What are you playing now

Hassat Hunter, on 02 Apr 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

I didn't have much trouble with Expedition.

Then again I'm a TBS noob and played on easy.

And they might have made it harder since beta (last I played).

Canon might be useful for you? ;)

I had cannon, I did kill 2/3 of them, but got swamped by the last third. May be the last update they jacked up the number or composition of enemies in that battle, things don't seem to work as well since then, or may be it's something I did, like not completing one of the quests and failing some others. The last battle I lost the first time, then won on retry, so it wasn't too bad.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Started up Shadowrun Dragonfall. I still love their descriptions and dialogue.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still Dark Souls 2 ... only after weeks of playing i discovered the real dual wielding :o Pretty powerful.

Hang on...

Is this game even out yet? Isn't the release date set to April 25?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Guest Slinky

Still Dark Souls 2 ... only after weeks of playing i discovered the real dual wielding :o Pretty powerful.

Hang on...

Is this game even out yet? Isn't the release date set to April 25?

PC version yes, but the console versions got released last month.

Playing what the hell should I play next. Where other people have huge backlogs, I have to find the games that interest me with bloodhounds.

My brother was a huge fan of Dark Souls 1, telling me it was going to be soooo awesome and that I should totally pre-order it because there's absolutely no reason not to if I even sort of like Dark Souls because they're totally going to improve on it in every aspect...

As he's a console gamer, he's already played it. First few days, he told me it was great and my skepticism was not deserved at all, and shame on me - it's better than Dark Souls 1, even, he said. A few days after that, he said it was really good, but had some problems, but it was just as good as Dark Souls 1 - just a little different. A half week later, he says it's good, but just not as good as Dark Souls 1. Another half week: he feels a bit disappointed, and misses Dark Souls 1, and how it was when he first played it. Now, a few days ago, he said he's done playing Dark Souls 2, and he's going back to playing Dark Souls 1.  :p

As for me, I thought Dark Souls 1 was good - maybe even really good, depending on the person playing it - but not so completely perfect as so many of its rabid fanbase seem to suggest. I think it's possible I'll feel roughly the same way about Dark Souls 2 - though now my expectations are at (the very) least a little lower. We'll see.   :)

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

My brother was a huge fan of Dark Souls 1, telling me it was going to be soooo awesome and that I should totally pre-order it because there's absolutely no reason not to if I even sort of like Dark Souls because they're totally going to improve on it in every aspect...

As he's a console gamer, he's already played it. First few days, he told me it was great and my skepticism was not deserved at all, and shame on me - it's better than Dark Souls 1, even, he said. A few days after that, he said it was really good, but had some problems, but it was just as good as Dark Souls 1 - just a little different. A half week later, he says it's good, but just not as good as Dark Souls 1. Another half week: he feels a bit disappointed, and misses Dark Souls 1, and how it was when he first played it. Now, a few days ago, he said he's done playing Dark Souls 2, and he's going back to playing Dark Souls 1.  :p

As for me, I thought Dark Souls 1 was good - maybe even really good, depending on the person playing it - but not so completely perfect as so many of its rabid fanbase seem to suggest. I think it's possible I'll feel roughly the same way about Dark Souls 2 - though now my expectations are at (the very) least a little lower. We'll see.   :)

Funny but interesting post Bartie :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wrapped up Batman Origins.

Well, the storyline, all the Case Files, all the Most Wanted. Let my ocd run wild with the Enigma datapacks and picked all those up. Got all the medals for the Combat Training..but I'm not bothering with the challenge maps and such.

Kind of feel the whole Initiation dlc that came with it sucks. It's not really a story as it were, just a couple of snapshots around a series of Extended challenge maps, that annoy because you fail at any point and you have to restart from the beginning again.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

More Path of Exile, trying some new builds with the new "corrupted Vaal" content.. The only game I've ever played where I actually like xp grinding and the endless hack n' slash.

Fortune favors the bald.

Someone graciously gave me a Divinity: Original Sin beta-key, so reporting all the bugs I find to Larian while rummaging around.

Looks pretty good so far, aside from TB combat :(.

Fortunately, very little combat so far these first few hours I played.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Someone graciously gave me a Divinity: Original Sin beta-key, so reporting all the bugs I find to Larian while rummaging around.

Looks pretty good so far, aside from TB combat :(.

Fortunately, very little combat so far these first few hours I played.

Yeah, that was one of the complaints, once you get to the first "hub" there's lots and lots and lots of running and talking and very little combat to break it up a bit. Might become rather annoying after the first, or second playthrough.

Edited by marelooke

I'd forgotten how annoying these abandoned subway tunnels are in Fallout 3.  Especially when you're forced to navigate them in order to find a spot on the map that looks like it should be reachable without using them.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

melkathi, on 03 Apr 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

I wasn't much of a cannon user myself. I set up barricades for choke points and then threw petrol bombs at the clustered enemies:

Burn it, burn it, burn it, burn it, burn it all away.

OK, I see how that could work. Too bad I overwrote my save before I thought better, so I can't try it now. But thanks.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

melkathi, on 03 Apr 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

I wasn't much of a cannon user myself. I set up barricades for choke points and then threw petrol bombs at the clustered enemies:

Burn it, burn it, burn it, burn it, burn it all away.

OK, I see how that could work. Too bad I overwrote my save before I thought better, so I can't try it now. But thanks.

I used that tactic in most tough fights. As long as there is fuel, the fire will spread too, so it can deal realy massive damage.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah, that was one of the complaints, once you get to the first "hub" there's lots and lots and lots of running and talking and very little combat to break it up a bit. Might become rather annoying after the first, or second playthrough.

That sounds like a positive in my book.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It is... hover navigating around town can be somewhat of a pain with the camera zoomed in too much, no overview.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

FTL Advanced on the iPad.

Game seems really well suited on this platform.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Finished the expansions in FNV. Now to finish a bunch of side quests before doing House's quest to deal with the Boomers.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester