Obama Impeachment

obyknven

Won't happen.

Very sadly and to our great detriment the U.S. is far too polarized along 'left/right' politics, like so many other nations these days. If it wasn't Bush would have been impeached. Both Bush and Obama have done more than enough to be impeached many many times over (and the same could be said for most of the people in the Senate and Congress). Also, the Senate, which tries an impeached President, is not currently how it was originally designed to be (the 17th amendment is one of the ones that needs repealing) and as it currently is, is really just far too corrupt to properly handle an impeachment trial even if the house votes to impeach. Not to mention the judge who would preside over it is a beyond corrupt bought and paid for evil MFer who is playing for the same team Obama plays for. If Obama actually was impeached the trial proceedings would be a farce no matter how guilty he is.

Our mainstream media is bought and paid for and petty as can be as well in regards to domestic politics, so the serious Constitutional and legal issues are generally overlooked in favor of sensationalistic crap and lies meant for a polarized audience with a short memory and little understanding of history, the Constitution, the laws of the land, and their importance. And that's the audience, most people don't even pay attention. They're too busy dancing with the stars, watching some sports event, gossiping about Snooki, or something else that has no real bearing in their life. The impeachment of Clinton exemplified this, and memories of that trial are still fresh enough in many folks minds.

Also, the elites that pull Obama's strings aren't likely to sacrifice him, especially considering that at the moment and for the foreseeable future at least there's nothing substantial to sacrifice him for. He's their baby, has been delivering quite well, and they are full of enough hubris to not give all that much poo about the reputation of the U.S..

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

Never happen. Should not happen. He's been a bad president and a poor leader but impeachment is for removing a president who has actually broken laws. He's done some questionable things, looked to other way on some things that are arguably illegal (turning the IRS into the lefts own thought police for an example) but I didn't think Clinton should have been impeached and he actually did commit a crime (perjury) I certainly don't think BHO should be who hasn't.

What I want for Barack Obama is for him to lose both houses of Congress this year (a good probability) which will neutralize the government. Congress will protect us from him, he'll protect us from them. Then I'd like to see him quietly run out the clock on his next two years, leave office, build a library, spend time with his family and make $1M a year on the lecture circuit and just go away.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Why anyone would believe anything O'Reilly says about any topic  is beyond me

• Like 4

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't watch him. I find that unless it's sports I really don't want to watch TV anymore.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Never happen. Should not happen. He's been a bad president and a poor leader but impeachment is for removing a president who has actually broken laws. He's done some questionable things, looked to other way on some things that are arguably illegal (turning the IRS into the lefts own thought police for an example) but I didn't think Clinton should have been impeached and he actually did commit a crime (perjury) I certainly don't think BHO should be who hasn't.

What I want for Barack Obama is for him to lose both houses of Congress this year (a good probability) which will neutralize the government. Congress will protect us from him, he'll protect us from them. Then I'd like to see him quietly run out the clock on his next two years, leave office, build a library, spend time with his family and make $1M a year on the lecture circuit and just go away.

That may be the most reasonable I've seen you be about Obama, and I agree with you.  Although I want to see the Republicans clean house a bit and refocus.  For example many of the top Republicans have changed direction on immigration, and I see that as a positive.

But yeah, no President has ever been successfully impeached, it won't start now.  Heck he'd be out of office by the time they could get a full trial together, with the speed of everything in DC today.

• Like 1

I don't like any of the local Texas Republicans. Don't know what they're like in your area Hurlshot, but around here they're still railing about immigration and abortion pretty loudly.

On-Topic: I doubt Obama will be impeached. Makes a fair bit of political theater, but there is no realistic situation where he can be charged with a legitimate offense.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Fox News

src_1372203829967.gif

I was tempted to write that Oby lost any shred of credibility the moment he posted a pic of Fox News, but that would imply he had some credibility to begin with.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 13

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

no President has ever been successfully impeached,

No.  Andrew Johnson (violation of the Tenure of Office Act) and Bill Clinton (Perjury and Obstruction of Justice) were impeached.    They were acquitted in their trials but they were impeached.  

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Article One of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power of impeachment and the Senate the sole power to try impeachments. Unlike the British system, impeachment is only the first of two stages, and conviction requires a two-thirds vote. Impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges, parallel to an indictment in criminal law. An official who is impeached faces a second legislative vote (whether by the same body or another), which determines conviction, or failure to convict, on the charges embodied by the impeachment.

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Obama approved, legally, dronestrikes that have killed between 2000-4000 people. All terrorists, thanks the jurisdictional process of defining them as such.

He will not be impeached unless takes money from the treasury in and puts it in his own pocket. Now that is just unacceptable on any level.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Obama approved, legally, dronestrikes that have killed between 2000-4000 people. All terrorists, thanks the jurisdictional process of defining them as such.

He will not be impeached unless takes money from the treasury in and puts it in his own pocket. Now that is just unacceptable on any level.

So you would prefer the USA sending  ground troops into  western Pakistan to kill the members of the Taliban and Al-Qaeda  who were actively involved in the insurgency in Afghanistan?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So you assume each and every one was guilty as charged and deserved death by Obama? Very well.

//EDIT: Hundreds have been killed in Yemen as well.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So you assume each and every one was guilty as charged and deserved death by Obama? Very well.

Yes and Yemen is also a hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism

I am not saying that there haven't been civilian causalities and that is always reregrettable. But don't kid yourself, this is a war. Drone strikes are carefully planned and are used as part of the USA military strategy when they cannot use conventional armed forces, like ground troops. Also just for the record the president of Yemen allowed most of the drone strikes bebecause his already fragile rule is threatened by Al-Qaeda in Yemen

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I recommend the following sources for more detail:

1) The Long War Journal: A Project of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies
  http://www.longwarjournal.org/

2) The New American Foundation   The Year of the Drone    An Analysis of U.S. Drone Strikes in Pakistan, 2004-2010  

Peter Bergen and Katherine Tiedemann    February 24, 2010

http://counterterrorism.newamerica.net/sites/newamerica.net/files/policydocs/bergentiedemann2.pdf

3) Living Under Drones

http://www.livingunderdrones.org/numbers/

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

I recommend the following sources for more detail:

1) The Long War Journal: A Project of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies

http://www.longwarjournal.org/

2) The New American Foundation   The Year of the Drone    An Analysis of U.S. Drone Strikes in Pakistan, 2004-2010  

Peter Bergen and Katherine Tiedemann    February 24, 2010

http://counterterrorism.newamerica.net/sites/newamerica.net/files/policydocs/bergentiedemann2.pdf

3) Living Under Drones

http://www.livingunderdrones.org/numbers/

Whats your view on the Drone Strike strategy Kgambit. I consider you well informed in these matters?

John Milton 

Approved yes, legal no in some cases, arguably all cases. But who's to let law hinder the actions of a President these days? Certainly not a public with their heads in the sand, and their fundamental naivety or ignorance of laws.

Yes and Yemen is also a hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism

I am not saying that there haven't been civilian causalities and that is always reregrettable. But don't kid yourself, this is a war. Drone strikes are carefully planned and are used as part of the USA military strategy when they cannot use conventional armed forces, like ground troops. Also just for the record the president of Yemen allowed most of the drone strikes bebecause his already fragile rule is threatened by Al-Qaeda in Yemen

I am sure that he regrets the sanctioning of killing children greatly. I am also sure he understands the careful planning of killing them consists of getting a list people that might have some association of a local warlord in god knows where is completely ethical and morally right.

...or just let us call what it is: truly evil.

But it is not impeachable, since it is legal.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Its little bit outdated but I just love this video:

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Is Obama the Anti-Christ or a ZOGbot? You decide!

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Nah, he is just Human, all too Human.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Its little bit outdated but I just love this video:

Juice Rap News is win. I've been a fan for years.

You get more truth from any one of their videos than you'll get from any major news source over the course of a week or more.

Is Obama the Anti-Christ or a ZOGbot? You decide!

:lol: okay that really made me laugh....kudos... :lol:

John Milton