Skipped entire section of the game PS3

zombieben86

Question

Hey, so I somehow managed to skip a big portion of the game. I've "completed" the game in that I've seen the credits roll after finishing the last boss.

However in my quest section I was never able to finish recruiting the goth kids. I went to taco bell, got the voice recorder, but when I went to go give it to Randy at the PTA nothing would happen.

An "X" prompt would pop up but it did nothing. Strangely I was able to continue the game. I think what happened was after getting the recording device I got lost in the woods, and when my parents found me in the woods and took me home it triggered the underpants gnome segment before I gave the recording device.

Judging from a walkthough it looks like I missed the entire "Attack the school" section of story line. I also can't complete the jimbo quest because I can't enter the school, it's still locked.

The goth kids used to say my quest was incomplete but since beating the game they just call me a conformist, and Randy now says "I had that dream again last night..." instead of doing nothing at all.

Is there anyway I can get Randy to take the picture of my sign to let me do the section of the game that I missed and get all the collectibles? 

4 answers to this question

I am experiencing this exact bug, however I went to the forest before getting the goth clothes. It took me from the forest to the end of day 2 with the gnomes. After completing that, it went to the story portion when the two sides join against Clyde and you recruit the girls. The Goth storyline was still active, and I was able to do it up until I had to give the voice recorder to Randy.

I have experienced the same issue on the Xbox 360.

The recorder is in my inventory but when I press A to give it to Randy nothing happens, the option to press A keeps appearing

but Randy won't interact with me.

I originally didn't patch the game, when I experienced the above problem I downloaded the patch, but the problem still

persists.

The patch did not retroactively fix the issue; it just helped prevent it from happening. There is another preventative fix for this incoming with the next patch. Unfortunately, there isn't a retroactive fix for this issue at the moment. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer