Chris Avellone PoE Novella

Same as topic but i have few questions has he ever start it or it will be done like his play of Arcanum you know doing it for sometime then saying that it not that good and we will end with nothing. If it written then i want to know on which stage is it alpha, beta or is it finished.

PS. Sorry for bad English.

PS2. What the hell happen to Arcanum played be Chris Avellone.

Don't know if he has started with the novella but I know he has said he actually enjoyed Arcanum:

@therealdanhall Don't hate Arcanum at all. I don't like the interface or dlg logic chains but I like the world, quests, & am having fun.

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/401390650697859072

And the reason he hasn't completed his playthrough yet is because he has been... well, busy.

I too am very interested in reading the Novella, however I regard it as the appetiser of Poe, something to awaken and whet ones appetite before the main feast, like those great old Ultima manuals. As regards Arcanum I expect the gentleman will get to it in time, but I also fully expect him to quit howling in fury at the Black Mountain. However the first few playthroughs were hilarious and personally I regard them as enough to have satisfied that commitment, though it's a shame that he may not see the great things the game offers later on, Torian Kel, the meeting with Arronax upon the Morbihan, the king of Cumbria, the Persuasion quests denouement, the Dwarven philosophy, the Silver Lady of Qintarra etcetera.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

being in the middle of writing something myself... i suspect he's gotten a fair amount done on it, but it isn't like you can just wave your hand and have a book written. or just sit down all at once and have it done either. it takes time, and a lot more effort than those who don't write would ever suspect. 

he also has the WL2 one that was actually a prior commitment to this one... so he's writing more than one at a time as well... complicates matters just a smidge.

Edited by Madzookeeper

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

being in the middle of writing something myself... i suspect he's gotten a fair amount done on it, but it isn't like you can just wave your hand and have a book written. or just sit down all at once and have it done either. it takes time, and a lot more effort than those who don't write would ever suspect. 

he also has the WL2 one that was actually a prior commitment to this one... so he's writing more than one at a time as well... complicates matters just a smidge.

Then CA needs to put the sticky down, say "no" to a few cameras & Kickstarters and get writing.  *whip crack*