Music... must go on...

Gorth

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Another installment of Name That Famous Musician:

vn7nppZ.jpg

Here's another picture of the same person that should make this much easier:

R1CWrTy.jpg

Still nobody, eh?  Okay, here's one more:

sD2br29.jpg

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another installment of Name That Famous Musician:

vn7nppZ.jpg

Here's another picture of the same person that should make this much easier:

R1CWrTy.jpg

Still nobody, eh?  Okay, here's one more:

sD2br29.jpg

Kicking myself for not placing him on the first two pics (yea, I'd seen the first before). He was the man!

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 2

One of the most legendary and greatest live performances ever.  Queen, at their absolute peak, in front of the largest audience ever (72,000 in attendance at Wembley plus an estimated 1.5 BILLION watching live on TV) hitting a grand slam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQsM6u0a038

I watched this live with my parents on TV as a 9 year old child.  I still remember it clearly and it still brings me to tears every time.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

One of the most legendary and greatest live performances ever.  Queen, at their absolute peak, in front of the largest audience ever (72,000 in attendance at Wembley plus an estimated 1.5 BILLION watching live on TV) hitting a grand slam.

This is probably my favorite live performance of any band I've ever seen in a video. I remember seeing this on TV when I was younger. It was a huge event and Queen stole the show from some of the biggest names in the biz. Wish I'd been there.

Magic this is.

I can't name a best guitarist ever, a best band ever, a best drummer ever, and so on. I certainly have a short list for them all though. I can however name the best frontman ever:

Freddie Mercury.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

So, I just watched the above video again for the who knows how many timeth, and was promptly inspired to break out my Live Aid DVDs. Thanks Keyrock. You changed the trajectory of my evening towards a much more rockin one than it likely otherwise would have been.

On the Live Aid DvDs: can't recommend them enough. Sadly the video quality is lacking on many of the performances (it really wasn't mastered well), but the music quality is there on almost all of them. And there were many great performances at Live Aid. It's arguable that Live Aid was the pinnacle of live concert events so far in modern recorded history.

While looking at the lineup a few moments ago while deciding which DvD I'd start listening to, it occurred to me that there's not enough U2 in this tread. So here:

Also, not enough Madonna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2LUnbH_0kw

Really, get your hands on these DvDs. You will be glad you did. Youtube is missing a lot.

• Like 1

Live Aid was incredible.  I wish I could have been there in person, at either location (Wembley and JFK Stadium), but I'm glad I at least got to see it live as it happened.  I was 9, so I didn't fully understand just how rare and special an event this was at the time, but I understood enough that I knew I was watching something memorable taking place. 

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I watched this live with my parents on TV as a 9 year old child.  I still remember it clearly and it still brings me to tears every time.

That clip never gets old. I'd say in particular that that was singularly the best live performance of Radio Ga Ga...ever.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Guys listen to this, its a remix of Goldfish Moonwalk Away. Its brilliant but it is a dance song just so you know

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Now listening to Motley Crue The Saints of Los Angeles

very loudly too

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

35 years ago today, this was #1 on the U.S. Billboard charts. It's one of a small handful of instrumentals to ever reach the top spot and to this day Herb Alpert is the only artist to ever reach #1 with both an instrumental performance and a vocal performance.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

35 years ago today, this was #1 on the U.S. Billboard charts. It's one of a small handful of instrumentals to ever reach the top spot and to this day Herb Alpert is the only artist to ever reach #1 with both an instrumental performance and a vocal performance.

Pretty groovy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5PxE9mDCGg

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Who says American public television doesn't rock ... Austin City Limits on right now, featuring NIN. Does Austria get PBS, Woldan, if you're watching. It's a real jam, with backup singers, electric guitars, bass, and keyboards. Awesome. Almost like NIN R&B. 

All Stop. On Screen.