Playing on Laptop. Night one abduction you have to hit s rapidly to clench first probe is fine but the second one i cannot hit the s button rapidly enough despite trying for an hour so this scene is no longer funny. I have found a solution is to use a xbox 360 controller however I should not have to buy one so could ye fix this issue please.

Playing on Laptop. Night one abduction you have to hit s rapidly to clench first probe is fine but the second one i cannot hit the s button rapidly enough despite trying for an hour so this scene is no longer funny. I have found a solution is to use a xbox 360 controller however I should not have to buy one so could ye fix this issue please.

The difficulty of that scene is going to be lowered in the next patch AFAIK.

Edited by C2B

The difficulty of that scene is going to be lowered in the next patch AFAIK.

I'm playing on the 360 but can't get past that scence either. I've bruised my fingers pounding the crap out of that button trying to get past it. Is there some trick to this, or am I stuck until the patch comes out? Also, does anyone know for a fact when the patch is coming, and if it is going to address this?

There is a thread on this in the Technical Issues area, and they say a patch is coming...but we aren't sure when.  Like you, I am on the Xbox 360 and stuck.  It seems flat-out impossible (was it tested?),  I am wondering if it has to do with my playing on a first generation 360, but who knows...

There is a thread on this in the Technical Issues area, and they say a patch is coming...but we aren't sure when.  Like you, I am on the Xbox 360 and stuck.  It seems flat-out impossible (was it tested?),  I am wondering if it has to do with my playing on a first generation 360, but who knows...

I'm on one of the newer Star Wars limited edition XBoxes, so I don't think so. I think it is something that just wasn't thoroughly tested. I hope the devs are reading these threads.

I just now managed to get it after about 100 tries. Someone in another thread suggested sliding your finger back and forth across the A button instead of mashing it up and down. It worked for me on the fourth try. Yay!

In the past i would use my teeth, i would hold my controller ans shake it against the edge of my teeth in very slight rappid movements.

With my pc version of the game i used slight movement with shaking my hand up and down on the button. Just enough to re register the key stroke each time.

Update: I got past this bit after a very frustrating hour of retrys. light rapid tapping of the key seemed to work best. Cheers to everyone who replied to the original post but pissed of perseverance appears to be the best though not most satisfactory course of action.

I've actually broken 2 keyboards on this game so far.  Luckly they were old crappy keyboards, and not my main gaming one, but the amount of literal button mashing in this game is stupid.  I love the game, but on points where I'm required to smash a key rapidly I just dont bother with because it damages my hardware.  That means taking a dump and certain quest requirements.

It's passable but beyond unnecessarily difficult for a button mashing sequence. I did two complete playthroughs(ps3) and each time it took me well over 20 minutes and countless tries just to get past that sequence. Overall the game is quite well polished and free of bugs, how did this get past QA?

1zq6793.jpg

As a 58 year old South Park addict/gamer geek, the only way I could pass this was to have a neighbor with great reflexes (and no arthritic fingers) do this for me.

I tried for two days. My neighbor, who is 32, did it for me on the first try...and he doesn't play this game.

Go figure!

Is it something to do with the difficulty level?  Playing on the lowest difficulty level my first time through, I had zero issue with the part everyone is complaining about.  And I'm hardly the most dextrous individual around when it comes to button mashing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Is it something to do with the difficulty level?  Playing on the lowest difficulty level my first time through, I had zero issue with the part everyone is complaining about.  And I'm hardly the most dextrous individual around when it comes to button mashing.

Depends on the platform, or so I've been reading around the internet anyway. Supposedly it's the easiest to button mash on the 360 and hardest on PC. It  was incredibly frustrating on the PS3 for me, finished four playthroughs so far and the time is quite short, barely a few seconds for what must be 40+ button presses. Not sure if difficulty has any influence on how hard the button mashing is. What I don't get is why make a button mashing sequence so difficult? It is a game killer for any casual player and casual player are the target audience of the game. Something is broken if I have to retry a button mashing sequence for the 30th or 50th time.

1zq6793.jpg

I can't say I had problems with this, but it was a very close call from not missing to missing.  Don't really look forward to trying it on the replay.

I hate repeated button mashing in games, they're just not fun to me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

I was having this problem as well and found some suggestions that didn't work. I even bought a new controller, thinking both of mine were worn out. I couldn't wait any longer for a patch that may never come, so I came up with my own solution.

This will sound funny, but I used a vibrator! No, not my mom's **** but a handheld, deep massage vibrator. It blew up the black probe in less than a second!

Give it a try and good luck.

Gino