[Bug] After you wear a David Hasselhoff face

Walletkeys

Question

First time around, I got a David Hasselhoff plastic surgery and completed the game like that. Sadly when you get that face you can no longer see beards, tattoos or hats.

Now I've re-rolled and started again. To my surprise, I cannot see any beards, tattoos or hats on my new character. Just his standard face.

This to me, is a long term bug that needs to be addressed. What's the point in collecting all the flair if I can't use them? 

I rerolled more characters to check it out, and it's sadly the same for me. :(

8 answers to this question

In one of the other threads, I mentioned that I had to delete my save folder in order to resolve the issue. Since the OP already exited and restarted the game (Obsidian's suggestion), that may be required here as well.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

In one of the other threads, I mentioned that I had to delete my save folder in order to resolve the issue. Since the OP already exited and restarted the game (Obsidian's suggestion), that may be required here as well.

Hi Achillies. None of the work arounds are fixing my issues. I've restarted. Made multiple new characters. All are bugged.

I will most likely delete my save game files. No need for Hasselhoff now I have the achievement. Cheers.

Thank you LadyCrimson. I am glad they are working on it.

To clarify, I deleted the entire folder (I'm on the PC version). If you're also playing via PC, the folder will be re-created the next time you start the game. If you're playing on one of the consoles, well, then I hope deleting the save files is sufficient. 

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So I found a way to solve this - it works with any character regardless new or old.
Simply take the operation again to become Hoff, then remove it with the 1$ operation.

This will revert the character back to it's original state.
I confirmed that the change also works for any new character you will create.

Since this face is tied to an achievement its possible that the Hoff's face is a global variable for the entire game and can be set on and off only by taking/removing the procedure.

This glitch gets even worse. You not only are able to see your flair or head equipment the second time around, but it also prevents game progression on Recruiting a specific group of characters located behind the school. Even though you are wearing the flair and equipment they requested from the hobo, they will not recognize you wearing the attire. Started numerous new games, but to no avail. The only way I found worked was to uninstall the game, and reinstall it (I have it on 360). Then when starting a new game, the flair shows when customized. But the game you currently have, unfortunately until a patch is placed, you cannot progress.

...or you could try one or two the known fixes discussed in this thread.