RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

GDC trailer for the GK Remake, shows some of the scenes with the artwork, characters. Looks nice so far. Still a shame the original VO was degraded badly.

Can't watch the video until later, but is the soundtrack the same?

Yup Holmes is doing the score so it should all be the same just in a different format.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO5Kfst50v4

Guys I saw this on RPS, I  have known about this game for a while. Its called Murdered: Soul Suspect, what do you think? I think it looks like its got huge potential and seems to have offer a truly unique story...its about a ghost trying to determine who killed him.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys I saw this on RPS, I  have known about this game for a while. Its called Murdered: Soul Suspect, what do you think? I think it looks like its got huge potential and seems to have offer a truly unique story...its about a ghost trying to determine who killed him.

Square Enix are involved. It'll either be great or a cluster****.

It seems there's finally a French Revolution AssCreed coming out. It's gonna be gud.

That seems like a decent place to go with the series, although I dread what they will do to the history.

Robespierre gets an artifact and uses it to cause the revolution, he goes mad with power kill a bunch of people so your character takes it away from him and the people kill him. The end. 

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It seems there's finally a French Revolution AssCreed coming out. It's gonna be gud.

That seems like a decent place to go with the series, although I dread what they will do to the history.

I'll just play it like I play AssCreed2 (the only AssCreed game I've own so far), which is to say, I'll completely ignore the story and play it like a rooftop jumping simulator.  I must say, from the pictures and the trailer I've seen, those are some mighty fine looking rooftops.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Robespierre gets an artifact and uses it to cause the revolution, he goes mad with power kill a bunch of people so your character takes it away from him and the people kill him. The end.

didn't that happen on Warehouse 13?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

didn't that happen on Warehouse 13?

Love that show.

Edit: and it was also on Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Ellen page should sue them for the ripoff of her ugly face. Another movie "game". Bweh.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Go play Lightning Returns... In that game you can find loads of different body types of women and men NPCs...

Once again Japanese are few steps ahead of the rest of the world...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

"Heir posited a game where a soldier comes out as gay to his unit, and as he works to build their trust and acceptance, the unit cohesion and fighting prowess of the unit grows stronger over"

Did kind of chuckle at how shoe-horned that be in a shooter like BF or something from - http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5528066/mass-effect-manveer-heir-gdc-social-injustice

How about a game where "a soldier comes out as gay" and the rest of the squad aren't that bothered. Because they weren't bothered before and not bothered after.

Social Justice Warriors. Sigh.

Presumably the whole world is full of bigots who need rescuing by video games designers.

• Like 8

sonsofgygax.JPG

The point I don't seem to get is that if video-game violence doesn't have an effect on the the player, how is anything that he is "fighting" for going to affect him. I get that everyone has their own battle to fight, but how about you focus on the big stuff instead of making people like gays or w/e else.

edit: Further more, you have to be able to portray those kind of characters without them sounding like stereotypes, a white man who doesn't have black/yellow/red/pink/magenta (I am a racist ****) friends or doesn't have contact with their culture isn't going to be able to portray them well. So this more about letting more people from different cultures in to the industry, for which he is definitely barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

"Heir posited a game where a soldier comes out as gay to his unit, and as he works to build their trust and acceptance, the unit cohesion and fighting prowess of the unit grows stronger over"

Did kind of chuckle at how shoe-horned that be in a shooter like BF or something from - http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5528066/mass-effect-manveer-heir-gdc-social-injustice

I don't get this industry sometimes, he says that we need more diversity because games are role models for children but whenever there is a shooting then games are for adults.

They criticize a game as being misogynistic just because of a semi naked woman and completely disregard all the violence within it and worse, at times they pass an opportunity to deal with real negative issues because they rather whine about how fictional characters make them feel inadequate.

I keep hoping that it will die down and people will realize this insanity for what it is but I'm beginning to lose hope. 

• Like 4

village_idiot.gif

I don't get this industry sometimes, he says that we need more diversity because games are role models for children but whenever there is a shooting then games are for adults.

They criticize a game as being misogynistic just because of a semi naked woman and completely disregard all the violence within it and worse, at times they pass an opportunity to deal with real negative issues because they rather whine about how fictional characters make them feel inadequate.

I keep hoping that it will die down and people will realize this insanity for what it is but I'm beginning to lose hope. 

I think people feel the need to fight for/against something, because it makes them feel like they are doing something that matters, but the problem is that the only thing they are able to do is try and enact change in the pathetically insignificant problems that in the grand ****-hole of things that are wrong in this world, don't even matter. I mean they are not Bill Gates who is trying to exterminate malaria, so they settle for making minorities not feel left out when playing games. Which is not a bad thing, but it irks me to no end when they make it out to be a grand crusade that will save the world.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

How about a game where "a soldier comes out as gay" and the rest of the squad aren't that bothered. Because they weren't bothered before and not bothered after.

Social Justice Warriors. Sigh.

Presumably the whole world is full of bigots who need rescuing by video games designers.

Oh please. That's a GREAT design. I'd play the crud out of that game.

• Like 1