Donating Two Memorial Stones to the Community

... all for fun :)

Exactly. And if people are feeling uncreative, use this chance to be so.

After all, you can't tar and feather someone via a keyboard.

Mr Sawyer was before the court

The charge, murder one

And it was plain to see

Had no regret what he had done

"He asked for it" he growled

Leaning over the body

That damn reporter

Called my pikmin, a teletubby

(In regards to this article on the 17 Dec 2012)

"If found, please return to K.S. Necromancer & Sons"

------

"Here lies Barth Jarg, beloved Husband and Lawyer

-The management of this plot accept no liability, whatsoever,

for any injury or other loss as a result of this protruding gravestone.

By walking across, dancing on or otherwise interacting with this plot,

you accept all responsibility for personal wellbeing and the wellbeing

of others in your group."

------

"Here lies the Death of RPGs

- turn handle to make me roll - only 35 silver a go!"

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

So you can only read the messages if you have a special in-game ring? I didn't know that. I assume the ring is only available to those that donated to that tier?

That was said in update 16 on Oct 6, though checking the current statement on KS, it doesn't mention the batman decoder ring.

Given the KS was closed 17 Oct maybe they removed it.

I hope so, or at least the ring being a plot item for something else with reading memorials being a bonus.

That's horrible.

As thy gaze rests upon this cold slab of stone,

This life can make one chilled and weary to the bone,

My tale was of pure devotion – of love and of fate,

This girl laid gently below – My precious wife Kate,

Through her I found passion,

Through her I found lust,

Through her I found a mate,

One who will keep me straight,

Her smile is so kind,

Her body and charm radiate,

Of course I mean Sarah,

Best friend of my Kate,

I'd like to wrap this up tomorrow afternoon.  Since no one has offered suggestions on how to select ideas, I guess that leaves it up to me.  The only thing I've come up with is that I choose one idea I liked in particular and that person selects someone else -- sort of a gift/curse type of thing.  :biggrin:    If anyone has a better idea, please offer a suggestion.

Since I doubt Obsidian will be doing anything with the surveys over the weekend, it would allow the contributors time to edit/alter any last minute thoughts before I send them off Monday.

I sent a question to Customer Support to clarify who will have access to the decoder ring and how it's obtained (redemption code/quest/etc.).  I'll let everyone know if I get a response.  Thanks again for taking the time to share your creative side.

• Like 2

I'd like to wrap this up tomorrow afternoon.  Since no one has offered suggestions on how to select ideas, I guess that leaves it up to me.

I vote Thunderdome. I'm not sure we can put that together in time, though, so, as a plan B, maybe we could simply have a vote?

It's very likely that we aren't going to require a ring to view the stones. I would rather we spend the time that would be required for a decoder ring system on our other systems.

If I may... you needn't necessarily kill the decoder ring (I understand if the resources are just better spent elsewhere, but... for what it's worth...). Simply put it somewhere in everyone's gameworld, as a quest or what-have-you, and have all the memorial stones be in the remains of what was once some specific civilization/village's graveyard or something. If people are interested in reading them, they can find the ring (it doesn't have to be some huge ordeal. Just, plain ole content just like any other quest/thing in the game).

Maybe the people who backed at those tiers can start with the ring, due to an exclusive background or something ("this was passed down through your family," etc.).

*les shruggles*

Just a thought. The main issue seems to be that "you get to have your own custom engraved stone in the game!" seems to be a bit diluted by "and like 100 people might actually get to read it! 8D!". It's probably more than 100, but, I think you're pickin' up what I'm putting down. :)

Okay, as for the stones... I dunno if it's even possible to do, but I think it'd be awesome to have them somehow bestow a clue to a legendary item or of some relevance to a quest or some secret info/ruins in the world.

You know, "No one really knows what happened to Sir WhatsHisFace from like 1,000 years ago." But then, you find that particular memorial stone, and you can actually discover that it pertains to Sir WhatsHisFace because of some key word, etc., thus providing you with an actual clue as to where his tomb is or something, or how to open some door, or the fact that that cat you found is actually magical. *Shrug*

Of course, not knowing about all the secrets in the world, I don't really know how to present a specific quote. 8(

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Name: He Who Would Not Die

A single life was not enough,

But a single grave

Is all he got.

Haha, wanted to contribute with something to this thread, too :p

Anyway, thanks for giving people who are interested the opportunity to contribute to the game (even more than they already did, I mean).

Who would dream to rebuild

A world, forgotten

Throw a plea into the ether?

They replied

With gold, with silver and with bronze

Hungry, and with faith

And so the pillars were built

Crafted by hands, trembling

Ears shielded from the tumult

Of gold, silver and bronze

But they are remembered, here,

souls all raucous

Better than dust

Edited by Monte Carlo
  • Like 4

sonsofgygax.JPG

No Rest For The Wicked

Laid to rest,

Revived by the best,

Slaughtered adventurers by the hundreds,

Then died from a sunset.

Read this tomb twice,

And he shall again rise.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Okay, as for the stones... I dunno if it's even possible to do, but I think it'd be awesome to have them somehow bestow a clue to a legendary item or of some relevance to a quest or some secret info/ruins in the world.

From the word of god on regarding linking the users memorial blurb to the users item (at whatever tier that is).  :w00t:

Sure, I don't see a problem with there being a connection between the memorial and item.

I'd like to wrap this up tomorrow afternoon.  Since no one has offered suggestions on how to select ideas, I guess that leaves it up to me.  The only thing I've come up with is that I choose one idea I liked in particular and that person selects someone else -- sort of a gift/curse type of thing.  :biggrin:    If anyone has a better idea, please offer a suggestion.

Since I doubt Obsidian will be doing anything with the surveys over the weekend, it would allow the contributors time to edit/alter any last minute thoughts before I send them off Monday.

I sent a question to Customer Support to clarify who will have access to the decoder ring and how it's obtained (redemption code/quest/etc.).  I'll let everyone know if I get a response.  Thanks again for taking the time to share your creative side.

You could always pick the one with the most likes.

great idea, let me make a few new accounts. ;)

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

This was really difficult because there were so many great ideas.   After reading them all again, I have to say I really like Indira's idea and writing style.  So, I'll hand it off to you now Indira.  Good luck!

Thanks so much everyone.  This community never fails to impress.  :)

• Like 4

To save others what I had to do (scroll back), here's the winner...

Dargh, the last Orlan of Cramp Creek

Still and quiet fiendish foe

In the night, fierce and cold

Our water, he made vile

Our daughter, he beguiled

Foul, besmeared darts stung

Now, his ears are strung

Most of his traps are disarmed

Hope that's the last of his harm

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

This was really difficult because there were so many great ideas.   After reading them all again, I have to say I really like Indira's idea and writing style.  So, I'll hand it off to you now Indira.  Good luck!

I've already written you a PM, saying the same thing, but I'll reiterate a bit of it here:

Thank you ever so much! I just wanted to write something that was in keeping with the PE setting, and since I adore Orlans, it's no surprise that I focussed my little poem on one of them. I researched what little there was, and I found the fate of wild Orlans engaging. They excelled in the use of poisons and traps, and there you have it! :)

It's always nice to be able to expand Pillars of Eternity, however minutely!

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I've already written you a PM, saying the same thing, but I'll reiterate a bit of it here:

Thank you ever so much! I just wanted to write something that was in keeping with the PE setting, and since I adore Orlans, it's no surprise that I focussed my little poem on one of them. I researched what little there was, and I found the fate of wild Orlans engaging. They excelled in the use of poisons and traps, and there you have it! :)

Could you also pick another memorial, either one of your own or written by someone else that I could submit?

Edit: The only restriction being no Flanders bashing, even though we both know how much it sucks.

Edited by Pandamaniac
  • Like 1

You don't get off that easily.  Now comes the curse part.  :biggrin:

You have to select someone else's idea for my other Memorial Stone.  Looks like Pandamaniac also wants you to select one for his submission as well (if I'm reading that correctly).  Although, you could just select the one you like Pandamaniac.  I don't think anyone is going to turn you down.  :)

Now you have two more to select (?), I think, but I may be a bit confused after last evening's outing.

• Like 2

Pandamaniac: No Flanders bashing, it is! *There's always room for one more Flanders!*

SqueakyCat: It'll be an honour to carry the curse you've passed on to me! :)

I'll stick with your format and your thread, but I'll change one of the conditions so that whatever text or poem is in keeping with the lore and the setting of Pillars of Eternity. Obviously, a very clever hint or two about some interesting forum debate could perhaps pass just fine. But ,first and foremost, I'd love to see works that pick up on details we've been given so far during the KS, in the updates, or elsewhere. I'll also take the liberty of setting a deadline to March 19, say at 1900 hours CET, if that works for you SqueakyCat. So, please post your submission here and I will pick the one I deem the fittest for an honorary memorial stone. Have fun, and keep the creative juices flowing!

Pandamaniac: If you think it's a good idea, you could use the same deadlines and conditions as the ones I just delineated? However, I'd love to see somebody else pick the second candidate, either you or somebody of your choosing. However, if you decline and nobody steps forward, I can take it upon me to select two candidates.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

And here I am, ignoring all lore and story elements of the upgrades since I want to experience them first ingame instead of being spoiled before-hand.

Oh well, good luck to the others!

^

I thought you'd just pick an existing one but ok, the fun continues:  (I started this in a silly mood but for some reason this rhyme ended up not having any jokes - I'm disappointed in myself :p )

Higani and Ruto,

that bonded pair.

Ever together,

would ever dare.

To challenge the dark,

and bring the light.

To settle the wrongs,

with arrow's flight,

or nature's claw,

and make to pay,

the enemies,

of Echo Bay.

When at last,

he gave his all,

dear faithful Ruto,

in battle did fall,

and with him,

Higani's last breath,

for neither could live,

with the other's death.

So here interred,

the two will sleep,

the last embrace,

beneath the deep.

(...Or I guess Echo Bay could be replaced by Defiance Bay but i figured a ranger would go for the smaller place to the north.)

Edit: Had to go out for food so rushed the ending - might sound better with:

So here interred,

the two will sleep,

in last embrace,

each other keep.

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: