What are you playing now

LOTRO still

My Man Burglar is level 59, almost 60, and I'm still having a lot of fun. I like the utility and survivability he has but his damage is kind of low especially considering he has no ranged attacks and no AoE

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Papers, please.

Too morbid for my tastes.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Master Reboot.

It's a first-person puzzle game with a surreal atmosphere. There is also a tiny bit of exploration involved which is fun.  I like it because the whole thing plays/feels like a dream! Definitely worth checking out if you have enjoyed games like Gone Home or The Stanley Parable

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

...I love city-builders. I need moah of them. :(

Same here, I guess I have to make do with Tropico though - haven't looked closely at 5 but here's hoping it's not as boring and facerolly as 3. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A small amount of Shadowrun Dragonfall. I also beat Broken Age over the weekend.

The laptop I'm borrowing is too crappy to run Broken Sword 5 well. Even Dragonfall chugs at times. But it ran Broken Age fantastically once the game was patched. And it runs Banner Saga, too.

Broken Sword 5 is what I'd really rather be playing, though. My heart's not in Dragonfall. Which is kind of good, because it means I spend more time writing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not as much Monaco as I'd like due to spotty co-op time availability, but loving the design of the new missions, it's obvious that a lot more care has been taken with the level design than with the original launch campaigns. I have not, however, replayed the original ones since they were rebalanced late last year. Anyway, five out of eight missions done and desperately wanting more, not a lot of games do that to me.

Really ought to get back to both Dragonfall and Stick of Truth, both shelved about three weeks ago for no good reason. Then there's the flurry of adventure games due this month, triple play with Broken Sword 5.2, Moebius and Tex Murphy.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I was playing Diablo 3 quite a lot for three weeks, dodging work and other things more important. My wife was pretty miffed about it. Maxed out all five characters and made it to Paragon level 24, before I had to pull the plug and forget about it, because it's really hard for me to let go once I begin. It's too entertaining for me to handle. Now I am back to good old Day of Defeat: Source again.

(Signatures: disabled) 

A bit of Diablo 3. Saw so many people playing it I decided to give it a shot, but I don't think it'll be worth it to get the expac.

Kessen 2 because the game could make a really good bad movie.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete for the PS4. Because of awesome.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

More Bioshock Infinite. I'm enjoying it and I think I don't have many more hours to play before I reach the end. Combat is mostly fun (playing on easy like always), and the Vigor powers are entertaining. Story is decent, better than many other FPS games. Visuals and audio are top notch. Game must have cost a fortune, probably why Irrational met their sad fate.

Playing through Fallout 3 with maxed out speech is kind of boring.  For a lot of encounters, I pretty much just talk them into doing whatever it is I want.

Bad guy: "I'm going to kill you!  There's nothing you can say to convince me otherwise because I'm psychotic and don't listen to reason"

Me: [speech 100%] "Whatever you say."

Bad guy: [speech success] "Okay, sounds reasonable.  Here's my caps.  See ya."

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing through Fallout 3 with maxed out speech is kind of boring.  For a lot of encounters, I pretty much just talk them into doing whatever it is I want.

Bad guy: "I'm going to kill you!  There's nothing you can say to convince me otherwise because I'm psychotic and don't listen to reason"

But... but... non-violent play-throughs are the Holy Grail of these forums! What you describe is the quintessence of RPG goodness and true 'choice and consequence.'

Me? I think it's just another talking book-type deal, but heresy belongs in another thread.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Finished Lightning Returns... Hmm I think SE disappointed with this one... I actually liked to play the game most of the time, but problem was I finished all main quests and almost all side quests on day 7 or 8 and killing mobs to summon Last Ones was pretty boring... Dunno... I want to like this game, but I somehow cannot...

Hopefully the new CEO will hold his word to make JRPGs for core audience and Wada's games for broader audience are finished... I just hope that EU will not get screwed over with Digital Only releases while NA gets physical and Collector's Edition like the case with Drakengard 3...

Now started to play FFX trying to finish the main plot only... I do not remember a lot of the story from the day of release. The only problem is that somehow the controls are little bit laggy at PS3 version, almost impossible to dodge lightnings...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Have you installed any mods? Install Marts Mutant Mod if you are looking for encounters with tough enemies. Makes travelling the wasteland a lot less boring.

Edited by Cat Food
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Nearing the end of Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall. I didn't have much to complain about until a mission late in the game. I was leaving the subway station and as soon as I entered the new area, combat was initiated and the enemy had free shots at me. Before I could even do anything, I was hit with nothing but critical hits and my health was in the red zone. That makes no sense to me why a game would do that, even if it is meant as an ambush. I did get through it thanks to med kits, but it was a bit ridicilous because my shaman wasn't with me (story related) at the time. This surprises me a bit, since I think the combat encounters have been decent in this game.

I'm currently playing New Vegas interspersed with "watch the fedex tracking data" waiting for Super Robot Wars Z3: Hell Chapter to arrive from Lantau Island, HK. Will probably still be playing NV ad infinitum regardless.

Edited by AGX-17

Still doing my second run through Might & Magic X and also started up Guacamelee.  The game is worth it for the music alone, but it's also been pretty fun so far.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge

God they knew how to make fun strategy back then

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I completed Bioshock Infinite today. All in all, it took me three sittings. While I did enjoy it, I felt there wasn't a very good variety of enemies. Visual design and audio were top notch. I thought the story was okay, the few times when Irrational decided to tell one. I guess what kept me going were the nice looking environments and seeing what would happen at the end. One of few FPS games I have completed, so I can't compare the overall package with many other games in the genre. 

I played some Age of Wonders III but the story is so boooring, that I stopped after the 4th mission. Maybe I'll come back to it some other time.

I started Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall, but I have not much time (for reasons mentioned below ;) ), so I end up playing for half an hour every now and then.

I really like it though. It has the same strengths and problems as the main game (strong story, linear gameplay). So if you did not like that, you can skip the add on.

Most of my free time goes to Skyrim.

I installed a LOT of mods using the ingenious nexusmodmanager, twiddled with many, many settings and finally found a way to make it a lot more challenging without becoming a brutal hardcore experience (like when you are using Requiem for example, which I tried. It has a lot of cool ideas, but was too hard for me (!) to be fun to play. Others might like it though)

Edit: Oh yeah: And I did not deliver the Dragonstone to Farengar yet! So I can stroll around Skyrim without the enerving, constant dragon attacks! Just magnificent! I love it!

Edited by pipboy2000
  • Like 2

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

I played some Age of Wonders III but the story is so boooring, that I stopped after the 4th mission. Maybe I'll come back to it some other time.

I started Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall, but I have not much time (for reasons mentioned below ;) ), so I end up playing for half an hour every now and then.

I really like it though. It has the same strengths and problems as the main game (strong story, linear gameplay). So if you did not like that, you can skip the add on.

Most of my free time goes to Skyrim.

I installed a LOT of mods using the ingenious nexusmodmanager, twiddled with many, many settings and finally found a way to make it a lot more challenging without becoming a brutal hardcore experience (like when you are using Requiem for example, which I tried. It has a lot of cool ideas, but was too hard for me (!) to be fun to play. Others might like it though)

Edit: Oh yeah: And I did not deliver the Dragonstone to Farengar yet! So I can stroll around Skyrim without the enerving, constant dragon attacks! Just magnificent! I love it!

I am about to play Skyrim for the first time and I always use Mods with Bethesda games. What Mods did you use to make it more challenging?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge

God they knew how to make fun strategy back then

Was just thinking of reinstalling it myself.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif