The Case for Romance II

Well a Khajiit isn't a cat, its race that has the appearance of a cat. But it is as intelligent and emotional as a human. And another good question around a robot. If you take a TV series like Almost Human you basically have robots\cyborgs that look and can behave like humans. You also have "sexbots" in that show which humans use for physical gratification. So to answer your question if  a robot looks and behaves like a human then I don't see it being a problem for a Romance option? But I can see how that may be a controversial one..because does a robot truly understand human emotion which is a big part of interaction in Romance

Well if someone is romancing a Khajiit and the romance takes them to the bedroom, and the Khajiit decides to go on all fours while someone want's to have sex, then it basically has the appearance of a cat. The Khajiit may have other characteristics of a cat and not just appearance. It may also mate like a cat with the male behind them. As I said, you don't seem to have a problem with someone romancing and having sex with a cat. If you want to bring up intelligence and emotions, the same can be said for Centaurs with having the intelligence and emotions as a human. I'm trying to understand why you don't have a problem with humans having sex with cats but Centaurs are a no no.

In regards to robots, while you're okay with romancing and having sex with robots, what sort of feedback would you expect from the robot. I'm curious what you would expect the robot to say or do during the romance. if it was programmed to have human emotions, what sort of emotions would you expect it to have. Would you like to see a whole range of human emotions (the affection, enthusiasm, cheerfulness, monotony, boredom, arguments, nagging, ... ) or would you be inclined to have only the good emotions from that robot that you're having romancing and having sex with it.

You asking some detailed questions, it is like having a debate with a hardcore promancer. But I'm enjoying it :thumbsup:

In your scenario around the Khajiit it doesn't matter if they prefer sexual positions of a real cat or they look like a cat. Its irrelevant because the Khajiit is capable of the full spectrum of human emotions. Sex is also about the emotional connection and not just how someone looks. So having sex with  a Khajiit is not the same as having sex with a cat. A Centaur does have emotions but its not a humanoid and has some  completely different physical attributes. So in that case I see a difference. Its like saying "I want to have a physical relationship with a Yuan-Ti". Its going to be difficult...very difficult

And yes in a world of sexbots if you want to have a relationship with one they would have to be capable of the full range of human emotions or the relationship would just be about sex and be lacking something

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hands down the best episode of Almost Human. Humanoid robots built for a physical and emotional relationship ... what's not to love. Except if they were real, the human race would falter with a plummeting birth rate. 

Its an interesting concept, a robot capable of true physical and emotional responsiveness. But then I would also want the robot to have its own opinion and to challenge my view if it feels its not appropriate. So now you need to program into a robot not just the concept of emotions but also the fact that it needs to disagree with me but not just for the sake of disagreeing ..there must be a legitimate reason. Very complicated :aiee:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You asking some detailed questions, it is like having a debate with a hardcore promancer. But I'm enjoying it :thumbsup:

In your scenario around the Khajiit it doesn't matter if they prefer sexual positions of a real cat or they look like a cat. Its irrelevant because the Khajiit is capable of the full spectrum of human emotions. Sex is also about the emotional connection and not just how someone looks. So having sex with  a Khajiit is not the same as having sex with a cat. A Centaur does have emotions but its not a humanoid and has some  completely different physical attributes. So in that case I see a difference. Its like saying "I want to have a physical relationship with a Yuan-Ti". Its going to be difficult...very difficult

And yes in a world of sexbots if you want to have a relationship with one they would have to be capable of the full range of human emotions or the relationship would just be about sex and be lacking something

Okay. As a recently converted Buddhist, we Buddhists hold animals as being very important. Animals have always been regarded in Buddhist thought as sentient beings, different in their intellectual ability than humans but no less capable of feeling. It's why I was wondering how you saw the distinction of a humanoid cat with a centaur. So as long as they have seme type of humanoid feature, then you could probably have a romance with this creature. So while the Khajiit could be on all fours, it's because it's mostly in humanoid form that you have no problem with humans romancing them.

Also, you said you didn't have a problem with romancing elves. Some people regard elves belonging to the fae which also includes fairies. So I take it you have no problem and quite willing to romance and have sex with a fairy. Not there's anything wrong with that. :-

Okay. As a recently converted Buddhist, we Buddhists hold animals as being very important. Animals have always been regarded in Buddhist thought as sentient beings, different in their intellectual ability than humans but no less capable of feeling. It's why I was wondering how you saw the distinction of a humanoid cat with a centaur. So as long as they have seme type of humanoid feature, then you could probably have a romance with this creature. So while the Khajiit could be on all fours, it's because it's mostly in humanoid form that you have no problem with humans romancing them.

Also, you said you didn't have a problem with romancing elves. Some people regard elves belonging to the fae which also includes fairies. So I take it you have no problem and quite willing to romance and have sex with a fairy. Not there's anything wrong with that. :-

I have no issue with Romance with a fae, there are numerous examples in fantasy of Dryads or Nymphs seducing men for a variety of reasons. So yes Romance with a fae is 100 % fine

John Milton 

Okay. As a recently converted Buddhist.

How recent was this? I could of sworn on another post 2 days ago you said you were a Christian.

I'm only asking because in both posts you used religion to explain your beliefs regarding the topic.

Well ... I don't view this incarnation of this topic as going in a direction that may be any more inviting or favorable towards potential new members, or spawning much productive on-topic discussion, than the last ones. Like Gfted1, I don't really understand the notion some here seem to have that because one may not want to discuss/listen to something, it means no one can. The amount of time/energy some of you devote to disparaging/trolling this topic is time I'd personally rather spend on other things. :lol:

That said, and with apologies to BruceVC ;) I think we've reached that point whereby at least a short breather could currently be of use, until the next cycle emerges, whether it's about PoE, another Obsidian project, or generally in the C&C forum.

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts