PS3 - Zero Sound

Tassit

Question

8 answers to this question

Just got this game a little bit ago, put it in the PS3 and booted up. No sound whatsoever, please help.

Digital or from disc? 

Are you running sound through HDMI? Do you ahve a surround sound system or receiver you are passing through? 

Any information on your setup would be greatly appreciated.

If you're not running a special setup, try deleting your game data and reinstalling the game. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

Just got this game a little bit ago, put it in the PS3 and booted up. No sound whatsoever, please help.

Digital or from disc? 

Are you running sound through HDMI? Do you ahve a surround sound system or receiver you are passing through? 

If you're not running a special setup, try deleting your game data and reinstalling the game. 

I know you were not quoting me but i'll tell you my info anyways.

Its the digital version(from the US psn shop). I use HDMI and no extra sound system.

I will try to delete and redownload the game tomorrow and report back.

Digital or from disc? 

I know you were not quoting me but i'll tell you my info anyways.

Its the digital version(from the US psn shop). I use HDMI and no extra sound system.

I will try to delete and redownload the game tomorrow and report back.

If that does't work --

If you're using your TV speakers, go into your PS3 audio settings and make sure that only 2.1 (stereo) options are selected. 

If that does't work --

If you're using your TV speakers, go into your PS3 audio settings and make sure that only 2.1 (stereo) options are selected. 

That solved it for me, changing the sound settings that is.

yesterday i moved my ps to another room and a tv i havent been gaming on before. But the the funny thing is that i actually had souund in another game i tried before posting about not having sounds in south park(that was dragons crown it that would somehow matter). Anyways after my last post i went to play some nhl and to my supprise i had no sound! I always had sounds in nhl at my usual tv so that kinda told me the problem was at my end.

Anyways, glad it was a easy fix at my side and thanks for the quick replys buy you!

If that does't work --

That solved it for me, changing the sound settings that is.

yesterday i moved my ps to another room and a tv i havent been gaming on before. But the the funny thing is that i actually had souund in another game i tried before posting about not having sounds in south park(that was dragons crown it that would somehow matter). Anyways after my last post i went to play some nhl and to my supprise i had no sound! I always had sounds in nhl at my usual tv so that kinda told me the problem was at my end.

Anyways, glad it was a easy fix at my side and thanks for the quick replys buy you!

Just happy that worked out for you. Enjoy the game.

I just got the disc version on this game and there is no sound i tried changing the sound on my ps3 to 2.1 but that didn't work i also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it that didn't work but i do have a hdmi gong through a system selector pease help