Save Bug - Cannot Save or Load any game files

cmdrindie

Question

I'm surprised by the lack of any topics about this bug, which leads me to believe that I must be doing something wrong. I hope that is the case, because I love the game enough to want an easy and fast fix.  

Here's the short of it: I got the "file not found" bug which prevents me from manual saving. Apparently that is easily dismissed, because The Stick of Truth is also supposed to make constant auto-saves. Now, I can find the auto-saves on my computer in the Documents/MyGames/South Park/save chain of files, but the game will not recognize that I have them. When I restart or reinstall the game, I am never presented with the option to load at the main menu.  

I have attempted to start new characters; their data is never found by the game. I have tried to mess with the administrator privileges for the game and its .exe. Nothing has changed. 

What can be done?

Thank you ahead of time. 

3 answers to this question

The saves should be found in Documents\My Games\South Park - The Stick of Truth\save\

Are you making any changes to your save files? renaming? What version of the game are you playing? 

Can you email me your save games? Will send you a PM with the email address to email them to. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

The saves should be found in Documents\My Games\South Park - The Stick of Truth\save\

Are you making any changes to your save files? renaming? What version of the game are you playing? 

Can you email me your save games? Will send you a PM with the email address to email them to. 

I have found the save files that you mentioned in the directory that I had described in my original post; I'm fairly sure these are the same ones. I actually only recently went to check to ensure they were there, so I've not modified them in any way, shape, or form. 

I confess that I'm not sure how to check the version of the game, but my steam history reports that I have automatically downloaded the 02 Patch. The BuildID is 201175. I will happily send you the save games at your leisure. 

I too have a similar issue with saving and loading. 

I had just been gifted the game via Steam last night. The game does the actions of saving and auto saving, however loading or continuing a game returns me to my room with 0:00:00 time played - a new game basically. 

I have checked the files from My Documents > My games > South Park - Stick of Truth > saves and they are there..so my guess is the game isn't grabbing the info from them when continuing/ loading a saved game. Maybe?

Thanks in advance!