I've built a time machine...where do you want to go?

BruceVC

must I choose? can't I say "everything"?

I'd like so see Persia during the Sassanid and Ghazvanid periods. I want to get my Arabian nights on.

I'd like to see India during their golden age of the Gupta Empire, and I'd like to see it again during the Mughal Empire.

I'd love to explore pre-Inca South America, visit the sun and moon temples in what is now Chile, see Machu Picchu during it's heyday

I'd like to visit China during the Tang and Ming dynasties

I'd love to see Pre-Christian Britain, Likewise I'd live to see the Viking river empire in eastern Europe which is memory serves was around the same time.

I'd be remiss if I didn't want to see the seven wonders of the ancient world being built, including the hanging gardens and the pyramids.

I'd like to see the ancient African empires, including the one in what is now Ethiopia with a stone city allegedly rivalling Rome.

Visit Easter Island and the Hendersons before their societies collapsed.

South Spain during the rule of the Muslims, visit Granada, Cordoba, and Valencia. Likewise I'd want to go across the Byzantine Empire around 600, right before most of it was lost. Italy during the renaissance.

I'd like to learn the stretches of the Greek Empire before writing, there's some evidence suggesting it was vast. (So not ancient Greece, but Minoan and pre Minoan society.)

I'd love to meet the Buddha (if he existed), Leonardo Da Vinci, my grandfather, my father when he was my age, Nietzsche, Bertrand Russell Charles Darwin during his voyage on the Beagle... oh man

the list just goes on.

Thats an impressive list, nice one :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Last tuesday, nice piece of gammon for tea.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I was a bit disappointed to find out this was just theoretical and Bruce hadn't actually physically built a time machine.

Anyway, I would definitely like to go back and see the seven wonders of the ancient world in their full glory, particularly the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and the Colossus of Rhodes.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I want to see the Big Bang.

That would kinda be impossible, given that there was no time before the Big Bang, therefore nothing before to return to witness it.

Maybe you could return DURING it, but it would be beyond fatal.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I would travel back in time with the greatest Special Effect Holywood could produce, the finest of costumes from the finest of materials known to man and science.

Then when I descend in my elaborate (and incredibly shiny) armor wielding a flaming sword, backed by angelic music blasting from hidden speakers, I'd declare myself King of the World.

With my knowledge of advanced agriculture, medicine, metallurgy, etc, I'd become a walking god even without that, but hey.... gotta have drama.

And traveling to the future?

There is only one destination. The 40'th millenium!

Edited by TrashMan

Boy will you be disappointed when you find out the Big Bang was a hoax and faked, just like the moon landing.

:wowey:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That would kinda be impossible, given that there was no time before the Big Bang, therefore nothing before to return to witness it.

Maybe you could return DURING it, but it would be beyond fatal.

It seems likely you could witness the Big Bang from the 'outside', if this multiverse thing is accurate. Probably not much different from watching infinite soap bubbles. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I'd take the time machine back to just before Bruce invented it and then stop him from inventing it to prevent him from altering the past. Which would in effect be altering the past I guess.

But in all seriousness I'd like to see Rome at it's high point. I'd love to have a talk with the folks at the Philadelphia Convention in 1787 to give them some insight as to what was coming and see if they want to make any changes. I'd love to split a bottle of good whiskey with Hemingway in a run down tavern in Havana in 1935. Last but not least I'd like to go back to Bonefish Grill in Coral Springs, Florida on September 29, 1995 and stop myself from asking out the woman who would later become my ex-wife. I'd be doing us BOTH a sold. 

Oh yeah, one more thing... dinosaurs. Not optional, must see.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I would like to visit every women's changing room PRIVATE PARTS since they invented changing rooms BEGINNING OF TIME. Every. SIngle. One.

Improved.

Would love to visit Rome around 10-200AD and Byzantium in the years before 1200 and the fourth crusade.

Then India around 240BC to met Ashoka, the warrior conquerer turned peaceful Buddhist emperor - much like Marcus Aurelius from our corner of the world - who I'd love to meet as well of course.

Greece during the Peloponnese wars, particularly the streets of Athens under the siege.. :)

And China during the Warring States Period, meeting many famous politicians, generals and philosophers that came out of the conflicts... Then hop to the Sengoku period to see it mirrored in a Japanese setting.

and Paris in the 1930's to round up the trip..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

So I am the only selfish prick who would go back in time to bitch slap myself from doing few things?!

There's some things if I could do them over, I might do them differently. And yet, there's some truth to the idea that if you changed those things, your life now would be different because of the ripples. And I like my life as it is now. So yeah...for me personally, I probably wouldn't at this point. :)
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sure the idea might appeal more to those with lots of regrets, since change isn't necessary good, but even if you wake up every morning happy, energetic and with butterflies in your stomach like you just fell in love, I bet there are still at least couple missed opportunities that you might be intrigued to explore ;)

So I am the only selfish prick who would go back in time to bitch slap myself from doing few things?!

There's some things if I could do them over, I might do them differently. And yet, there's some truth to the idea that if you changed those things, your life now would be different because of the ripples. And I like my life as it is now. So yeah...for me personally, I probably wouldn't at this point. :)

Like Max says  "There are no choices. Nothing but a straight line. The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask 'Why me?' and 'What if?' when you look back, see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or a forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions."

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra