Where are all these friends?!

I'm almost done my second play through, and each time I've missed out on having the maximum number of friends.  The best I've been able to do is 102 friends.

I could understand missing this by about 1 or 2 characters, but I'm missing almost 20 friends despite the fact I've done all the main and side quests, and gone inside all the buildings you're able to go inside.  I just can't seem to find these extra friends.

Has anyone been able to max this out yet?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You'll find a piece of paper on the floor in Stan's room. On it are "directions". If you follow them in the Lost Forest, it will lead you to an opportunity to pick up about 10 in one shot. Some of the others are easy to miss (buying something from Stan's mom at Tom's Rhinoplasty, for example). There are several online guides to help with the onesy-twosy friends that are hard to find.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Most I got was 111. I know one friend I missed (Chinpokomon Toy Corporation), and Clyde doesn't show on your list if you friended him in the beginning, but that still left me with 9 unaccounted for.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Make sure you finish the Kindergartener's Hide and Seek quest. You should also try to find the Woodland Critters in the Lost Forest. Someone made a guide on Steam that shows where all the friends are. Here is the link (MAJOR spoilers):

I wonder if I had an issue with the checkpoint saving, because I had all of the friends on the list except the Chinpokomon company.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Make sure you finish the Kindergartener's Hide and Seek quest. You should also try to find the Woodland Critters in the Lost Forest. Someone made a guide on Steam that shows where all the friends are. Here is the link (MAJOR spoilers):

I wonder if I had an issue with the checkpoint saving, because I had all of the friends on the list except the Chinpokomon company.

I've read of others having similar issues, except with disappearing items. I believe the cause of this was insufficient disk space.

Another theory is that you didn't reach a new checkpoint before exiting the game. Thus when you reopened the game, it loaded the most recent checkpoint, which might account for the missing friends. I always try to use the quick-travel system before leaving the game. This usually triggers a quicksave. Lookout for the Wellington Bear tape recorder icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This is the save icon.

Save icon:

post-96887-0-40555100-1394853514_thumb.jpg

post-96887-0-40555100-1394853514_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shirobon

hehe, so did I. 

I entered the police station early on, did a bit of exploring, assumed I'd be sent back there for a quest at some point, and promptly forgot that the building existed.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

hehe, so did I. 

I entered the police station early on, did a bit of exploring, assumed I'd be sent back there for a quest at some point, and promptly forgot that the building existed.

I should have realized there'd be something later on, though.  Because when you click on the dialogue icon to talk to that cop who gives you the quest later on, he says something to the effect of "I've got nothing for you at the moment..", suggesting he will at some point.

I just didn't bother checking back since I'd already cleaned out the police station of all loot prior to the point when the quest becomes available.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 8 months later...

First game; 118 here... :/

Missed Ike (why doesn't he add in the park) and killed the bishop... oops.

Also seemed to miss 1 weapon in the school, which I cannot get back too... aaargh.

Oh well, for the next game then... :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee