Game wont play

NicWil

Question

ive been eagerly waiting for this game to come out all to find out that after i click play through steam it loads up the ubisoft logo, the obsidian logo, then the south park logo then the other logo then the game quits. i've tried messing with the .ini files. after this the default setting is having the dx11 off or false. when i turn it on it blows up faster.

i cant play this game :(

my specs are

intel i7 hex core 3.2 ghz

64 gb vengance ram

nvidia gtx 680

the warning message that comes up is in the attachments 

and find my dx diag

post-96472-0-24967500-1394200031_thumb.jpg

DxDiag.txt

Edited by NicWil

17 answers to this question

ive been eagerly waiting for this game to come out all to find out that after i click play through steam it loads up the ubisoft logo, the obsidian logo, then the south park logo then the other logo then the game quits. i've tried messing with the .ini files. after this the default setting is having the dx11 off or false. when i turn it on it blows up faster.

i cant play this game :(

my specs are

intel i7 hex core 3.2 ghz

64 gb vengance ram

nvidia gtx 680

the warning message that comes up is in the attachments 

and find my dx diag

Steam beta has been causing lots of issues with our game. Please disable if you are participating.

If you are not, try verifying your steam data. Running in compat mode also seems to fix this for some users. 

As a last resort, try reinstalling the game.

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

im not using steam beta. i never have and i even tried installing steam beta then starting then uninstalling steam beta. still the same result.  ive reinstalled the game verified the game cache all the same result. please help

Do you know how to check your application error log under andministrative tools? If you do maybe can shed some more light on this. Also have you set your nvidia control pannel to override anything by defualt? If so you can try creating a seperate set of launch options under the nvidia control pannel to force it all to be aplication controlled(this I am just throwing out there. Probbably gonna get the best info from the error log)

Oh I should mention, I had the same problem as you, but did notice if I tried to start the game over and over out of 5 times, I would at least get it once. After I fixed up my nvidia settings though I dont get that problem very often. However I do have the same stutter issue at times a lot of people are getting. 

I just replied to you and gave you facebook info :) anywho its under start, then control panel, administrative tools, event viewer, windows log, applications, then you need to search for the one that mentions south park. Your best bet is to launch it again now, wait tillo crash then check the log. Cause the log can be HUGEEEEEEE.

It might be kind of like a last resort, but you might want to consider reinstalling your OS. Even if you know how to keep your system clean and organized it's almost impossible to not get some tiny errors deep down in your system after a certain amount of time. I noticed many similar cases with other games or software, not only on my personal systems. It's worth a try at least. Nowdays it's a lot easier to backup files anyways so a fresh clean start might fix it for you. If not, you at least got a fresh install of your OS.

Thankfully we were able to solve NicWil's problem. The issue was that the game was crashing when initializing the mouse. We found that the game was competing with some other software that was running on the machine, causing the issue. In NicWil's case, once he uninstalled a piece of Kensington mouse software, the game started up fine.

Thank you NicWil for working with me to solve your issue, and I hope you enjoy the game.

Oh that's great news, awesome how the little things can have such huge effect. Glad they are working so hard on the game still. Hope they will be able to fix the issue I mentioned in my thread too.