game freeze (pc)

squallypo

Question

hello everyone, maybe someone can help me out with this i hope a dev lol, i've been experiencing this issue everytime i play the game, after some time pass by around perhaps 15 min+ or so i cant even be sure about it but anywho, everytime i cross a door or enter to a new area/map the game simply freeze i cant move or go to options or anything at all, the audio is still functioning as in the background music, other than that the game is simply unplayable due the freeze of the game, what can i do ?

post-41134-0-75465300-1394208102_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

hello everyone, maybe someone can help me out with this i hope a dev lol, i've been experiencing this issue everytime i play the game, after some time pass by around perhaps 15 min+ or so i cant even be sure about it but anywho, everytime i cross a door or enter to a new area/map the game simply freeze i cant move or go to options or anything at all, the audio is still functioning as in the background music, other than that the game is simply unplayable due the freeze of the game, what can i do ?

I'd suggest reinstalling the game through steam, but then I noticed that steam doesn't seem to be running.....

You have bought this game have you?

i gotta mention that im playing this on a really old computer but even so its playable ! so please dont blame it on that.. windows xp prof, pentium 4 2.8ghz , 1 gb ram , 256 ram nvidia gforce 6600

of course, i even read a post from a girl in the steam forum having the same issue

http://steamcommunity.com/app/213670/discussions/0/558749824405049462/?l=spanish

see

You know, she doesn't seem to have SP on her account either...

Which may be a steam thing, I dunno. The only thing I can suggest is reinstalling the game/deleting old config files/saves.

Edited by C2B

of course, i even read a post from a girl in the steam forum having the same issue

http://steamcommunity.com/app/213670/discussions/0/558749824405049462/?l=spanish

see

You know, she doesn't seem to have SP on her account either...

Which may be a steam thing, I dunno. The only thing I can suggest is reinstalling the game/deleting old config files/saves.

i didnt noticed that , since i didnt checked on her profile only what she wrote , anyways ill try that and come back to share what happend.

Use steam to verify game data. if that does not fix it then reinstall.  

the issue keeps persisting, eventually the game simply freezes when i go to the next map / door at certain time, i can close the game and reopen and go over it again and pass threw it but eventually it freezes this is getting annoying..(already reinstalled)

i gotta mention that im playing this on a really old computer but even so its playable ! so please dont blame it on that.. windows xp prof, pentium 4 2.8ghz , 1 gb ram , 256 ram nvidia gforce 6600

You don't meet the minimum PC requirements (cpu, memory, or graphics card) for the game. This could be a result of you not meeting the min memory requirements. 

I know you said you re-installed, but did you try running steam game data verification?

go into your steam library, right click on the game, click properties, click local files tab, click "verify integrity of game cache.."

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer