PS3 Anal Probe Button mashing issue ( minor spoilers)

Docdizzyd

Question

I just beat Jimmy the Bard and went home to sleep. I'm stuck at the part where (spoiler ahead) the aliens are trying to ram the black **** up my ass. I mash x as fast as possible i cant get anywhere over 75% of the bar full. Im going crazy trying to get it. I have adjusted the settings to casual and i still can not mash fast enough. What can I do to beat this? I need help I'm losing my mind!!!!!

8 answers to this question

I feel ya, i've tried all kinds of suggested program, hotkey, some other one to slow down game, tried macros and can't get any of them to work in the game. 
Does anyone know of a workaround? I bought it as a DL from steam so it may just be taking up space soon. Its too bad i was really enjoying it, even with the glitches, burps and f#@ts. Any help would be appreciated.

Even bought an xbox controller to see if could run it that way, but it will work for just about every thing EXCEPT Stick.

Hopefully someone out there will hear all this and soften the 'assault'.

Happy Day Y'all.

Yep, as a PS3 player myself I can attest that the button mashing sequence it unnecessarily f****** difficult. It took me something like half an hour to get past it the first time and over 10 minutes the second time. Heading into my fifth playthrough I hate the thought that I'll have to deal with that sequence again. 

1zq6793.jpg

Yep, as a PS3 player myself I can attest that the button mashing sequence it unnecessarily f****** difficult. It took me something like half an hour to get past it the first time and over 10 minutes the second time. Heading into my fifth playthrough I hate the thought that I'll have to deal with that sequence again.

agree. This is taking way too long to get fixed.

I'm stuck on the anal probe button mashing part. This is the problem on the PS3 version. The white one I can get past normally but the black one is glitched and no matter how hard or how fast I press I can't fill the bar up. Can you please release a patch for this. I heard some ppl say to vibrate your arm to make you push faster so if anyone has any tips on that let me know

Have you tried using your index finger to poke the button at a faster rate? I don't think doing it with your thumb will work well. It's something I do when I need to mash buttons in a game.

This^^^

Yep, the sequence is too difficult to complete normally. I had to adapt as well to survive this sequence....the thumb is too inaccurate and too slow for me to get this because you have to press the button really fast and you really cannot afford to miss any button press or to have your finger slip.

1zq6793.jpg

agree. This is taking way too long to get fixed.

Not really, it's taking a normal amount of time to get fixed. Patches take time to develop, it's too costly and too time consuming for them to put out a patch for every individual issue as is for any game. This is why patches are few and months apart but usually each patch will solve a large variety of issues, usually hundreds. This certainly is an annoyance and I can understand how it can be a game stopper for many and that's a pity but the fact is we aren't likely to see a patch for at least a month or two and it's not really possible for Obsidian to get one out to us any sooner. All that can really be said here is that this game is amazing and definitely worth the pain to get past this sequence or the wait for the patch if this really is a game stopper for you.

1zq6793.jpg