What are you playing now

Its a really really good casual RPG. I played 10 hours straight yesterday and I enjoyed every minute of it. The combat isn't my cup of tea but it serves the game well.

The quests are standard fetch and scavenger hunt fare, but since the city is so much fun to explore it doesn't really matter.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I loved South Park: Stick of Truth, but after one playthrough (that didn't take very long) there was nothing left to do. Great game, too bad about the lack of extraneous content.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not playing, but longingly watching LPs of Star Wars: TIE Fighter and recalling days of yore flying TIE Interceptors against X-Wings and Z-95 Headhunters ("Shields double forwards? Wot's dat?"), and praying that this is the year GOG finally does a re-release of it.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I loved South Park: Stick of Truth, but after one playthrough (that didn't take very long) there was nothing left to do. Great game, too bad about the lack of extraneous content.

Yeah, I see that I won't be playing the game twice

Yeah, I see that I won't be playing the game twice

I haven't bought the game yet but If it's like the show I'd probably come back to it in a few years and enjoy it all over again.

Guest Slinky

Not playing, but longingly watching LPs of Star Wars: TIE Fighter and recalling days of yore flying TIE Interceptors against X-Wings and Z-95 Headhunters ("Shields double forwards? Wot's dat?"), and praying that this is the year GOG finally does a re-release of it.

Every time someone mentiones TIE Fighter I recall the days of flying TIE Bombers against A-Wings... just a thought hurts my wrist :p

Would by it from GOG in an instant too, but they haven't had much luck with lucasarts games yet. I doubt the Disney deal helps much either.

The sad thing from hanging around the Original Sin forums are the many people asking questmarkers, options to saveguard them when they skip all conversations, and general handholding and reducing of diffculty (FYI; The game is easy at the moment).

I hope they wont give in... and I fear for the time PoE draws near and maybe goes early access and the same stuff happens here. I'm sure the local residents here will tell them whatsfor XD.

It's still so sad to see people asking for such stuff while this is a major step back (read: up).

And aside from that, I just bought Goodbye Deponia in the current Steam Sale, so I'm playing that too.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

For those who care about such thngs:

The Wolf Among Us episode 3.

Episode 1 was great. It really worked well with the way Telltale structure their "games" and tell their stories. Even the QTEs made sense. As far as choices go, they even seemed to have important outcomes.

Episode 2 was then a complete and utter letdown. Things were resolved too quickly. The story just leaped ahead, robbing it of all the build up from the previous episode. Worse, it was linear, without any real "choice", instead having a silly fanservice appearance of Jack.

Episode 3 redeems it. There are choices once more. "Consequences" from the first episode... of course none from the second (but how could there, it was a waste of time filler episode). It has interesting characters. The small guest appearances of eisting Fables characters work. The only thing that is rather ridiculous are the QTEs. QTEs that are scripted for you to fail. I understand what they are trying to do. I have no clue how else they could do it with the way they have set up "gameplay"  , but the QTEs are really the low point of the episode. Still, great to see them pull together after episode 2 and bring out something worth people's time.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

After I finish with the Walking Dead I'll try that next.

I tried a few hours of Bioshock Infinite. Once you get over how pretty the graphics are the game is rather flawed. Its dead easy (I was playing on hard), the enemy AI is abysmal, its very linear and the shooting is somewhat boring.  The satire is a bit too "in your face" as well. I would have played more of it but the game now crashes every time I open it, even though it worked perfectly yesterday. It gets to the autosaving part just before it opens the main menu... and dies.

Still going through the Stick of Truth. I still have a high opinion on the game, its probably the most polished product Obsidian ever made, but the setting is wearing me down a bit. I enjoy the show on occasion but the toilet humor and general vulgarity are a bit too much at times.

I've been playing Torchlight 2 recently, and I started going for the achievements. One of them seems pretty simple: "wear a completed armor set". But it's not simple. And it's a problem I've had in every game with armor sets ever.

I get the first piece of a set that seems cool. I'm level 25. Then I find another piece of the set.. and I'm level 40 and the first piece is obsolete for my level. Most sets have like 5-9 pieces. I'd probably be level 100 before I fuond the last piece.

And so it goes for every set I've ever tried completing. How do you guys do it? 

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've been playing Torchlight 2 recently, and I started going for the achievements. One of them seems pretty simple: "wear a completed armor set". But it's not simple. And it's a problem I've had in every game with armor sets ever.

I get the first piece of a set that seems cool. I'm level 25. Then I find another piece of the set.. and I'm level 40 and the first piece is obsolete for my level. Most sets have like 5-9 pieces. I'd probably be level 100 before I fuond the last piece.

And so it goes for every set I've ever tried completing. How do you guys do it? 

I don't.  I guess the standard procedure to building sets in loot em ups is figuring out which boss or champion drops the piece(s) you're looking for then grinding said boss or champion until you get the complete set.  Similar to what people do in MMOs.  I, personally, can't bring myself to do that, hence I almost never get complete sets in loot em ups as I just play through the game as if it was a standard RPG and whatever drops I get is whatever drops I get and that's that.

An alternative/complimentary method to getting complete sets is to dump set pieces in your shared stash and eventually getting all the pieces after having played several characters.  This, obviously, will only work if you intend to run through the game many times with many characters.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Decided to boot up Surgeon Simulator 2013 I got at the humble indie pack.

WORST. GAME. EVER.

I didn't think it was possible to feel ripped off playing a game paying 1 dollar... but it is!

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

There were some seriously intense platforming sections going up the Tule Tree in Guacamelee!  A few of the sections took me about ten times, but I made it all the way up and got all the extra goodies along the way.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Trying to enjoy Honest Hearts but I'm getting lots of crashes, having really bad luck in general with crashes this time around :(

WORST. GAME. EVER.

I didn't think it was possible to feel ripped off playing a game paying 1 dollar... but it is!

I think the only people to get good value from that game are youtubers, watching people try it was pretty amusing.

I genuinely enjoyed Surgeon Simulator 2013 and am disappointed that there's been no news of Surgeon Simulator 2014.

Back in the 90s, Maxis tried to (somewhat pretentiously perhaps) market their products as 'software toys' instead of games. I reckon Surgeon Simulator would fit the label pretty well. It's shallow in terms of what you can accomplish, yes, but the fun element of it I would compare to playing with a Transformer toy - there's just some wonderfully childlike delight in just manipulating simple tools.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

WORST. GAME. EVER.

SS is a great game if you just want to putz around.

I'm currently debating pre-ordering Garden Warfare (yes, yes, you never pre-order standard editions), buying Blackguards, or buying Dragon Commander. My WonderCon funds must hold! I keep saying Dragon Commander and Blackguards are research, but.... yeah....

Played through Alpha Protocol as a homicidal maniac. Astounded by how different things were again. Restarted immediately after finishing.

Cone to go?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Smugglers 5, not sure what to make of it. I was caught with contraband, and was forced to destroy 5 government ships. Unfortunately that means I can no longer land anywhere but at pirate bases, where for some reason you can't sell contraband there. So stuck with a cargo hold full of contraband with nowhere to sell it. And now have to wait 273 days until the criminal flag disappears.....?

And yet I can't deny I'm going to play the crap out of this game.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Smugglers 5, not sure what to make of it. I was caught with contraband, and was forced to destroy 5 government ships. Unfortunately that means I can no longer land anywhere but at pirate bases, where for some reason you can't sell contraband there. So stuck with a cargo hold full of contraband with nowhere to sell it. And now have to wait 273 days until the criminal flag disappears.....?

And yet I can't deny I'm going to play the crap out of this game.

This is because you are playing the Australian version of the game and its much more restrictive and critical  around your players actions

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Played through Alpha Protocol as a homicidal maniac. Astounded by how different things were again. Restarted immediately after finishing.

Cone to go?

I hear the Adirondacks are beautiful this time of the year.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Cone to go?

I hear the Adirondacks are beautiful this time of the year.

I really wanted to post Steven Heck's e-mail about a minotaur telling him Mike's middle name is Finnegan, but I cba to look for it right now. That one's sheer genius.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Playing GTA 4 with IceHancer, everything is pretty shiny.  Shame about the red sky bug and the cinematics being overly bright.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm currently debating pre-ordering Garden Warfare (yes, yes, you never pre-order standard editions), buying Blackguards, or buying Dragon Commander. My WonderCon funds must hold! I keep saying Dragon Commander and Blackguards are research, but.... yeah....

I've only played DC, so I can tell you a bit about it. It's very fun as long as you avoid the RTS (shame that's the only place for being an awesome dragon) and just play it Risk-like. But yeah, obviously nowhere near as good as actual games that focus on that, the political part is definitely the best, but slightly hammered by how gameplay and choice don't really match.

If only they dropped the RTS part, everything else could have been so much better.

Actually, skip DC, go for Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga ;)

---------

I've just finished Goodbye Deponia. Went to the Steam forums and read some reviews... and holy ****... people REALLY dislike if a game doesn't have a better sweet totally same as all other games ending. Comparing it to Mass Effect 3's ending? People have no idea what distills a good or bad ending, do they?

Although it's sad the trilogy is over, and it's quite the sad ending leaving you a little 'it's over? :(' it does do it's proper work as ending, and is a fine end.

The game itself was also quite fun (still can't beat Day of the Tentacle 3-character gameplay in an adventure it seems), even if some jokes were a bit too much for me.

^

Finished the Walking Dead season 1. SPOILER SPOILER I was sorry to see Lee go, he was such a likable main character. SPOILER

I'm somewhat lost interest in pursuing the series further at this point because of that. 

Bioware should take note of how to write good dialog. Unlike ME when I picked a choice I could count on the character to say something appropriate. And there was always a response I could see myself making in a situation.

That said, more then a few of the situations were contrived, but I guess the drama has to come from somewhere. Overall, its easily better than the (agonizingly boring) TV show and I enjoyed it a lot most of the time.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1