What are you playing now

Seems I am in a stalemate with the amazons.

I razed their temple in the Oaklands. The moment my main army moves on, their heavy cavalry tramples my garrison. They burned the temple I had build there. My nemedians have snuck back in the province and will easily slaughter the amazon defenders, but I can't bring any more troops to push further. The formorian king and his giants are stationed on my border with Ur. My prophet is taking an army to scare off the barbarian hordes on my eastern border. A nemedian sorceress and her bodyguards are accompanying him for support and one unmarked formorian is raising troops to assist wherever needed. But he is needed everywhere.

If only I could get some magic sites to strengthen my nature magic...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Fallout 3 sucks for companions.  The only companions available early on to me is Jericho, and because I'm playing a goody two shoes with a positive karma, he won't tag along with me.

I need my pack mule, damn it.

I gave up on Fallout 3 last year because of constant crashing, how are you finding it for stability?

Spent a chunk of the weekend playing Batman Origins. My partial ocd kicked in on a chunk of it. I ended up spending about 2 hours with the "Press Tab to level up" message flashing, because I'd already picked the abilities I had access to, and needed to stop getting distracted and do the main mission to unlock more.

For some reason I really can't get the Blade dodge to work right.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finished Dead Space 3, played Awakened, and started up Extraction.

I enjoy comparing bad game endings to Mass Effect 3. It's kind of petty, but it's a fun exercise. Like for Dead Space 3:

the game ends with you telekinetically shooting markers into a moon's eyes to kill it.

It's pretty dumb. It's as if Alien 3, much maligned as it is, had featured Ripley getting superpowers and ended with her flying around like superman before going Carrie on a queen. But it's still better than Mass Effect 3's ending.

But with the Awakened dlc, I'm not sure I can say that anymore. If Mass Effect 3 had ended at the point where the fleet warps into earth it would be in the same situation. No battle or anything, just the ships appear and see the Reapers, roll credits. That analogy is precise.

Who does that? Who ends a DLC on a cliffhanger? Did they miss the part where EA was talking about cancelling the franchise if the game didn't have massive sales?

I'm instituting a new rule. Nobody's allowed to do DLC with a cliffhanger unless the sequel's already been announced.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Dead Space 3, played Awakened, and started up Extraction.

I enjoy comparing bad game endings to Mass Effect 3. It's kind of petty, but it's a fun exercise. Like for Dead Space 3:

the game ends with you telekinetically shooting markers into a moon's eyes to kill it.

It's pretty dumb. It's as if Alien 3, much maligned as it is, had featured Ripley getting superpowers and ended with her flying around like superman before going Carrie on a queen. But it's still better than Mass Effect 3's ending.

But with the Awakened dlc, I'm not sure I can say that anymore. If Mass Effect 3 had ended at the point where the fleet warps into earth it would be in the same situation. No battle or anything, just the ships appear and see the Reapers, roll credits. That analogy is precise.

Who does that? Who ends a DLC on a cliffhanger? Did they miss the part where EA was talking about cancelling the franchise if the game didn't have massive sales?

I'm instituting a new rule. Nobody's allowed to do DLC with a cliffhanger unless the sequel's already been announced.

Half Life (Episode) 3*? :p

* strictly spoken not DLC I guess, but it still qualifies methinks

Edited by marelooke

Finished hte first mission of the elven campaign in AoW3.

Good times :)

Created a goblin warlord for a scenario: Fleabite Beetlebreath.

Getting the stuffing beaten out of me, as goblins are terribly squishy :)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

"the game ends with you telekinetically shooting markers into a moon's eyes to kill it.

It's pretty dumb. It's as if Alien 3, much maligned as it is, had featured Ripley getting superpowers and ended with her flying around like superman before going Carrie on a queen. But it's still better than Mass Effect 3's ending."

You think that's a better ending? LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I finished the OC of Diablo 3, heading into the expansion now.

I had some really nice lucky drops resulting in me just ripping through most of Act IV almost as if I were invulnerable. I must say the Diablo fight was *a lot* easier than I expected (on Expert, since that's the highest difficulty level I had access to until I then).

Well, onwards to Malthael!

• Like 1

I fired up some Dungeon Siege III.  I've been kind of itching to play that game again for a while and I finally scratched that itch last night.  I'm up to the part where you rescue your first companion, Anjali in my case.  Still playing Might & Magic X besides that.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You think that's a better ending? LMAO

Well yes. Because while it's dumb, at least Isaac kills the Brethren Moon instead of capitulating to its grand design.

I was planning on starting alpha protocol today, but I got two vaccinations so am instead zoning here with a metallic taste in my mouth and a slight fever. :p

So, Alpha protocol is what U'll hopefully be playing tomorrow :p

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I was planning on starting alpha protocol today, but I got two vaccinations so am instead zoning here with a metallic taste in my mouth and a slight fever. :p

Good choice, Melk and GhostofAnakin gave me some good tips when I first played AP last year . Its a very entertaining game :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Good choice, Melk and GhostofAnakin gave me some good tips when I first played AP last year . Its a very entertaining game :)

I play it every 9-12 months... I always set out to play a certain type of character, like I do in games usually, but with AP, I always wind up making the same "backbone" choices instead... Maybe this time!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Dead Space Extraction

Only the second crappiest Dead Space game, not counting the mobile ones I never tried.

FEAR is the greatest FPS I've ever played, at least with regards to actual action and combat. It doesn't have exploration or wonderful visuals. It's just really intense shooting with great AI and encounter design.

So I'm about 8 hours into F.E.A.R and its a great game, I am very impressed with the AI. I'm not use to enemies coming behind me or circling around and finding other positions to attack me from. And the narrative is captivating so good game so far :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't remember how many enemies I had, but with some trap placement it had worked out fine.

The most trouble I ahd was with the very last battle in the game.

Verdict on Aarklash: Legacy

+

* most unique party members since Sacred: Underworld and Sacred 2

* best RtwP combat in a cRPG ever

* cool puzzles

* good art direction

* game length is just right

-

* combat would still be better turn based

* bad to terrible dialogue, voice over and story, normally I don't care about this but in this game it really grated me

* bad loot, however it is not really the focus of the game

* level cap of 20 too low

* at least 3 party members you start the game with are OP, no real reason to use others except when the game forces you to

All in all, another masterpiece from Cyanide/Spiders and not a bad appetizer before Obsidian Larian are finished blundering around with Project Eternity Divinity: Original Sin.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I didn't have much trouble with Expedition.

Then again I'm a TBS noob and played on easy.

And they might have made it harder since beta (last I played).

Canon might be useful for you? ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Playing the "look at your PS4 that you can't unpack for a couple of weeks ye" game. It isn't fun, but I will play it during the Easter break. I have 4 days off exluding the holiday days and weekends. 10 days dedicated to gaming, oh yes.

Not a crazy amount of games I want, but the ones that are available will tide me over for some time. (inFAMOUS, Resogun and Mercenary Kings being the ones I want most.)

After ignoring it for a while, I downloaded the most recent alpha .752 of Planet Explorers. Didn't really play it yet, just sorta ran around the start area a little. Apparently, one can now collect water in a pitcher - why, I don't know. Another health boost item I suppose? But the farming is now available, so I thought I'd check out what the means. I've already gotten some seeds by picking the plants. Graphically it mostly looks the same, although the new water effects are kinda nice I guess. Hope they slowed down the weapon degradation by now, because that was really annoying.

I still don't like the new "dig here" bubble indicator feel, vs. the long ago original alpha.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

* at least 3 party members you start the game with are OP, no real reason to use others except when the game forces you to

I found Nella and Knokka to be simply awesome, but I swapped Wendaroo out for Motcha and Denzil for Frinz.

I read on the gog forum how some people prefer using Bo Lahm instead of Knokka, but with my playstyle he didn't fit as well.

Characters with abilities that require throwing a projectile that might heal enemies, hurt allies or miss entirely (ever changing battlefield), are too much of a hassle. It would work better if combat were turn-based.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.