I definitely pick up "Second Wind" as soon as I can during my playthroughs. It makes it so you revive at full health when using a revive potion. I also like "Apprentice" and "Growing Boy", which adds +20% PP and +20% HP, respectively. "Let it Slide", "Mauler", and "Sucker Punch" are also good ones to consider.

Eh, I really think you need to pick a class and decide on a play-style before making a choice here.

Here are the perks I take for my figher:

Bloodlust (I apply a bleeding mod to whichever bow I'm using and I take 3 ranks of Bull Rush)

Pyromanic (I either apply a fire mod to my bow or use bow that already have fire damage)

Dirty Fighting (combos well with some "magic" attacks, as well as Roshambo with 3 ranks)

Marksman (extra ranged damage)

Mauler (extra melee damage)

Necessary Roughness (synergizes with "magic" attacks, as well as Assault and Battery with 2 ranks)

Fart of War (for magic/weapon combos)

All Out of Bubble Gum (a "must have" for fighters, since you can use any potion at the start of each round - x2 Attack Up with the protein powder stuff)

Sucker Punch (first attack does extra damage = no brainer)

Growing Boy (extra health is a good thing).

Obviously, I'd probably want different perks if I was playing a different character, or if I used different weapons, built my fighter using a different ability distribution, etc.

I hope that helps.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."