportant wilderness map" so that it isn't all concentrated at the start of the game.

I've done some mucking about in CK2 lately, but it's fairly half-hearted.  Gaming time is tough to come by with an infant in the house, and CK2 really requires some longer-attention-span playtimes to really get those satisfying "3-generation plan that finally comes together" moments.  I'm considering grabbing M&M X to scratch the Old-Skool CRPG itch I'm starting to feel in my fingers.  (M&M I was the very first CRPG I played.) 

Finished my speed run of Final Fantasy X HD Remix... Though I dunno if 40+ hours do count as a speed run :p I wanted just to get all Al Bhed Primers so I can enjoy my go for Platinum run in near future on Expert Grid with all the fluff...

And speaking about emotions in games, first time I have seen the ending scene 7 years ago it made me drop a tear or two, and now even knowing how the game will end up, I was unable to hold the two tears again :(

Meanwhile playing the hell out of Gran Turismo 6 seasonal challenges and little bit of Star Ocean 4 Battle Trophy grinding.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I wanted to play more Guacamelee! today, but I did my thumb in yesterday playing those intense platforming sections and didn't want to get a blister, so I played some Expeditions: Conquistador instead.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Setup a new game of Dominion 4. Very large map with 27 AIs.

Playing as Asphodel - dryads, centaurs etc gone mad and turned to necromancy.

Went silly with my Pretender God. Chose the Mother of Monsters base body, so she'll give random birth to monsters. That is once she breaks free from wherever the previous pantocrator God had imprisoned her.

Domain of death, misfortune and drain is currently wreaking havoc with my economy, but if I manage to spread it to my neighbours they will be worse of that I, since in my provinces the unrest, murder on the streets and countless accidents just increase the bodycount that gets returned as undead carrion.

Will be interesting to see how far I can get with this game. Just need to remember not to overextend.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I gotta say, Expeditions: Conquistador is a rather frustrating game.  There's a lot to like.  I love the premise, the combat is decent, the choices and non-combat skills are fairly well done.  However, the game is bogged down by a lot of mechanics that I guess are there to increase challenge and add depth and realism, but, in practice, what they achieve, more than anything else, is adding a lot of tedium to the game.  I guess what I'm saying is, the game has fun moments, but overall, it's a chore to play, which is a shame.  I'm generally against streamlining, as it usually boils down to dumbing down, but this is one game that could have greatly benefited from streamlining.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks