Keeping in line with... me...

Any funniest bugs you can share with us?

Also, are you doing VO here too? :p (thanks for that btw)

No, I'm not doing any VO. :)

We need a dislike button on these forums :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Most forums or others like facebook don't have dislike button that just for fun;)

Most forums or others like facebook don't have dislike button that just for fun;)

There's no such thing. It would be too easy to misread a vanilla 'dislike' message, creating unnecessary conflict.

i-want-a-dislike-button_o_724342.jpg

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Probably not... optimalisation is usually done in the last stages, and only then can precise requirements be given.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm a bit concerned with how much work there is still do and only about 8 months to do it in. Pre-Alpha > Alpha > Beta > Full game shipped. Novella, Almanac, Physical Tier rewards, printing Books, etc. It seems like a short time to do all this. Have you been sourcing suppliers for the physical tier rewards as well? eg. looking into what InXile is doing?

Much appreciated Mr Brennecke.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Quick, let's flood Adam with questions so he doesn't get to do any bug fixing! Wait a minute...

Anyway, question for Adam: how many weapon types (roughly) will there be in the game with actually useful magical equivalents?

Including firearms and magical implements, there are 28 base weapon types with two unique (mid power and high power) versions for each base type.  Additionally there are "ordinary" Fine and Exceptional quality variants for each base type.  The uniques and base types have all been designed and (mostly) implemented, though we've only placed a few of them in the world so far.

• Like 13

I'm a bit concerned with how much work there is still do and only about 8 months to do it in. Pre-Alpha > Alpha > Beta > Full game shipped. Novella, Almanac, Physical Tier rewards, printing Books, etc. It seems like a short time to do all this. Have you been sourcing suppliers for the physical tier rewards as well? eg. looking into what InXile is doing?

Kickstarter Rewards: A plan is in place and we are speaking with a few companies about creating the rewards. We are also currently doing the basic layouts for the books. In fact, today I had a talk with Rose about this very subject.

Game: It's a lot of stuff, no doubt, but I am confident that we will be able to wrap everything up in time. This game is pretty far along at this point. Even the portions of the crit path that aren't finished yet aren't more than a few weeks from being in and working.

• Like 14

How badass are priests? How do they compare to fighters and paladins in combat efficacy?

Paladins occupy the middle space between fighters and priests in terms of raw combat power and support.  Fighters have more consistent damage output and long-term survivability, but paladins can spike their damage with abilities like Flames of Devotion and Sworn Enemy.  Those are limited-use abilities but they are nice for giving someone an extra smacking.  Priests do not have an inherent talent in melee combat but they have the best AoE support abilities in the game (and can benefit from them on their own).  They don't have a huge array of offensive spells, but the ones they have are potent, if small in overall area.

• Like 9

Quick, let's flood Adam with questions so he doesn't get to do any bug fixing! Wait a minute...

Anyway, question for Adam: how many weapon types (roughly) will there be in the game with actually useful magical equivalents?

Including firearms and magical implements, there are 28 base weapon types with two unique (mid power and high power) versions for each base type.  Additionally there are "ordinary" Fine and Exceptional quality variants for each base type.  The uniques and base types have all been designed and (mostly) implemented, though we've only placed a few of them in the world so far.

That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear. Incredibly happy to hear this. 

Also, great to see you guys answering our questions like this. Much appreciated and your answers do nothing but convince us that is game is going to be awesome. 

• Like 1

The weapon balancing is still very rough.  In general, fast weapons do a small amount of damage per hit but the most damage over time (though this can be heavily blunted by armor).  Slower weapons do much more damage per hit and the least damage over time, but are much less affected by armor.  Each type of weapon has its own special (though not necessarily unique) bonus as well.  E.g. sabres inflict a short-duration damage over time effect, estocs and stilettos lower the target's armor by a flat amount, morning stars do either pierce of crush damage depending on what the target is more susceptible to (automatically), etc.

Magical implements are the fastest of the ranged weapons, but also do pretty mild damage.  The rest of the ranged weapons tend to scale in this order of decreasing speed and increasing damage: hunting bow, war bow, crossbow, arbalest, pistol, blunderbuss/arquebus.

• Like 9