What are you playing now

16 hours of Original Sin and still haven't left the hub. Though I'm about to run out of stuff and have to go outside the city gates.

Ofcourse it's not all good gameplay. Spend probably quite some time of that making my mega-buglist for Larian, the camera's rather annoying making navigation hard at times, and there's plenty of going back and forth talking to people, not helped by the size of the city.

Now I know why they don't make realistic sized buildings in RPG's generally... it's just... too much!

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It does? I thought it was the RPG-fan's wet dream. Especially seeing how bad combat is overall in RPG's (and this game is no exception).

"Somewhere" would be wrong. Or maybe they fixed that now. Kills, quests, etc. give all NPC's XP. If a companion joins you that isn't exactly your level (s)he will get XP to get the same level as your PC's too.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I'm getting a new laptop soon that will probably run most of the games I want to play. So far the list is:

1. Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall
  2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. The Wolf Among Us: EP 1+2
  4. Broken Sword 5
  5. Battle Worlds: Kronos
  6. Spec Ops The Line
  7. Max Payne 3
  8. South Park TSoT
  9. CS: Global Offensive
  10. The Walking Dead Season 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Hope you'll like Spec Ops more than I did... :wacko:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

...how bad combat is overall in RPG's (and this game is no exception).

:(

"Somewhere" would be wrong. Or maybe they fixed that now. Kills, quests, etc. give all NPC's XP. If a companion joins you that isn't exactly your level (s)he will get XP to get the same level as your PC's too.

Maybe Im misremembering (maybe it was in multi-player? Is there multi-player in this game?) but if its not there that's a step in the right direction. :)

I'm out of the loop where games are concerned. What's listed is based on recommendations from other people and reviews. 

To be fair, it's beta of course, and noticable in UI, control and the bugs. Maybe it'll get better once all those things get fixed, like missing skills, broken skills, initiative actually working etc.

Though since I'm not that much a TB fan, probably not enough to warm me up to it's combat element.

Don't know. It does have co-op. If singleplayer the companion is either AI responded to conversations (which isn't in yet) or allows the PC to select his/her options. Which can lead to some odd discussions with yourself. But it's fun roleplaying 2 different characters. Definitely not how other co-op in SP is implemented bad...

^

Dumb companion AI frustrates me so much.  My companions in FO3 keep dying when I'm up against Deathclaws because a]they don't understand shooting from a distance and b]they don't use stimpaks even though they've got them in their inventory and even though their health is going down.

It's sad when I have an easier time against a pack of Deathclaws by myself than when I have a companion since I have to worry about babysitting the idiot from being killed.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Personal opinions edited in in funky coloured fonts:

I'm getting a new laptop soon that will probably run most of the games I want to play. So far the list is:

1. Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall  I was disappointed with the game. Though I did like the vanilla campaign as far as the writing goes. I found the gameplay too dull. Haven't tried Dragonfall yet.
  2. Bioshock Infinite  It is very different atmosphere wise to the old Bioshock. There are people living in the city! I like it so far, but I didn't see it as anything to write home about.
  3. The Wolf Among Us: EP 1+2 As someone who used to read the comics: Episode 1 was great. It really worked well with the Telltale style of story telling . As a result Episode 2 was a complete letdown :/
  4. Broken Sword 5
  5. Battle Worlds: Kronos Very fun old school turn based strategy on the line of Battle Island etc. It does get repetitive though.
  6. Spec Ops The Line I'm not a fan of the gameplay, but as far as I got I really enjoyed the story and I keep meaning to finish the game. It has an Apocalypse Now in the desert vibe.
  7. Max Payne 3
  8. South Park TSoT
  9. CS: Global Offensive
  10. The Walking Dead Season 1 I never got past episode 2. I found episode 1 to be... not good. The writing and the choices are forced and there is too much foreshadowing. I feel they learned a lot since then and the Wolf Among Us (while a completely different story) is the better product.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Guest Slinky

The Walking Dead Season 1 I never got past episode 2. I found episode 1 to be... not good. The writing and the choices are forced and there is too much foreshadowing. I feel they learned a lot since then and the Wolf Among Us (while a completely different story) is the better product.

I'm usually one of the first ones to point fingers and yell "bad writing, bad writing!" when I see it, but my crappy writing detector didn't even twitch during Walking Dead. Maybe Bethesda games have broke it.

It's the gameplay, or lack of it to be more precise that does deserve some flak, but I did enjoy the story. Especially the end of Season 1 was excellent. But nice to hear Wolf Among Us is good, will get once the whole season is out.

Well thank you for the opinion guys. I'm not expecting much out of those games to be honest, but I no longer have the "must finish what you started" obsession from when I was 13 :biggrin: 

What I'm waiting for is the new Homeworld game, Star Citizen, Project Eternity etc.

Has anyone thrown down the cash for Wasteland 2 early access? (dunno why anyone would do that in the first place) 

Since I wrapped up all the story and case files stuff on Batman Origins.. I decided to have a minor bout of semi-nostalgia and re-play Arkham Asylum to see how that feels nowadays.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Walking Dead Season 1 I never got past episode 2. I found episode 1 to be... not good. The writing and the choices are forced and there is too much foreshadowing. I feel they learned a lot since then and the Wolf Among Us (while a completely different story) is the better product.

I'm usually one of the first ones to point fingers and yell "bad writing, bad writing!" when I see it, but my crappy writing detector didn't even twitch during Walking Dead. Maybe Bethesda games have broke it.

It's the gameplay, or lack of it to be more precise that does deserve some flak, but I did enjoy the story. Especially the end of Season 1 was excellent. But nice to hear Wolf Among Us is good, will get once the whole season is out.

I assume by writing you are referring to the dialogue? Because there isn't much wrong with that.

I think the problem is more with the narrative/setup. For example, when in ep 1

Greene is stuck under the tractor and you have to choose between him and Duck. Pretty much everything is wrong with it. Moaning, shuffling retards sneak up on them, tractor magically trapping Greene somehow, Duck being saveable in 2 seconds by pulling him off and shoving him in the other direction, etc.

Or the whole silly railroading at the end of ep 4.

You have to tell Clem that you can't search for her parents even though you've been likely promising her that from the start, despite having the perfect conditions for a relatively safe search (distracting bells) and a moaning, shuffling reatard somehow does a flawless ambush and from a sitting(?) position springs up at Lee to wound him.

Or you know, Clementine, the 8 year old headshot dispenser.

No, I didn't mean the dialogue. As you said, there is nothing really wrong with that. I did mean exactly what you are describing. That episode 1 example shows perfectly what put me off the game.

Personally, with writing I usually refer to the whole narrative experience and not just the words the audience gets to read/hear.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hm, after a bit over 15 hours of gameplay, I finished off Arkham Asylum, with my completionist pushing me to finish off the Riddles as well (but not bother with the challenge maps).  I think I might make it the full trifecta and re-install Arkham City and have a run through of that....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, according to my Facebook Feed, the Center for Autism Awareness is stating that I love Minecraft. So, you know, Minecraft, I guess.

Such an offensive post. I can't believe they thought that was a good idea.

Well, according to my Facebook Feed, the Center for Autism Awareness is stating that I love Minecraft. So, you know, Minecraft, I guess.

Such an offensive post. I can't believe they thought that was a good idea.

I don't quite understand. Why would they be stating that you love Minecraft? Why's it offensive? Just seems random and weird from the context you've given.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Played a little South Park.. not overly impressed though still early.

Just out of curiosity, did you watch/like South Park?

I tried playing the game a little more since I had the one random glitch, but can't get into it. I figured this is mostly because I'm not at all into the series/chrs, even if it's occasionally sorta amusing. It is a great job of making a game feel like the TV show, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Like usual, I have given up on a FPS, this time Metro Last Light. I really did enjoy what I played (managed to beat a little more than half the game), but I reached that point in the game where I'm not good enough to advance the story any further. The game had good atmosphere, decent writing and it didn't look bad at all.

Failing to beat it should probably dissuade me from playing more games in the genre but...

I'm now playing Bioshock Infinite and I am enjoying it. I really dig the style of the world just like the previous Bioshok games (that I also gave up on). Combat is more fun than Metro LL, because I enjoy the powers you get. This is the longest I have lasted in a Bioshock game. Let's see if I can beat this one.

You know you've played too much Banished when you play Casear 3 and you keep trying to rotate buildings, zoom with the mouse, and pause using the spacebar. Oh yeah, and when you keep forgetting that ESC doesn't close menus, it gives you the exit-game prompt. Har.

...I love city-builders. I need moah of them. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts