Donating Two Memorial Stones to the Community

I don't know about "Romance" dying but a memorial stone to "Mr. R. Manz" would be a nice tombstone. Ron, or "Ro" for short, always knew how to ick out the townsfolk and his prior history always left a sour taste in the mouths of many. Of crouse, that was probably because he was trying to taste the mouths of many.

Edited by ItinerantNomad

Squeaky the Cat
Lives: 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

"Just one more look can't hurt..."

John Doe

B: 2389AI  D: 2478AI

Well, after a bit of consideration

I'd much rather be standing where you are

Here I lie in the grave
Waiting to move on
To get to the other side
But am stopped by Charon

He wont let me on his boat
To cross the Styx's waters
That bloody cheapskate boatman
Won't accept Canadian dollars

• Like 3

- Lart the Liar -

Here lies the liar

Who said he was dead

We took him to the graveyard

And made it truth instead

• Like 4

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I don't think that direct references to real-world discussions will be accepted by the devs. Again, I will link the Betrayal at Krondor epitaphs so that you can get some ideas for immersive, appropriate memorial stone texts. Here's some more: Guild Wars 2.

Does anyone know if there are any guidelines, tipps or hints as to what the devs accept at all?

I mean the same problem arises for the other kickstarter tiers where you can design an artifact or a npc etc.

And what if your ideas don't fit into the game? Will they contact you and ask you to change them?

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Does anyone know if there are any guidelines, tipps or hints as to what the devs accept at all?

I mean the same problem arises for the other kickstarter tiers where you can design an artifact or a npc etc.

And what if your ideas don't fit into the game? Will they contact you and ask you to change them?

None of the past queries on this gave an offical answer, so I would assume the catagory of 'personal' means it can be anything (within reason of course).

"...we will let you put your name and a personalized message on a memorial stone in game. Your unique message will be encoded into Glanfathan runes, and can be decoded using a unique in-game ring. It's a way for all of us to remember your large contribution to Project Eternity."

The only word I could find from on high was from Feargus, which we now know to be 200 chars

"Question: How long can the memorial stone message be? Can it be a page long?

Feargus: We are going to work with you on it. Since it is text, I think we will be able to have a text pop-up that can contain a fair number of words".

Though I would be fairly certain if the Dev's didn't like something for whatever reason (Lore, language, etc), they would ask the person to change it to fit, similiar to the items/npcs.

• Like 1

Dargh, the last Orlan of Cramp Creek

Still and quiet fiendish foe

In the night, fierce and cold

Our water, he made vile

Our daughter, he beguiled

Foul, besmeared darts stung

Now, his ears are strung

Most of his traps are disarmed

Hope that's the last of his harm

• Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Alright, here goes my take on "Romance - the stone". Try not to kill me, please:

Manzez, R., Troll
A man with a cat brought news to the net

that folks may not wed and no sex will be had.

Wind came to the troll, who screamed "Oh, the gall!"

his kin did he call, the culprit to murder.

The man with the cat remained where he sat

with nary a fret he willed the troll dead.
The troll was foolhardy with the maker to argue,

he gathered his party, but ventured no further.

Thanks to SqueakyCat for this fine opportunity to make a fool of myself.

EDIT: @IndiraLightfoot: I got a Golden Axe flashback for some reason.

Edited by Gorbag
  • Like 2

Nothing gold can stay.

Dargh, the last Orlan of Cramp Creek

Still and quiet fiendish foe

In the night, fierce and cold

Our water, he made vile

Our daughter, he beguiled

Foul, besmeared darts stung

Now, his ears are strung

Most of his traps are disarmed

Hope that's the last of his harm

Very impressed with your poetic eloquence 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Here lies David the Brave

Took on too much

and was sent to his grave

He fought with force of will

and shall evermore lay still

Courage is no substitute for skill

Edit: and that's my 2000th post on this forum.

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 3

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Squeaky the Cat

Lives: 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

"Just one more look can't hurt..."

That's a good one, haha!

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Edit: and that's my 2000th post on this forum.

As I'm reading this, your post count is 2001.

Congratulations on completing Forum Odyssey: 2001!

• Like 2

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

So you can only read the messages if you have a special in-game ring? I didn't know that. I assume the ring is only available to those that donated to that tier?

That was said in update 16 on Oct 6, though checking the current statement on KS, it doesn't mention the batman decoder ring.

Given the KS was closed 17 Oct maybe they removed it.

I hope so, or at least the ring being a plot item for something else with reading memorials being a bonus.

Edited by Lycana

So you can only read the messages if you have a special in-game ring? I didn't know that. I assume the ring is only available to those that donated to that tier?

That... sounds really stupid. You get your message ingame by donating, but most people wont be able to read it? What??? Yeah, hope that's conned.

And now that I post, I have to make another contribution :)

Here lies Xyzgrna

Necromancer in life.

We're glad he never came back alive.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

That would be disappointing indeed.  So, the offer is 2 Memorial Stones and their super secret decoder ring codes (if required).  I hope one of the two contributors will start a thread to show their Memorial Stone in-game as well as any little jewels they find in their travels so the rest of us can see as well.  I'm hoping it's a quest reward.

How does everyone come up with these ideas?  I feel so lacking in this area.  ;(

That would be disappointing indeed.  So, the offer is 2 Memorial Stones and their super secret decoder ring codes (if required).  I hope one of the two contributors will start a thread to show their Memorial Stone in-game as well as any little jewels they find in their travels so the rest of us can see as well.  I'm hoping it's a quest reward.

How does everyone come up with these ideas?  I feel so lacking in this area.  ;(

Don't worry Squeakymeister I'm also completely dysfunctional  in this type of creativity but its good fun to read all the posts

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I bought mine off the back of a truck, no questions asked.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

creativity, like everything else, requires practice.

I heard about (anecdotal, I know, but it's been too long and I wouldn't be able to find it I think) a study showing that 90% of children under the age of 11 think of themselves as creative, and only 15% of all adults do. The implication is of course that somewhere in the intervening years, the creativity is killed by the school system or the community.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

^ Or the people who you thought had cared for you.  I'm not bitter.

You're not alone, SqueekyCat.  Since that last incident with a paintbrush, I am legally restrained from handling instruments of creation.

I'm just lucky they left me with a keyboard.  And my fingers.

I'm slowly on my way to making them regret that.

• Like 3

I'm not creative either... but I am just trying, and probably wont be winner... all for fun :)

Here lies Adam.

Sawyer didn't give him his abby's,

They suspected he had rabbies

He started to grow fur

And in the end even purr.

Oh well, they said

Now we can work him 8 times more to death

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So you can only read the messages if you have a special in-game ring? I didn't know that.

I hope all the inscribed stone surfaces are white with a blotchy red pattern all over them, and the ring flips out a little red monocle that, when peered through, makes the red pattern seem to vanish, thus revealing the secret message.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

"To bring forth these scribings, a ring you will need,

Which makes this stone message quite useless, indeed."

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

"...we will let you put your name and a personalized message on a memorial stone in game. Your unique message will be encoded into Glanfathan runes, and can be decoded using a unique in-game ring. It's a way for all of us to remember your large contribution to Project Eternity."

The only word I could find from on high was from Feargus, which we now know to be 200 chars

I'm all for and like the idea of an in game ring to decode the Glanfathan runes. Some ring you may come across, not thinking it's important but it actually decodes all the memorial stones. I certainly would be keeping this ring and clicking on tomb stones to see what people have written.

• Like 1