What are you playing now

I had started a campaign to replay all the C&C games, but GDI Mission 11 broke me for a bit :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I played some Age of Wonders III but the story is so boooring, that I stopped after the 4th mission. Maybe I'll come back to it some other time.

I started Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall, but I have not much time (for reasons mentioned below ;) ), so I end up playing for half an hour every now and then.

I really like it though. It has the same strengths and problems as the main game (strong story, linear gameplay). So if you did not like that, you can skip the add on.

Most of my free time goes to Skyrim.

I installed a LOT of mods using the ingenious nexusmodmanager, twiddled with many, many settings and finally found a way to make it a lot more challenging without becoming a brutal hardcore experience (like when you are using Requiem for example, which I tried. It has a lot of cool ideas, but was too hard for me (!) to be fun to play. Others might like it though)

Edit: Oh yeah: And I did not deliver the Dragonstone to Farengar yet! So I can stroll around Skyrim without the enerving, constant dragon attacks! Just magnificent! I love it!

I am about to play Skyrim for the first time and I always use Mods with Bethesda games. What Mods did you use to make it more challenging?

I am aware, that this is basically off topic, so I won't write more than this, while answering your question via a private conversation:

I think anyone who wants to play a modded version of skyrim MUST:

1. Register at the skyrim nexus ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/? ) and get their nexusmodmanager ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/modmanager/? )

2. Visit the Skyrim G.E.M.S. ( http://www.skyrimgems.com/ ), which is a great assortment (?) of the gazillion mods availabel for this game.

• Like 1

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

I'm playing a Skyrim mod that adds a ton of new areas to the game.

It's called Elder Scrolls Online.

Be advised that this mod currently costs $60 up front and another $15/month.  There is a very real chance this mod will be free in the near future.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Be advised that this mod currently costs $60 up front and another $15/month.  There is a very real chance this mod will be free in the near future.

I like you guys, you funny :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm playing Sacred 2.

I'd played it when it first came out and never finished it - guess I wasn't in the mood.

But I'm now in the mood for something that is kind of laid-back.  And Sacred 2 seems to fit that bill; there's something soothing about blowdarting swaths of enemies at a distance before they ever get to you and then wandering around and clearing the fog of war from a map.  And there's a lot of map to cover.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Walking Dead season 1.

I like this game for what it is. I could never enjoy gameplay so streamlined in the long run though. I also feel that some of the situations are contrived.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'd played it when it first came out and never finished it - guess I wasn't in the mood.

For me it was just that as a compeltionist I tried to explore every tiniest corner of the map and do every side quest. And for that the game is just too huge.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

For me it was just that as a compeltionist I tried to explore every tiniest corner of the map and do every side quest. And for that the game is just too huge.

Its possible that I may fall afoul of that, being ocd with fog of war clearing.

But I may just stop playing the game and come back to it later if fatigue sets in as its totally soothing playing in a relaxed atmosphere.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Getting GTA 4 again, might mod it to see how it looks with some of the new graphics mods. I guess Icehancer is the most popular one ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oohh, great idea.. I'll install GTA4 + Icehancer to torture my 290X some more.

Hm ok, don't think my 560ti can hack it then.

The Stick of Truth and I love it so far. The graphics are a major success, its like watching an episode of the show.

• Like 1

Keep dreaming.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm playing Guacamelee!  I like this game a lot.  I'm a big fan of metroidvanias, and while Guacamelee! doesn't reinvent the wheel, it is a very well designed game.  Plus the humor, art style, and amazingly awesome soundtrack add a lot to the experience.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm playing Guacamelee! I like this game a lot. I'm a big fan of metroidvanias, and while Guacamelee! doesn't reinvent the wheel, it is a very well designed game. Plus the humor, art style, and amazingly awesome soundtrack add a lot to the experience.

I completely agree with this game. Excited to play the expanded edition on the PS4 hopefully soon enough.

I'm playing Guacamelee!  I like this game a lot.  I'm a big fan of metroidvanias, and while Guacamelee! doesn't reinvent the wheel, it is a very well designed game.  Plus the humor, art style, and amazingly awesome soundtrack add a lot to the experience.

Some frustrating platforming moments and a couple of difficult boss battles, but I do agree that this game was great.

I like this game for what it is. I could never enjoy gameplay so streamlined in the long run though. I also feel that some of the situations are contrived.

"For what it is"? That strongly implies some sort of unstated corollary like "I like it in terms of **** standards, this is premium fecal matter, as feces go."

Anyway...

Finished B:I Burial at Sea ep. 2. Quite good overall, although it was clear that the connections between it and the original game were just made up on the spot, the idolization of Bioshock's faceless protagonist was just weird. The ending totally clashed with the established paradigm of infinite parallel universes.

I don't think the writers at Irrational ever considered the fact that infinite parallel universes means there are infinite universes in which Booker DeWitt was Father of the Year every year for the entirety of his life.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

It also has negative connotations that suggest it's not a good thing, regardless...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"For what it is"? That strongly implies some sort of unstated corollary like "I like it in terms of **** standards, this is premium fecal matter, as feces go."

Anyway...

Finished B:I Burial at Sea ep. 2. Quite good overall, although it was clear that the connections between it and the original game were just made up on the spot, the idolization of Bioshock's faceless protagonist was just weird. The ending totally clashed with the established paradigm of infinite parallel universes.

I don't think the writers at Irrational ever considered the fact that infinite parallel universes means there are infinite universes in which Booker DeWitt was Father of the Year every year for the entirety of his life.

"For what it is" means that I don't accept it as a game because its not - its an interactive movie masquerading as a game. But its got good characters and it drew me in so I can't slam it for that (too much).

Also, what AGX-17 says it just simply true for it.

Another game stamped 'classic' by the gamingpress that is as horrible as games come. Sad, sad day.

The story should be it's saving point, but the general RPG story are much better, so it couldn't convince me in that part either. Add "magical hobo" and other extreme silly and jarring plot-forwarding mechanics and it's pretty much summed up.

Anyway, still doing Original Sin, clocking around 55 hours (for a gamepart the devs claim takes 20 hours). Sure, that includes some idling, several reloadings to test stuff differently or re-produce stuff, and alt+tabbing out of the game constantly to make a buglist on the background, but damn... I love that number. Proves well for how long it should occupy me once done. And makes me wonder how long I can take with Pillars of Eternity being the ultimate slowpoke XD

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The Stick of Truth and I love it so far. The graphics are a major success, its like watching an episode of the show.

That seems to be the common theme in reviews, how it captures the feeling perfectly like you're participating in an actual episode of the show.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)