What are you playing now

Previous thread

I've never really thought of Obsidian and Bioware as competitors. Given that they've shared two different IP's, I doubt anyone in the two companies thinks of their relationship as adversarial.

If they're in the same industry they're competitors. Apples and oranges are both fruit. If oranges want to succeed, people have to buy less of every other fruit.

Not really. They are literally apples and oranges. There is plenty of room in the marketplace for both, they are both successful independently and they work together well in juices and salads. I doubt apple farmers spend any time at all worrying about the strength of the orange market, or vice versa.

It would be entirely different if Obsidian and Bioware were on a similar release schedule, or their product were a closer match. But Dragon Age and PE are very different products that have been marketed in very different ways.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There's still only so much disposable income and only so much disposable leisure time. But in acknowledging that, the restriction on both being videogame companies is fairly arbitrary, Obsidian and Bioware are about as much competitors as Obsidian and the local cinema, or Bioware and the weekend football match. :sorcerer:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh. They ain't comepting against each other for $. At least not mine. It's not an either/or choice. If I buy BIO Game A it doesn't mean I won't buy Obsidian Game C. IT's silly talk to think otherwise. It's not like people buy one game and that's it.

This isn't the car industry where every potential car owners (not couting Jay leno llol) mayve own 1 or 2 cars max. Most gamers buy multiple games a year. LMAO

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm on a bit of an Obsidian binge right now.  Finished Stick of Truth the other night, decided to replay New Vegas tonight.  Ironically, it was between New Vegas and Dungeon Siege III.  I chose NV because I was more in a sandbox style mood.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Right now I'm playing a bit of Mount and Blade, Witcher 2, Last of Us, and a few others but none that seriously while I wait for Second Son on Friday.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No way! Welcome back Darque!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Crusader Kings II .. My Arabian Empire (with over 20 vassal Sultans) is preparing to face the Mongol hordes, they've send envoys, which I played nice with, but their armies are approaching. Luckily I can muster about 280k men and have a little over 10k worth of gold on my side, so I should be fine.

Looking forward to wrapping it up and trying on the Indian DLC.

Also playin Fallout New Vegas, in Old World Blues now with a decidedly 'unsciency' character, which is actually not as fun.

Fortune favors the bald.

No way! Welcome back Darque!

Holy Smoke, I don't know who Darquel is but I saw his\her post count and its an impressive number. Clearly a veteran of the forums :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Best known for responding to massive posts with just :darque:

Started an Alpha Protocol game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If someone is labelled Obsidian VIP, it's generally a former moderator.

I am still waiting for my VIP rank :(

Oh well, PE rank is good too :)

Currently playing: Cthullu saves the world.

Next up: Holy Avenger vs. Maidens of the Dead, which I noticed suddenly being in my Steam library. Seems a sequel to Grotesque Tactics, which I both got, so many that's why I got this title given? Should be a fun diversion for a few hours...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Remember Me for 10 Reichsmark. Is it worth it? Game looks like an Aeon Flux clone.

I played it at a friend's a few months ago and found the camera claustrophobic, and the jumping/climbing bits annoying. It's a shame, because I liked the setting and the protagonist. Oh, and the crime scene/memory recreation part was kinda neat. 

Edited by Noviere

Castlemier Z.

The creative mode is lots of fun but the enemies are pretty damn annoying. Even on the "Easy" mode the enemies can kill you with 2  hits! Some of them have this weird ability to make really long jumps and to add insult to injury, the weapon handling and the gunplay are terrible! The crafting system on the other hand is pretty neat. There is a list of items you can craft and the components you need for crafting, pure and simple! I am playing the Creative Mode. It's fun to build stuff and you always have the option to turn the enemies on/off in case they bother you with your crafting and mining.

Remember Me for 10 Reichsmark. Is it worth it? Game looks like an Aeon Flux clone.

It's pretty visuals and great art direction vs. bad writing and boring gameplay. PS+ was offering it free of charge to subscribers a few months ago but I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Recently reinstalled Call of Pripyat. Figured I'd give Misery 2.1 a try. Stutter every twenty seconds or so and the overblown h4rdc0r3 "balance" decisions convinced me to delete the mod after a few hours. A pity, because the focus on survival and scavenging instead of gunplay is a good idea, but the execution is terrible. Need to find a better mod.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Castlemier Z.

The creative mode is lots of fun but the enemies are pretty damn annoying. Even on the "Easy" mode the enemies can kill you with 2  hits! Some of them have this weird ability to make really long jumps and to add insult to injury, the weapon handling and the gunplay are terrible! The crafting system on the other hand is pretty neat. There is a list of items you can craft and the components you need for crafting, pure and simple! I am playing the Creative Mode. It's fun to build stuff and you always have the option to turn the enemies on/off in case they bother you with your crafting and mining.

It's pretty visuals and great art direction vs. bad writing and boring gameplay. PS+ was offering it free of charge to subscribers a few months ago but I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Same here. gave up before that halfway point, I think. Great visual design and music was good. Gameplay was not fun.

Best known for responding to massive posts with just :darque:

Started an Alpha Protocol game.

:p

That said - I'm debating cutting Skyrim short...... the darn thing keeps locking up on me, and Dark Souls 2 keeps taunting me to hurry up and finish so I can start it instead. :ermm:

Recently reinstalled Call of Pripyat. Figured I'd give Misery 2.1 a try. Stutter every twenty seconds or so and the overblown h4rdc0r3 "balance" decisions convinced me to delete the mod after a few hours. A pity, because the focus on survival and scavenging instead of gunplay is a good idea, but the execution is terrible. Need to find a better mod.

I had the same experience with the Misery Mod (it was 2.0 when I played) minus the stuttering.  I like some of the changes, but other changes straight up ruin the game adding nothing but tedium and making enemies beyond insanely difficult (no human should survive multiple headshots from a Dragunov, I don't care if he's wearing 3 helmets layered on top of each other).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks