What are you playing now

Titanfall... it's fun but I think that it'd be better with a 32 man limit instead of what, 12?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Recently reinstalled Call of Pripyat. Figured I'd give Misery 2.1 a try. Stutter every twenty seconds or so and the overblown h4rdc0r3 "balance" decisions convinced me to delete the mod after a few hours. A pity, because the focus on survival and scavenging instead of gunplay is a good idea, but the execution is terrible. Need to find a better mod.

I had the same experience with the Misery Mod (it was 2.0 when I played) minus the stuttering.  I like some of the changes, but other changes straight up ruin the game adding nothing but tedium and making enemies beyond insanely difficult (no human should survive multiple headshots from a Dragunov, I don't care if he's wearing 3 helmets layered on top of each other).

The bullet "sponginess" has been fixed somewhat in 2.1, from what I've read. The deal breaker for me was stuff like mutants being in berserk mode 24/7 and the economy being all over the place ("sure, I'll give you 150 rubles for that AK-74. That piece of bread you kinda need to avoid ****ing starving? 6,000 and it's yours"). Also "Hardcore aim", which you apparently can't deactivate, allows noob bandits to snipe you with a PMM from 200 m.

Again, it's a pity because the mod adds a ton of other interesting stuff, such as artifact containment, cooking your own food, player character classes and *pretty* things like a gazillion different weapon and outfit combinations for NPCs. It's one of those mods I'd really like to like. Am downloading SGM at the moment.

But yeah, we really need a new Stalker game...

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Don't Starve

great avatar!  :cat:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Just beat The Banner Saga.

Another game I backed on Kickstarter. I really liked it. Thinking of doing another playthrough because things didn't go so well on my pilgrimage. I still listen to the soundtrack, too. Actually, I have it playing right now.

• Like 1

Also "Hardcore aim", which you apparently can't deactivate, allows noob bandits to snipe you with a PMM from 200 m.

Yeah, the hardcore aim was ridiculous.  Sitting at the very edge of my Dragunov's scope, barely able to make out enemies, crouched down and in partial cover, meanwhile they are hitting me with almost perfect accuracy with assault rifles.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Remember Me for 10 Reichsmark. Is it worth it? Game looks like an Aeon Flux clone.

Not really.

If terrible gameplay wasn't bad enough, the game constantly breaks the gameflow.

Combat starts: you take one step the game freezes to explain combat basics to you. Fair enough you think, learn the basics and move on. next combat: you punch one enemy - combat freezes so the game can explain combos to you... fair enough youn think... next combat: you punch a guy, combat freezes... 7th fight, you punch a guy...

It becomes faily obvious after a while that the devs do not want you to play the game, so who are we to fforce them to have their game played ;)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Also "Hardcore aim", which you apparently can't deactivate, allows noob bandits to snipe you with a PMM from 200 m.

Yeah, the hardcore aim was ridiculous.  Sitting at the very edge of my Dragunov's scope, barely able to make out enemies, crouched down and in partial cover, meanwhile they are hitting me with almost perfect accuracy with assault rifles.

I'm glad I've personally modded Stalker enough to have an idea of how to fix (at least some of) the concerns you guys mentioned in otherwise good mods...though I'll have to admit to not having tried the Misery mod. SHoC is more my default Stalker "experience" / base game than CoP.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Skyrim. Now that I have a decent system, I can turn the graphic settings to max instead of turning them down in order to play. Its a great game.

• Like 2

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Playing through FONV again.  Love the game, but I don't get how folks who replay it keep talking about how they're stumbling across new things they didn't see in previous play throughs.  Literally everything I come across, I've seen before. *shrugs*

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Keyrock you know what they say " a bad FPS player blames the AI of the enemy "

:blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just beat The Banner Saga.

Another game I backed on Kickstarter. I really liked it. Thinking of doing another playthrough because things didn't go so well on my pilgrimage. I still listen to the soundtrack, too. Actually, I have it playing right now.

If you play it right, you can get so much Renown.

At the game's end, I had my entire Main Party at Level 5.

I also save Aleka, who is now a prophet-child; I also saved the Dredge Baby.

My Save Import for TBS2 is gonna be a beast.

If someone is labelled Obsidian VIP, it's generally a former moderator.

I am still waiting for my VIP rank :(

Oh well, PE rank is good too :)

<-- :(

Previous thread

I've never really thought of Obsidian and Bioware as competitors. Given that they've shared two different IP's, I doubt anyone in the two companies thinks of their relationship as adversarial.

If they're in the same industry they're competitors. Apples and oranges are both fruit. If oranges want to succeed, people have to buy less of every other fruit.

Not really. They are literally apples and oranges. There is plenty of room in the marketplace for both, they are both successful independently and they work together well in juices and salads. I doubt apple farmers spend any time at all worrying about the strength of the orange market, or vice versa.

It would be entirely different if Obsidian and Bioware were on a similar release schedule, or their product were a closer match. But Dragon Age and PE are very different products that have been marketed in very different ways.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There's still only so much disposable income and only so much disposable leisure time. But in acknowledging that, the restriction on both being videogame companies is fairly arbitrary, Obsidian and Bioware are about as much competitors as Obsidian and the local cinema, or Bioware and the weekend football match. :sorcerer:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh. They ain't comepting against each other for $. At least not mine. It's not an either/or choice. If I buy BIO Game A it doesn't mean I won't buy Obsidian Game C. IT's silly talk to think otherwise. It's not like people buy one game and that's it.

This isn't the car industry where every potential car owners (not couting Jay leno llol) mayve own 1 or 2 cars max. Most gamers buy multiple games a year. LMAO

Yeah, the second I only buy one game a year we might have issues... on some years, because that one game would be from either of the two. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Fallout New Vegas, modded out.

Beautiful New Vegas at night.

post-1458-0-77839300-1395426336_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lucian
  • Like 4

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Finally had the time to beat The Stick of truth. The game got even crazier and crazier than what it already was to begin with. It was fun and I might do a replay down the line. Gameplay wasn't super deep, and I think it was fairly easy to exploit the various status effects you could inflict on your opponents. The next time, I might go for more achievements. I usually don't bother, but what they hey... I want all the chimpokomons, friends and gear.

Reloaded Dawn of War: Dark Crusade along with the Firestorm Over Kronus mod, an amazingly ambitious and thorough piece of work, it has a few downsides such as the Chapter Master being an available unit, which in my mind makes no sense for the vanilla campaign as Azariah Kyras was not there, but that's just a personal bugbear. Other than that it completely revolutionises the base game, and makes so many great changes as to render it almost a new product, but with the same fun and outrageous gameplay of the original.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Still skiing the slopes of Skyrim.

Now in full Vampire/Werewolf glory.

Now to finish out the triat as a Wendigo......

I'm kinda curious where Bethesda zigged.... In Morrowind it seemed I was heroic.... now I'm a CW TV Monster.....

I'm kinda curious where Bethesda zigged.... In Morrowind it seemed I was heroic.... now I'm a CW TV Monster.....

I tried a Vampire Lord for a brief moment. I found them to be too ugly for my tastes.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Fallout New Vegas, modded out.

Beautiful New Vegas at night.

That brings back some nostalgic memories for me. When I first played F:NV on the main quest I was down on ammunition and hunted by Deathclaws and trying to escape through the desert...desperate to find this haven called " New Vegas". I remember going over a hill, it was night, and there was the town in all its shimmering glory. I have never been so happy to see a friendly location in any game :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I tried a Vampire Lord for a brief moment. I found them to be too ugly for my tastes.

Fugly as sin, but tossing people around with that "force pull" power is hilarious. :D

Since I'm doing the hybrid thing, I can see them side by side with Werewolves... I can't decide which is more deadly.