[PC] Infinite loading after releasing Craig at school

Karuyo

Question

Hi, i play on PC (Steam version) and i have an infinite loading  after releasing Craig at school. I have a first loading screen with school in background and a second loading screen without backgroung who looping.

I have already tried switching my buddy with an other, leave school then back in, unplug my xbox gamepad, disable my second screen, run as administrator, load an old save (before entering school) and i still have infinite loading at end of this mission.

My game is updated with the last ~140MB patch.

My save file is in attached files.

Please help me, i want to continue that game.

Thanks

Save Slot 001.zip

12 answers to this question

Hi, i play on PC (Steam version) and i have an infinite loading  after releasing Craig at school. I have a first loading screen with school in background and a second loading screen without backgroung who looping.
I have already tried switching my buddy with an other, leave school then back in, unplug my xbox gamepad, disable my second screen, run as administrator, load an old save (before entering school) and i still have infinite loading at end of this mission.

My game is updated with the last ~140MB patch.

My save file is in attached files.

Please help me, i want to continue that game.
Thanks

Thank you for the save game.

Did you happen to trigger the gnome or alien probe sequences already? If so, what were you doing to get grounded by your parents? It looks like you're game is saved as in book 2, not book 1 like it should be at this point of the game.

Can you please paste the contents of build_version.txt to me? It can be found here in your steam installation folder in the following location:

SteamApps\common\South Park - The Stick of Truth\

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

Yes i already had the alien probe sequence. If i remember correctly, my parents scolded me while i was lost in the forest. And during night, Aliens caught me. Strange thing, my brother who also have the game told me it's not normal that i was with my buddy during this sequence. Butters was with me on the map but not in fight.

The save bug is appeared before the last ~140MB update.

My current build_version.txt is 1361--2014-03-06_08-33PM 

From QA:

Was it night time in the forest when you were captured? Or did you notice that it was night time in your bedroom when you were grounded?

Were you actually captured in the forest or did you leave the lost forest and then get captured in the city?

Do you remember if you entered the lost forest from? The school entrance? the farm? Kenny's house? Near U-Store It? Skeeters bar? 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

I'm not 100% sure that was in the forest, i already was captured by my parents few times but when i had the alien probe sequence i think that was in the forest and i entered from the east. Near a transport flag, therefore from kenny's house or the U-Store it.

I realized it was night once at home, I could not get out and I needed go to sleep.

I'm not certain of all of that, this is not the kind of detail that I'm careful. But i think that was that.

I'm stuck in the same place on Xbox 360.

I was strolling around the woods when my parents turned up and grounded me, I had long since done the Alien Abduction (what little there is of it on console...) when I tried to go to the school.

I remember getting grounded a second time too, no clue why.

Anyway, I cannot progress at all regardless of swapping characters, changing saves etc. It's annoying, games are too expensive to ship outright broken. Bugs are one thing, broken completely is another.

Tinfish - what country is your game for?

Perhaps this bug has cropped up due to the censoring of the Abduction (I don't know, but the more information you can provide it might help if one of the Dev's visits).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

PAL (UK)

I am replaying the game with a new class and this time I have avoided abduction, I also got through the school with no issues.

So the only difference between it working and not working seems to be A; I wasn't abducted this playthrough and B; I;m a Mage now, not a Thief.

I suspect the abduction has something to do with it, I also got a cutscene on approaching the school where I look through the window, that I do not recall seeing the first time.

If you go through the woods and get "lost" your parents find you and send you to your room (and you can leave without issue in my experience).

Also when a day "ends" if you try to wander around your parents will find you, send you to your room and that night will trigger.

It sounds like the former is mistakenly triggering a flag that is associated with the later creating a game that thinks you're in day 2 despite you being in day 1. Since Mr. Burke was asking about which path you took into the lost woods, there may be some issue caused by how you get lost in the woods - do you remember how you got lost?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sadly not :D I "think" I went in past the delivery van with the bum in it. I ran about in circles for ages and did infact get properly lost.

This playthrough I went through the school and continued along the path until I met the Bard. No issues at all so far.

On the game that crashed, I had him as a party member, I think you are right in that in some cases the game is confusing days (I had actually slept twice in the broken save). And I shouldn't have had him as a party member as he hadn't been introduced in the first game, so something clearly went very wrong in that one.

In this one I wasn't grounded till after I did the Bard thing, now I am off to see the Aliens. In the previous save I already met them long before I went to the school, so that appears to be the issue, just need to know when it will infact be safe to go to the woods. I need to head there at some point.

I managed to run into another problem for some reason, my saves don't work properly anymore, or at least not "as they used to".

I ran off to see a guy and bought some things from him, made 2 saves and quit. Reloading the game I was in another place in the map and hadn't bought the things from the guy yet.

Now when I save after an upgrade and then reload, I am taken back to the last Autosave (Which does appear to work fine) But manual saves aint happening for me :D