RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Yet another reason why SP RPGs are the best for video games.

Even if someone cheats; who the fudge cares? It doesn't effect anyone else.

Was FF4 ruined as a result of the dupe? Nope. I beat that one a few times before I even found out about it.

EDIT: It's also why the auction house never should have been a part of Diablo 3.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

"There is an EULA you sign"

EULAs are not really worth the paper they are printed on. I'd like to see them being aggressively attacked in a court of law. They'd likely have large parts of them thrown into the garbage can. The only reason they still exist is because it's rare for anyone to put up a fight and they are rarely used to do anything anyways.

This is getting ridicolous, again i agree with you.

Has an EULA even ever been a case in a court?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The EULA is probably better used to protect against a lawsuit than as something a company would use to go after someone.  When a company bans a customer from using the product they paid for, they are taking on a legal risk, and the EULA is one of to tools they can use to mitigate that risk.

It would be interesting to see a group of players try and put together a class action lawsuit, but I doubt you will find a legal firm interested in such a case.

edit:  I just realized I pretty much said what volo said.  :D

Edited by Hurlshot

"There is an EULA you sign"

EULAs are not really worth the paper they are printed on. I'd like to see them being aggressively attacked in a court of law. They'd likely have large parts of them thrown into the garbage can. The only reason they still exist is because it's rare for anyone to put up a fight and they are rarely used to do anything anyways.

This is getting ridicolous, again i agree with you.

Has an EULA even ever been a case in a court?

EULAs were in court a few times.

The cases that went to trial usually involved cheaters and hackers.

IIRC the verdicts were all over the place.

Has anyone noticed the blatant Jin Roh rip off in the Wolfenstein New Order ads?

Btw the trailers don't show anything remarkable. I think this one is going to bomb.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Who's Jin-Roh?

A decent anime film, preceded by a manga called Kerberos saga. It created the armor-with gas mask and glowing eyes that was later ripped off by helghast troops in Killzone and everyone else.

Jin Roh is an awesome film. I loved it when I was younger, ven though initially it only interested eme because of Oshii's involvement. visually it was stunning at the time.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I haven't seen an anime that tops it in visual quality, but then I prefer realistic drawing to real anime and Jin Roh leans towards the former heavily. 

From Ankh, Jack Keane and Venetica to Blood Knights and Lord of the fallen. How the hell did that happen?

Yeah, from the full on goofball fun of Ankh and Jack Keane to the gritty, soul crushing Lords of the Fallen.  It's quite the change in tone.  I guess Venetica was the transitional game, somewhat serious but still with definite lighthearted moments.

Anyway, that trailer

is the first thing shown about this game that made me genuinely excited for it.  I could do without the dodge roll (thanks Twitcher 2), but otherwise it looks pretty dang good.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dunno why you're excited for it, I can't tell games of this type apart. They all look same and play same, like Rune from ten years ago. Its the lack of fluid animation and reaction that kills this type of game for me. The guy hit him with a maul and the boss didn't even move.

Also a man in full plate mail rolling around just looks silly.

I'm not saying its a bad game, just this type of experience is no longer for me, its too... gamey. 

• Like 1

I liked that the battles looked methodical and strategic, sort of like Dark Souls, but a bit faster (which seems fitting since they've compared the game to Dark Souls ad nauseam).  I'm down with a combat that's more a chess match than just button mashing.  I already stated I could do without the dodge rolling, so we're in agreement in that regard.

Anyway, bottom line is that I watched the video and my brain went "that looks like something I'd enjoy playing".

/shrugs

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I liked that the battles looked methodical and strategic, sort of like Dark Souls, but a bit faster (which seems fitting since they've compared the game to Dark Souls ad nauseam).  I'm down with a combat that's more a chess match than just button mashing.  I already stated I could do without the dodge rolling, so we're in agreement in that regard.

Anyway, bottom line is that I watched the video and my brain went "that looks like something I'd enjoy playing".

/shrugs

Don't worry Keyrock I'm on your side about this game.

And I have an even  simpler reason why it will be a good purchase. The game is being developed by the same company that has released  arguably one of the best action RPG of all time, Dark Souls. Nuff said :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

/shrugs

And I have an even  simpler reason why it will be a good purchase. The game is being developed by the same company that has released  arguably one of the best action RPG of all time, Dark Souls. Nuff said :thumbsup:

What? No.

/shrugs

What? No.

No what? Don't you think I agree with Keyrock or don't you think Dark Souls is a good game?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Has anyone noticed the blatant Jin Roh rip off in the Wolfenstein New Order ads?

Btw the trailers don't show anything remarkable. I think this one is going to bomb.

I heard only good stuff about new Wolfenstein. After long time FPS focused on Single Player mode.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/preview-confronting-nazi-horror-in-wolfenstein-the-new-order/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's being published, not developed, by Namco Bandai, who also published Dark Souls.  Dark Souls was developed by From Software, Lords of the Fallen is being developed by Deck 13.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's being published, not developed, by Namco Bandai, who also published Dark Souls.  Dark Souls was developed by From Software, Lords of the Fallen is being developed by Deck 13.

Oh okay, thanks Keyrock for making my entire point moot :aiee:

John Milton 

I heard only good stuff about new Wolfenstein. After long time FPS focused on Single Player mode.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/preview-confronting-nazi-horror-in-wolfenstein-the-new-order/

Didn't know they were going single player only. That may actually end up being good. 

Considering Ankh 2 (so I didn't bother with 3) and Jack Keane (so I didn't bother with 2) were horrible, I kinda put away Deck 13 as being a generally bad developer. Changed? Or do they still produce subpar games? How did they survive this long?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

From Ankh, Jack Keane and Venetica to Blood Knights and Lord of the fallen. How the hell did that happen?

"Every victory is born from defeat"

If true we can expect 3 more good looking games, which I need. Daddy needs more employment opportunities.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif