What about Germany?

Hi all,

yesterday I bought the game of South Park, and happy to be almost there to play it......I discover that I'm owning it just in a pre-load version!!
After a fast research in the web I discovered that in Germany and Austria the release date wasn't the same as in the rest of Europe for some unconstitutional reason??!!@@ 
Anybody can give more words about it?will I receive a cut version of the game?and when?

My bests
Silas

(If I'm posting in the wrong place I apologize, I'm new in the community)

The story, as far as i know, is as follows: someone messed up with removing nazi swastikas from the game.

Retail stores received console discs with the swastikas still in place, so everyone went in to BS panic mode,

to rectify this dire situation.

There's a law that it's unconstitutional to display nazi symbols except in art pieces, but video games are not considered art.

And a South Park game surely would be much less so... :p

The thing that really riles me up, though, is that UBISOFT can't even commit to a new release date.

Never mind the fact that they hate PC users because apparantly we are all pirates and criminals...

Anyway, much like Mrs. Cartman, we Germans got ****ed.

I think video games are a form of art, and The Stick of Truth should be no exception. That said, other countries have their laws. So, I suppose Germany and Austria will get the game when new copies are distributed, which shouldn't be taking that long for a digital release.

• Like 1

Well, the digital distribution will take just as long as the physical distribution,

because the otherwise brick and mortar retail stores would get their panties in a bunch.

Thanks to that, and traditions like "we only release games on thursday!",

we still have two different release dates for US and EU, for any game.

I've seen this happen for purely digitally distributed games, where it makes no sense at all.

But I guess, as long as they insist that the internet has oceans,

other people will continue to sail them in a less than gentlemanly manner, if you catch my drift. :dancing:

Not me though, I preordered the Stick through GMG, got my key, redeemed it, and hours later

the whole Germany gets delayed thing comes up. Not happy. I hope someone gets fired over this.

Angela Merkel?

Angie's not to blame for the bull**** that is the Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien. This thoroughly retarded government body dates back to 1954 and has been providing well paying job for abject failures in life for the past sixty years.

Note: I am aware that shooting Nazis falls under the purview of a different law, but any opportunity is good to hammer the BfjM.

Edited by Tagaziel

German bureocracy is best bureocracy.

Best at being the worst.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

• 3 weeks later...

The German politicans didn't ask to cencor the game... It was Ubisofts decision, because of laws. Also the Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien can't censor games. They can just decide to put them on the index. The publishers or developers (in this case the publishers) decided to censor the game because of German laws. In movies you can see the swastika because movies counted as art. Compuer Games are gray zone. It's not cleare and debated if they are art or not. Many people think they could blame the politicans for this... But this isn't true. Mostly the developers or publishers decide this to give there games a lower age limit so they get more buyers.

The German politicans didn't ask to cencor the game... It was Ubisofts decision, because of laws. Also the Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien can't censor games. They can just decide to put them on the index. The publishers or developers (in this case the publishers) decided to censor the game because of German laws. In movies you can see the swastika because movies counted as art. Compuer Games are gray zone. It's not cleare and debated if they are art or not. Many people think they could blame the politicans for this... But this isn't true. Mostly the developers or publishers decide this to give there games a lower age limit so they get more buyers.

if it's true

where did you know that??

There's apparently a single Nazi joke in the game and the government rushed to prevent your malleable mind from being inspired to invade Poland and make France surrender because of it.

They mentioned it once, but they thought they got away with it.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• 3 weeks later...