Stuck in bathroom sequence after PTA meeting

dallas88314

Question

Initially I'm told to tap down on the left joystick twice and then up on the left, a lot of times I fail the first step.  I ALWAYS fail the second step.  I've tried everything, and I've done this over 100 times.  Is my game broken??

20 answers to this question

No it's just a very stupid training.  Hold down the right joystick.  The meter will come up.  Look for a small triangle around the outer edge of the meter.  Rotate it with the right joystick untill the lines inside are very wavy.  Then push the left joystick up.  Seriously, whoever designed these training sessions should have someone fart on his balls.

• Like 1

The meter and/or triangle never appear.  it's just the joysticks at the top of the screen :ermm:

Then Randy says "Kee yah!!  you call that farting on someone?  Try again."  I've heard this so many times I've had to mute the TV

Edited by dallas88314

Oh, you're at the first part of the training.  Yeah that one is stupid too.  I think I got past that one by holding the right stick down, moving the left stick until it rumbles and then pushing up.  I also muted the computer so I didn't have to keep listening to Randy.  Good luck!

Edited by bigfatdan

Initially I'm told to tap down on the left joystick twice and then up on the left, a lot of times I fail the first step.  I ALWAYS fail the second step.  I've tried everything, and I've done this over 100 times.  Is my game broken??

This should be done with the Right Joystick only. And all you have to do is press down once, then up once. Nothing more. Hope that helps.

Twitter: @robyatadero

This should be done with the Right Joystick only. And all you have to do is press down once, then up once. Nothing more. Hope that helps.

That's how it *should* work, but it doesn't. I had this issue on my 2nd playthough on PS3. It kept failing no matter what I did. I finally passed it by shaking the right stick from half way up to down repeatedly, never going all the way up.

1zq6793.jpg

Every fart is learned the exact same way, there is no precision timing to any of them... they are all learned in the same fashion with the same exact timing as the others.

I had this exact same problem until I realized, just wait for the game to tell you what to do and obey it.

Every fart is learned the same way but they are used differently once you're on the world map.

TRAINING:

The game tells you to hold R-Stick Down.

-> Hold the R-Stick Down.

Then it tells you to use the L-Stick to find the frequency.

-> Find the proper frequency with the L-Stick by having the controller rumble and visualize the wavy lines on the screen.

-> Continue to hold the R-Stick Down and the L-Stick in the proper spot.

Then the game will tell you to press R-Stick up to release the fart you've been holding.

-> Press R-Stick Up.

Done.

Don't try to get ahead of the game, these training sessions are nothing more than pseudo mini games designed to make the player feel a sense of accomplishment.

They take ZERO skill to complete, just patience to sit through the annoying prompts.

Squeaky Sneaker (Randy's fart) is incredibly misleading as he tells you to fart BEHIND him, so once the fart travels past him most players start to panic and think they did something wrong...

Not the case at all, the game is just tricking you.

The fart MUST land on the floor to the far left and you must wait about 1 or 2 seconds, just like every other fart training, until the game prompts you to press R-Stick Up.

Hope that helps.

Every fart is learned the exact same way, there is no precision timing to any of them... they are all learned in the same fashion with the same exact timing as the others.

I had this exact same problem until I realized, just wait for the game to tell you what to do and obey it.

Every fart is learned the same way but they are used differently once you're on the world map.

TRAINING:

The game tells you to hold R-Stick Down.

-> Hold the R-Stick Down.

Then it tells you to use the L-Stick to find the frequency.

-> Find the proper frequency with the L-Stick by having the controller rumble and visualize the wavy lines on the screen.

-> Continue to hold the R-Stick Down and the L-Stick in the proper spot.

Then the game will tell you to press R-Stick up to release the fart you've been holding.

-> Press R-Stick Up.

Done.

Don't try to get ahead of the game, these training sessions are nothing more than pseudo mini games designed to make the player feel a sense of accomplishment.

They take ZERO skill to complete, just patience to sit through the annoying prompts.

Squeaky Sneaker (Randy's fart) is incredibly misleading as he tells you to fart BEHIND him, so once the fart travels past him most players start to panic and think they did something wrong...

Not the case at all, the game is just tricking you.

The fart MUST land on the floor to the far left and you must wait about 1 or 2 seconds, just like every other fart training, until the game prompts you to press R-Stick Up.

Hope that helps.

I understand all that....and I also know for a fact that the bathroom fart sequence can become bugged. I just had this issue yesterday where I had two analog sticks display at the top of the screen but the oval shape with the frequency didn't display nor did the arrow that told me where I was in relation to it. As Roby(a dev) pointed above it's the bit where you're only supposed to use the right analog stick(when you try to fart on Randy) so the screen display is off by showing two and the directions are broken too.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

man, finally got it to work.  thanks guys.  you don't even use the left sick, you just hold the right one down then push it up

everyone is getting hung up on the second bit, I had no issues with that, it was the very first sequence where it shows you to use the left stick first, then the right (there is no meter present for this) you have to only use the right stick to get past it

Edited by dallas88314

man, finally got it to work.  thanks guys.  you don't even use the left sick, you just hold the right one down then push it up

everyone is getting hung up on the second bit, I had no issues with that, it was the very first sequence where it shows you to use the left stick first, then the right (there is no meter present for this) you have to only use the right stick to get past it

Yes, but for me at least the right stick was not working. If I pulled it down and pushed up it would fail, if I tried to hold it down for a bit to charge it would fail and on and on and on. It took me something like 10 minutes just trying all sorts of things out before getting passed. What ended up getting me through the sequence was just pushing the right stick from the center down and back to the center repeatedly(must've been 5 or 6 times in quick succession) without ever pushing up.

It is worth noting I did some unusual things here: after the cutscene at the PTA I didn't walk up to the table immediately to place the "**** the Conformists" sign and get the cutscene with Randy, it was my second playthrough so I forgot about and went directly to the bathroom(where there was no Randy and I was wondering why I wasn't being trained) and then I left the PTA building to do some other quest and then came back and finally got on with it. Not sure if any of this confused the game and the sequence didn't load right or what but it definitely was not working like it should with the right analog stick and I was definitely comfortable with all the game's commands by this point.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

I had to start out by holding it half-way down (before it said to do anything) then hold it all the way down, wait for the left stick to sparkle, then press the right one up.  very simple, but the in-game instructions are completely botched

This particular fart training was the most annoying one in the entire game.  Particularly because when you actually use the fart in the game, it's nowhere near as awkward as the controls are during the tutorial.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah, I have to chime in with my support with what the others are saying. This was easily the most frustrating part of the game. After 4 playthroughs, I got pretty good at the other tutorials, but this one still feels like a lot of luck is needed. I know that it isn't easy to make a change to something that already there, but hopefully something can be done in a future patch. Love the game regardless.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

i tried this Quest on the Computer Version, i move the Fart behind him, but nothing happens, the right mouse button should appear and be pressed, but he doesnt appear and pressing him will show "FAILED" and nothin g sparkles or anything. i had like 100 tries so far and then quit.

The art for this first part shows two Joysticks, both with an "R" on them which is meant to mean you do the shown sequence with the Right stick only.

Just to be clear here as well since people are talking about two different parts to this scene, this is in reference to the very first part where Randy is showing you he can deflect your basic magic attack.

The second part of this scene is where you actually do the Sneaky Squeaker. This is different and has the different control scheme (with the frequency meter).

With the controller, you hold down on the Right stick, then tune the frequency by holding Left on the Left Stick (notice the white arrow on the frequency meter), then you press Up on the Right stick when the prompt displays to do so.

With the Keyboard, hold Right Click, then you hold A to tune the frequency one way and D to tune it the other way. You want to get the white arrow on the outside of the frequency meter to point left. Once you have it there, don't press A or D anymore. Then Left-Click when the prompt displays to do so.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Twitter: @robyatadero

The art for this first part shows two Joysticks, both with an "R" on them which is meant to mean you do the shown sequence with the Right stick only.

Just to be clear here as well since people are talking about two different parts to this scene, this is in reference to the very first part where Randy is showing you he can deflect your basic magic attack.

The second part of this scene is where you actually do the Sneaky Squeaker. This is different and has the different control scheme (with the frequency meter).

With the controller, you hold down on the Right stick, then tune the frequency by holding Left on the Left Stick (notice the white arrow on the frequency meter), then you press Up on the Right stick when the prompt displays to do so.

With the Keyboard, hold Right Click, then you hold A to tune the frequency one way and D to tune it the other way. You want to get the white arrow on the outside of the frequency meter to point left. Once you have it there, don't press A or D anymore. Then Left-Click when the prompt displays to do so.

Hope that helps.

The second part with the frequency is very easy because it works as displayed but the first part just doesn't work properly. And why display the right stick twice rather than simply once telling us when to press down and when to push up similar to the one with the frequency but without the left stick? It failed me dozens of times and became plain frustrating, appears broken.....I tried pushing down and then up with all sorts of wait periods and nothing worked. I finally passed it without even going up with the left analog stick. If there's a way to patch this and the insanely difficult button mashing sequences please do. 

1zq6793.jpg