So where will spoilers go?

The current PE forums are subdivided thusly:

(1) Announcement and News
(2) General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)
(3) Gameplay & Mechanics
(4) Engine & Technology

Because there were never any spoilers to be discussed up to this point anyway, the fact that the "NO SPOILERS" tag exists on this General subforum implies there must be a SPOILERS subforum in the future. Yes?

Uh, does this forum software support spoiler tags? That would be nifty...

The  #3 and #4 subfora I expect will have to evolve once the game is released--maybe #3 would move onto "tactics," and #4 for "hacking" (mods, scripting, custom portraits, etc.). But if there's going to be a General discussion with spoilers, I think tactics makes sense there instead. Then what use is a General forum that's "no spoilers"? 

Here's what I propose.... ;)

(1) Announcement and News = same

(2) Support (NO SPOILERS) = Tech support and general questions about the game

(3) General Discussion (Spoilers allowed) = spoiler tags would be nice; gameplay tactics; companion discussions, etc.

(4) Hax0rz = (insert better name) modding, scripting, customizations

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Yea...probably new subfora will be added, or one/more of the current will be reconfigured to fit the usual pattern of sub-fora for released games.

BBCode spoiler tags do exist and do work on the forum, there is just no WYSYWIG button icon for them.

[ spoiler] [ /spoiler ]   (no spaces).

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

BBCode spoiler tags do exist and do work on the forum, there is just no WYSYWIG button icon for them.

[ spoiler] [ /spoiler ]   (no spaces).

Real men edit bbCode directly.

Real men code a forum for forum users to use so that we have intuitive and easy ways to use bbCode!

• Like 1

Blood and honor

Bit surprising we have to tell this to a user here 1 1/2 year with 1300+ posts.

Spoilers forums are added after release (not much to spoil till then), has been for all games.

BBCCode Mode is so very annoying with quote-editing, I generally have it turned off.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

There is a spoiler button conveniently located in a drop down menu under the Special BBCode button. Many other useful functions can also be found there. :)

There is? Well learn something new every day. All these forum software upgrades the past few years, bah. ;)

...although as Hassat says, after hunting around for this menu (having to wait a couple seconds for the floating button help-text to "pop up" on each menu item), I understand why I missed it. What an unintuitive and awkward way to just use a simple code. I'd rather type it manually. Plus I also often have BBCode mode off for the quoting. Heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts