What are you playing now

I played pretty much nothing all week.  I had time, but no desire to play games until yesterday when I started up some Expeditions: Conquistador.  I'm definitely liking the game so far.  Since this is my first time with the game, I'm playing on normal difficulty and carefully selected my crew.  I'm going as diplomatic as I can and will try to make nice with the natives, so I selected mostly open-minded individuals.  If the game turns out as good throughout as it is so far then I will do another playthrough on a higher difficulty level in ironman mode and with a randomly selected crew for extra challenge.  This coming weekend looks super dooper ****ty weather wise so I'll have plenty of time to play when not watching March Madness.  I'll likely start up a new game of Might & Magic X: Legacy soon as the DLC is now out and since I have the deluxe edition I got it for free.  I might do an all-might party with no spellcasters (no one focused on spellcasting, anyway).  I have mulled taking that to the extreme and going quad-barbarian for absolutely no spellcasting ability whatsoever.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I played pretty much nothing all week.  I had time, but no desire to play games

There is something fundamentally wrong with society when Keyrock doesn't have an interest in playing games .....I am worried...is this the end of days   :ermm:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually decided to go back and replay Fallout 3.  I forgot how bland and boring it was.

I can't imagine touching it again. It's one of the few games I've had to take longer breaks in between to finish.

I've been playing DA2, should finish Dishonored and that last Hitman thing which were both aborted when SHTF at the old workplace, also need to do the DLCs for Saints Row IV...

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Cloudbuilt

It's a new indie 3D platforming/speedrunning game where you clear levels with different paths (some obvious, some not) using your jetpack, wallrunning and simple energy pistol, as there are a few enemies that work more as obstacles rather than something that you really need to fight. There are 22 stages plus plenty of different modes, such as one where you have infinite fuel.

Spent good 13 hours on it so far, haven't finished it yet because I like to get at least a B ranking (ranks are from D to S) on the stages and that tends to take plenty of retries and practice on harder ones. The controls took a bit to get used to, but I now think I have the hang of it (managed to get an A rank here or there) and this game is really scratching that skill-based 3D platforming itch I've had for years. Lack of any replay/ghost function, and how picky the game is about momentum at times are probably my biggest complaints.

Like, in some spots where I like to sequence-break in a sense, if my jump is just a little bit short, I don't have the upwards momentum to start vertical wallrun, and then fall to my death.

Edited by Nordicus

But please spend 300 hours playing it and let us know, in detail, how bad it is and how much you hate it.

What?

Reference to an old poster in these forums who was more than happy to do that with DA2

But please spend 300 hours playing it and let us know, in detail, how bad it is and how much you hate it.

What?

Reference to an old poster in these forums who was more than happy to do that with DA2

Yeah, I remember that, I just found that thrown at yours truly a bit surprising.

I'm not sure I still have 300 hours in it, tbh. Maybe that's why I like it. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Still Banished, just less and less hours. Mostly been looking at what feels like a zillion map seeds, making notes of the ones that look interesting to try at some point. Most of them suck...random map generators can be irritating at times.

Also created a chr. in South Park and then started the tutorial elf fight. Then got glitched and couldn't finish the elf fight, so I quit and will reload it tomorrow. :biggrin: No idea if I'll get very far in the game and the movement/control feels really wonky, but figured I may as well try it at least....a couple lines have made me giggle so far. :cat:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wargame: Red Dragon (preorder beta)

So. Freaking. Good. 

I'm seriously addicted to deck-building, and the gameplay is so tense/fun.

My favorite RTS series, definitely (essentially because it just does its own thing, rather than trying to be a standard RTS)

My friends and I are toying around with it as well, we being veterans of European Escalation. If you wish to have a friendly game with us, you can contact me with my above Steam name which is the same as the moniker I use on this forum(one of my friends happens to be one of the Marshalls, in other words, one of Eugen's balance consultants and SMEs).

As our game group is called Task Force 1776, you can probably guess what side of the Iron Curtain we usually play as ;D

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

What?

I-It's not like I wanted to like it or anything!

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Since Steam was doing the 75% off all Batman.. I decided to pick up Batman Origins and idle a few hours here and there on it...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I played pretty much nothing all week.  I had time, but no desire to play games

There is something fundamentally wrong with society when Keyrock doesn't have an interest in playing games .....I am worried...is this the end of days   :ermm:

The seventh seal has been broken...

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished Fahrenheit.

The control scheme and QTEs were an abomination (it is rather amusing that climbing a chain link fence is the most difficult part of the game...), and the plot drifted off on a massive tangent. Up until that point it rather reminded me of the Mac game Deja Vu I played and enjoyed as a little chap, and was far better as a police procedural adventure game than as an incoherent scifi/ fantasy/ matrix with literal wtf? moments. Still, liked it overall, it's the sort of game I don't play all that much and was good for a change.

• Like 1

As our game group is called Task Force 1776, you can probably guess what side of the Iron Curtain we usually play as ;D

Great year, which is why General Joe Colton, the original G.I. Joe, uses that number to access one of many secret weapon caches.  :biggrin:

vlcsnap-2014-03-28-16h06m20s3_zps15892f0

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

SR: Dragonfall

Finally feel that I'm making some progress. Seing some spelling errors and a few grammatical ones. I would not have thought about it if I didn't like what I was reading.

I have only used story NPCs and treated them fairly well.

I liked one mission that had several optional objectives. It didn't hurt I managed to complete them all. Overall, this is a better campaign than Dead Man's Seitch.

Been pumping karma points in to combat related skills. Also have two shotguns so my ammo lasts longer.

Playing through the Operation Alaska DLC for Fallout 3.  I don't recall finishing this one the first time I played FO3.  Bethesda's attempt at CoD?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Thinking about getting D3's expansion and looking at it, but at the rate it's downloading and doing stuff, I may end up doing that (the actual playing) tomorrow. Or on Monday. My patience for downloading mega GB's worth of files every time I want to play a game gets smaller and smaller.

No my internet is not super slow. But the GB's keep getting bigger and bigger...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thinking about getting D3's expansion and looking at it, but at the rate it's downloading and doing stuff, I may end up doing that (the actual playing) tomorrow. Or on Monday. My patience for downloading mega GB's worth of files every time I want to play a game gets smaller and smaller.

No my internet is not super slow. But the GB's keep getting bigger and bigger...

If it's downloading really really try turning off peer to peer in the launcher settings, that upped my download speed from 120K/s-ish to 2-3M/s...

Yes, and even worse. In that darn app, there's a setting's tab/menu, where it defaults to using up just a fraction of your bandwidth. I had to coreect that early on, and then boom, it went ten times faster!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Great year, which is why General Joe Colton, the original G.I. Joe, uses that number to access one of many secret weapon caches.  :biggrin:

vlcsnap-2014-03-28-16h06m20s3_zps15892f0

the original g.i. joe were... nobody.  in 1963, hasbro comes up with g.i. joe doll as a boy's version o' mattel's barbie. the term "GI" as a generic term for american soldier had actual started as early as world war 1 and were kinda an accident as at the time much American equipment were stamped G.I. for galvanized iron and somehow that evolves organically into a general term for Government Issue. the thing is, G.I. Joe doesn't enter public consciousness 'til after a 1945 movie, "The Story of G.I Joe," staring Robert Mitchum and Burgess Meredith. as it happens, there were no soldier named Joe in that movie. 

and now you know... and knowing is half the battle. not that you wanted to know, or is made better by knowing.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If it's downloading really really try turning off peer to peer in the launcher settings, that upped my download speed from 120K/s-ish to 2-3M/s...

Everything but the Parental Control option is currently greyed out, I assume because it's "optimizing". So I can't change anything. (the new app launcher is not actually installed yet).

Also, it's now stuck at 47.5% for ages....with the "Please don't close this window" warning text staring me in the face. If I close launcher/restart, will it...start all over? :lol: ... sigh.

post-11552-0-41069600-1396129663_thumb.jpg

Oh for crying out loud. Closed the window. This time when I clicked the D3 shortcut instead of telling me it has to "optimize" it tells me it's installing battle.net beta launcher, then promptly gets stuck at 64% install. Screw this noise...maybe I'll uninstall everything first and try it that way.

bought the Dungeon Siege pack for Treasures of the Sun mainly, but also to see if there was coop in DS and DS II, which should be mildly entertaining with friends. 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.