Do different classes actually have base differences?

I'm kind of confused right now regarding the classes. I mean, does a warrior actually hit for more damage with a sword over a mage using the same gear? Or are all the classes exactly the same other than the abilities that they have?

I haven't tested my Jew vs. my fighter because they don't have the same weapons.

However, the buddies I know definitely have base differences.

Stan hits much harder with his basic sword attack than kenny does with a bow or cartman does with his staff.

If all the classes are not different from each other, other than their abilities, then the mage is clearly the more superior class.

Every class can equip everything, the only differences being that Fighter already start with armor, Jew deals more damage the closer they are to death and each ability that the classes have.

I believe there might be a slight difference in the classes, I think the Thief starts with less health than any other class, and the mage seems to naturally have more PP than most others. of course this could be my imagination or the result of equipment but I do think there might be a slight difference early on. Later in the game if you're trying to be "optimal" about it, they're all pretty much the same because your skills basically become icing on the cake, weapons and armor make the character.

HP and PP values are different for each class, along with their abilites. Beyond the unique equipment and abilities you get for each class, there are no other differences between them.

I believe there might be a slight difference in the classes, I think the Thief starts with less health than any other class, and the mage seems to naturally have more PP than most others. of course this could be my imagination or the result of equipment but I do think there might be a slight difference early on. Later in the game if you're trying to be "optimal" about it, they're all pretty much the same because your skills basically become icing on the cake, weapons and armor make the character.

I beat the game with Mage, I used all my gear - ranged weapon, melee weapon, helmet, torso & gloves, all to boost my Abilities, didn't use them for physically attacking or for armor.  The 4th Mage ability was a instant kill on everything but the bosses.  

I suspect some other abilities are just as good, depends on your character build.  It doesn't have to be about who has the bigger stick ;) 

My fighter stomp is awesome when its maxed. Even bosses get slapped about in some form.

i never use my fart spells, only use them to boost my physical attacks. The mongolian bow is awesome for atleast level 9 before worth changing.

I tweak my character for fire mainly. And tank armour for the multi bonus to weapons.

The DOT fire works on everybody i have found.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's usually only with the abilities and beginning stats. Other then that, every class can equip anything.

Fighters focus on taking and dealing damage, starting with more Armor. They can dish out a large amount of damage, and take large amounts of it, too. Most of their attacks are single-target, but there's one that strikes everything with a large amount of power, I believe.

Mages focus on special and magic attacks, starting with more then usual PP and more Mana. They tend to lack armor for most of the game, but they're a major glass cannon.

Thieves focus on status effects to whittle HP down, starting with less then average stats, but have Special Attacks that inflict status effects. A lot of them. They rarely have armor and tend to use vampirism to circumvent that problem.

Jews focus on a high-risk, high-reward gameplay with average stats, with armor and weaponry that focuses on their suffering to empower them. Their starting gloves cause them to take 5% more bleed damage. I believe they gain access to Holy damage weapons at some point in the game, which no other class does, unless they side with Kyle and defeat a certain someone with a holy hammer.

Edited by Thieverpedia
  • Like 1

I think it's usually only with the abilities and beginning stats. Other then that, every class can equip anything.

Fighters focus on taking and dealing damage, starting with more Armor. They can dish out a large amount of damage, and take large amounts of it, too. Most of their attacks are single-target, but there's one that strikes everything with a large amount of power, I believe.

Mages focus on special and magic attacks, starting with more then usual PP and more Mana. They tend to lack armor for most of the game, but they're a major glass cannon.

Thieves focus on status effects to whittle HP down, starting with less then average stats, but have Special Attacks that inflict status effects. A lot of them. They rarely have armor and tend to use vampirism to circumvent that problem.

Jews focus on a high-risk, high-reward gameplay with average stats, with armor and weaponry that focuses on their suffering to empower them. Their starting gloves cause them to take 5% more bleed damage. I believe they gain access to Holy damage weapons at some point in the game, which no other class does, unless they side with Kyle and defeat a certain someone with a holy hammer.

I believe you're talking about Ground Pound for the ability that strikes everything. Also, if done right, the ball used in Assault and Battery can hit another target.

Edited by AfroGamerNinja