Release in Austria

I pre-ordered South Park on Steam. However, as probably everyone knows the game has been delayed / cancelled for Germany and Austria. Why Austria is involved is beyond my understanding. Usually the Germans buy the games from Austria because of their censorship. There hasn't been any announcement about a release yet and the time runs out where I can cancel my credit card payment. Ubi doesn't even have a forum, nor do they release any information.

So in short: I / We bought a game we didn't receive. Not even in its censored form. The date has been changed from 6th March 2014 to March 2014 to 2014. I'm getting suspicious that I / we won't be able to play the game at all and that my / our money is lost.

So it would be really very nice if you could shed some light about when the game will be released here, if at all. Otherwise I'll cancel my credit card payment and buy a different game. It's not about censorship anymore, it's about even receiving what I paid for while the rest of the world already plays the game.

Thank you very much.

I pre-ordered South Park on Steam. However, as probably everyone knows the game has been delayed / cancelled for Germany and Austria. Why Austria is involved is beyond my understanding.

The game has been delayed because your country has banned the public display of swastikas.

Edited by Ubichiottes

I pre-ordered South Park on Steam. However, as probably everyone knows the game has been delayed / cancelled for Germany and Austria. Why Austria is involved is beyond my understanding.

The game has been delayed because your country has banned the public display of swastikas.

Video games are not public display.

It's a shame that Obsidian and Ubisoft still think that Austria is part of Germany.

We can legally buy many games with these symbols, like all the Wolfensteins, Brother in Arms, some CoD-versions, and nobody cares. And the law is not forbidding the usage of the symbols in videogames the way they are being used in the afformentioned games and South Park.

You should feel bad for protecting the Nazis from parody. I'm embarrased for you and disturbed by this behavior.