Huge lag randomly (PC)

Agenteusa

Question

Hello,

Night the game released I played for about one hour and didn't notice any particular lag. After the patch it's impossible to play, I can't time blocks, the game takes forever to switch screens, open inventory, combat, etc.

Basically it's unplayable.

I tried searching here but I haven't seen anything related.

I'm 100% sure it isn't on my side, since I have a GTX 480 , a top of the line processor and an SSD.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Yes, everything is updated. Weirdly my config and engine files have lots of things set to false even Directx 11. I'm using a Logitech G930 as speakers.

I really have no clue what it might be, I have never had such an issue with any otehr game :W

When you launch the game and hit the continue button at the main screen, does the volume chop a bit? If so I have this problem and though anoying if you launch the game like 10 times in a row, 1 of the 10 will work. It doesnt fix the fact that this needs to be addressed but at least you can play. I think its a corrupt dll myself I just need to figure out what one. 

The game is very laggy overall. Choppy scenes, lagged áudio. Sometimes with cutscenes see the cutscene with no audio and then it just freezes at the cutscene. Sometimes game gets stuck on loading screens and takes forever although it gives me the option of hitting Esc key and see the menu...

What I noticed is sometimes by continuing the game and immediately exiting to menu again and reload makes it a little better but I actually would hope Obsidian would have any news on this since again I am sure 99% that it isn't on my side.

Plus I haven't seen a game in ages with no graphic options, so it might have something to do with that. Maybe my card isn't even recognized correctly. Basically seems I'm playing the game in a severely underpowered rig.

I will try that. Does anyone know what can we tamper with on both engine and config .inis? Cause I tried enabling DX11 and it was enough for the game to not launch anymore.